Latino Weddings

Wedding Vows

Hmm.. this doesn't seem to be a very active board, but I'll ask anyway lol! :)

Out of curiousity, how many of you are writing your own vows? If so, in which language? Or will you say your vows in both languages?

Re: Wedding Vows

• edited December 2011
    Not sure if we are going to write our vows yet. But if we do, it would be in english.
  • edited December 2011
    Our entire ceremony will be in Spanish.  Everyone knows Spanish, we speak Spanish at home, and doing it bilingual wouldnt really benefit anyone as there will be very few (less than a handful) of English only guests.

I dont believe we will be writing our own vows, by now I think we would of decided on that and being that its 3 months away....we can go with the standard :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing traditional vows most probably in English although I would LOVE for FI to repeat them in Spanish....Something to think about!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hmm that's really interesting! I suppose the smartest thing for me to do would be to say them in spanish since I guess the ceremony will be in Spanish as well. I guess it just seems strange though, lol, I've always pictured it in English. Anyway I think it would be nice to write our own vows. Nobody has really ever seen that around here and I think it would give the ceremony a special and personal touch. However, that also means FI has never heard of it and isn't necessarily into it lol. We'll see what we do down the line! :)
  • edited December 2011
    We are writing our own vows.  I kind of wanted to say them in Spanish, since that is his first language, but when I talked to FI about it, he wants us to say them both in Englihs, because that is how we communicate with one another.
  • edited December 2011
    We are writing our own vows because I don't like the "promise to obey" part of traditional vows. We will be reciting them in English because FI doesn't speak Spanish and if he tried, I'd bust out laughing!
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_wedding-vows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:680Discussion:2a49b677-bc0a-452d-b140-c1e511912911Post:b42ec629-d3ff-4a50-a994-e555c918f46c">Re: Wedding Vows</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are writing our own vows because I don't like the "promise to obey" part of traditional vows. We will be reciting them in English because<strong> FI doesn't speak Spanish and if he tried, I'd bust out laughing!
    </strong>Posted by themrspena[/QUOTE]

Ahahahahaha!! That would make for a very fun and entertaining ceremony though with you laughing at the poor guy! Lol :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards