Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Morning Eeners!!

Re: Morning Eeners!!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-eeners-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e418f7a-b67b-4fd1-83a1-5042cf9e1a2cPost:a138c16b-c2f1-421b-8885-1a9ea6a96e27">Re: Morning Eeners!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I have done it, I have contacted some staffing agencies to look for a new job, I laid in bed this morning and dreaded coming into work. My paycheck is really good which is the only reason that I have stayed here, but I just cannot work in this enviroment anymore. T & P and good vibes please!
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous of you! Thoughts and prayers for a better job situation.

I really understand 100% where you're coming from. I love my job, I love my boss, but there's some of the stuff with my job that really gets me right now. However, my paycheck rocks, so I'm trying to tough it out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-eeners-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e418f7a-b67b-4fd1-83a1-5042cf9e1a2cPost:3ca43a2e-c23e-49f7-8bcc-bcd1bdb60069">Re: Morning Eeners!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning Eeners!! : I'm watching it happen right now.  My friends are pretty split down the middle as far as political affiliation, so I have a lot of "Yay!"s and a couple of "Fuuuuuck this shiiit"s.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

What's happening?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-eeners-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e418f7a-b67b-4fd1-83a1-5042cf9e1a2cPost:3ca43a2e-c23e-49f7-8bcc-bcd1bdb60069">Re: Morning Eeners!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning Eeners!! : I'm watching it happen right now.  My friends are pretty split down the middle as far as political affiliation, so I have a lot of "Yay!"s and a couple of "Fuuuuuck this shiiit"s.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

That's how mine are. Of course CW is the worst she's dancing around the office, "We showed those damn republicans!"
  • Options
    Mmm. I need to make a dirt cake with oreos. Yum.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Cookie, you should know, you shouldn't you? haha jk. They made a rainbow filled oreo cookie image for the FB page supporting gay rights. People are boycotting.

Steffi, right now Obamacare has been upheld by the Supreme Court.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-eeners-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e418f7a-b67b-4fd1-83a1-5042cf9e1a2cPost:0fbca82d-f223-496a-8139-b64675979c99">Re: Morning Eeners!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning Eeners!! : I'm jealous of you! Thoughts and prayers for a better job situation. I really understand 100% where you're coming from. I love my job, I love my boss, but there's some of the stuff with my job that really gets me right now. However, my paycheck rocks, so I'm trying to tough it out.
    Posted by StefffiC[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was a hard decision, it used to be okay but then my boss quiet and a friend of mine quit. The people who replaced them, ugh. Well my new boss is okay, but my new CW well you all know about her! But I make more than H so we really need my income, but if a better job comes along making what I make now then i'm on it!
  • Options
    You're right, I should! People are so ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised to hear kids can't draw rainbows in school anymore.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Morning Eeners!!:[QUOTE]You're right, I should! People are so ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised to hear kids can't draw rainbows in school anymore. Posted by cookie0803[/QUOTE]

To be fair, the gay agenda is everywhere. You know. The agenda of equal human rights.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-eeners-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e418f7a-b67b-4fd1-83a1-5042cf9e1a2cPost:af1b3ed0-149a-4b74-b5f7-ee8497da86e8">Re: Morning Eeners!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning Eeners!! : Yeah it was a hard decision, it used to be okay but then my boss quiet and a friend of mine quit. The people who replaced them, ugh. Well my new boss is okay, but my new CW well you all know about her! But I make more than H so we really need my income, but if a better job comes along making what I make now then i'm on it!
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]

That's kind of the same boat we're in. And, we're common law, which was difficult to find a company to insure both of us. He doesn't qualify for health insurance with his job and doesn't make much. So, I'm kind of stuck. I love my boss and I love the boss I work for (I have two), I love my cohort at work that I work with. I feel like I'm expected to be perfect and I have to deal with the upper management level at work and there are high expectations for when things get done (like, yesterday! LOL). I knew that this summer was going to be tough on me at work, but I had no idea it would be like this. But, this too shall pass and it will get better.

