Snarky Brides

Quick Vent... FI funny

uhh soo its lunch time on the phone with FI, his salad lettuce is wilted and now he has no food and its my fault hes going to die of starvation... given i woke up same time and had very little time to get ready taking kid to school... and he says " well ill just make my lunch from now on"... i have made his lunches for 4 years almost...C'mon i was in a hurry i appologized... must be a busy day at work ; > /

ok yeah thanks haha
Photobucket

Re: Quick Vent... FI funny

• Yeah, if Dh said something like that to me I'd be saying "Yes I guess you will be."

He's a grown man, he can make his own lunches.
  • I make H's lunch the day before, but I make mine too so it's not a problem to make 1 extra sandwich. But he knows that the moment he complains or bitches about whatever I put in his lunch is the day he starts making it himself.

Your FI needs to STFU and be happy you've made it for 4 years running. 1 day off isn't going to kill him.
  • I don't think you should apologize for not making your FI's lunch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quick-vent-fi-funny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f125c475-bd1a-4094-880d-5812ff5b57aaPost:0cd40a43-9514-4098-b60a-176ca42baa40">Quick Vent... FI funny</a>:
    [QUOTE]uhh soo its lunch time on the phone with FI, his salad lettuce is wilted and now he has no food and its my fault hes going to die of starvation... given i woke up same time and had very little time to get ready taking kid to school... and he says " well ill just make my lunch from now on"... i have made his lunches for 4 years almost...<strong>C'mon i was in a hurry i appologized</strong>... must be a busy day at work ; > / ok yeah thanks haha
    Posted by brhinkle[/QUOTE]
    I wouldn't have apologized.  I would have told my husband damn right he was making his own  lunches from now on if he's going to be ungrateful when I do it for him.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quick-vent-fi-funny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f125c475-bd1a-4094-880d-5812ff5b57aaPost:b6593a9f-1d3a-42f5-a3ea-35a0175e9c03">Re: Quick Vent... FI funny</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Quick Vent... FI funny : I wouldn't have apologized.  I would have told my husband damn right he was making his own  lunches from now on if he's going to be ungrateful when I do it for him.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Ditto.
  • Oh, here's a story.

Last week my dad did laundry for the first time in his entire life. He's 56. My mom walked into the room and saw the drawers all filled with laundry, laundry basket empty and immediately called me to see if I had done it. Oh men.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quick-vent-fi-funny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f125c475-bd1a-4094-880d-5812ff5b57aaPost:b6593a9f-1d3a-42f5-a3ea-35a0175e9c03">Re: Quick Vent... FI funny</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Quick Vent... FI funny : I wouldn't have apologized.  I would have told my husband damn right he was making his own  lunches from now on if he's going to be ungrateful when I do it for him.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

This. And then I would probably junk punch him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • My mom and my sisters and I used to make my dads lunches (he's a farmer) every night.  But if we were gone, it was up to him - and he never complained.

One summer we were gone for a month during the summertime to California and when we returned we just had to laugh because my dad's work clothes were all so loose - since he barely had any time to go to the store, he was coming up with some pretty pathetic lunches and ended up losing a little weight.  Too funny - but we started making his lunches again and he filled out his jeans again.
    panther
  • Did he call you up to bitch about his lunch? 

That's not very nice. 
  • hahah yea i agree i believe i will let him do it... haha normally he wont say anything, I think this is his cranky day men can be such babies... i forget how "together" i have it..... PAAHAHAHAHAHA...

just yesterday we were on our way to the mall and i said " WTF the photog hasnt answered my multi calls/emails ( its been about 4 weeks)... im gunna call again monday...and he went uh ohh i see the first bridzilla moment... i wanted to say oh honey that was nothing ; ) Its normally im not the type to get all flustered but i thought it was soo funny his idea of a Bridzilla moment was a mere statement with an observation along with it haha
    Photobucket
  • Psssh, I would've had a few words for FI.  We both make lunches and help each other. 
  • I would have ate the wilted lettuce regardless. my dh is a grown man, he can make his own food...  He normally just takes leftovers from the night before though...  he likes my food :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • ohh no he didnt call just to bitch about that , it just so happend when he opened the lunch box and bam!! hes already forgotten about it and appologized for snapping...

i have posted around here a few times but i wanted to add a funny to the end of it saying  i know he didnt wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning ; )))... but i dont need too much TMI just my humor sometimes
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quick-vent-fi-funny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f125c475-bd1a-4094-880d-5812ff5b57aaPost:86c67a43-c39b-4794-bbbd-deaaea38de4a">Re: Quick Vent... FI funny</a>:
    [QUOTE]hahah yea i agree i believe i will let him do it... haha normally he wont say anything, <strong>I think this is his cranky day