I really do like my job most of the time. And, I like the company I work for.
  • Options
    July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    ugh...I'm starving and it is not even 11.  The office is ordering in free Chipotle for us.  I've been salivating since I placed my order.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-eeners-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e418f7a-b67b-4fd1-83a1-5042cf9e1a2cPost:170dbe14-ffd9-49d9-9c9e-0b019d1d1776">Re:Morning Eeners!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Morning Eeners!!:

To be fair, the gay agenda is everywhere. You know. The agenda of equal human rights.
    Posted by HandBanana[/QUOTE]

"everyone is equal...unless I don't want you to be. Then, you know, you're not. Cool?"

I will never understand the entitlement some people feel.
  • Options
    Are you feeling any better Rach? I am jealous of your PIR watching.
  • Options
    That's good! Rest is important. :)
  • Options
    Hi!

I'm feeling a little guilty because I was paid to talk for an hour, and my whole lecture including Q&A afterwards only lasted 45 minutes.  On the other hand, all the young doctors and medical students were probably thrilled that they'd get to have a little time to catch up on work.  But the person writing my check probably feels swindled out of a quarter of their money.  :P

• Options
    So how much orange juice and champagne do I need to bring to this baby shower Sunday?  There are going to be about 60 people.  There is also, of course, non-mimosa punch.  Anyone have any ideas?  I currently have 2 bottles of champagne and 2 things of orange juice.  I think I need more?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    The question is how many people do you think will drink mimosas?  Also, are you mixing the mimosa, or is it self-serve?
  • Options
    We were just going to put it in a punch bowl, but I was going to go light on the champagne and leave a bottle out if people wanted to add more.  Maybe that's a bad idea? I don't know most of the people going, but I know SILs family likes to drink.  I think I'm just going to get more, I can always just bring home the unopened bottles.  I would just hate to run out.  
    What was your talk about Mica?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I've had a weird craving for mimosas lately.  I don't think 2 bottles of champagne would be enough for sixty people.  Are kids included in that count?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    I don't think there are any kids coming.  You think 4 is enough?  6?  Of course I have no problems with leftovers :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    My talk was on Asthma & Alzheimers and how the concurrent diagnoses affect each other.  Not many people know about this topic, but I'm not sure if the organizers of this lecture series had in mind.  Whatever.  They asked me to lecture on any topic, so this is what I chose.
  • Options
    I hosted 12 ladies for a shower, and we went through 2 bottles of champagne for our mimosas, but we were drinkers and the only other drink choices were water and coffee (or just juice).  
  • Options
    I just lost my shiiit on thurman.  I'm glad we have good mods. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-eeners-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e418f7a-b67b-4fd1-83a1-5042cf9e1a2cPost:20c0dda0-5001-4251-9d81-e1ae57e7167a">Re: Morning Eeners!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just lost my shiiit on thurman.  I'm glad we have good mods. 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

And now she's in the siblings of ring bearer thread talking about not splitting up families. Because this is clearly a topic that is important to her.
  • Options
    Eags I am very excited for you and your break.  You need one, little lady.

FFS.  H's lovely cousin who got pregnant to reap the welfare benefits is now asking for donations for an ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby.   
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-eeners-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1e418f7a-b67b-4fd1-83a1-5042cf9e1a2cPost:e1b78032-d0f3-4ca1-86d7-a508d5830c40">Re: Morning Eeners!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eags I am very excited for you and your break.  You need one, little lady. FFS.  H's lovely cousin who got pregnant to reap the welfare benefits is now asking for donations for an ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby.   
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]
    I'd say "Klassy" but I don't think that even quite covers it.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    Wow adamar, she sounds wonderful. 

BTW - how did your flatbread pizzas turn out?

Oh, and hi everyone.
  • Options
    Hi eags!
  • Options
    Hi Poke... how's the packing going?
  • Options
    Midge, yeah. I get charged a flat fee for 11-18 hours, and anything after that is charged at a slightly discounted hourly rate. In other words, my university wants another $1000 from me by mid July.

• Options
    Wow Adamar she sounds lovely!

Poke how's it going? Busy packing?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards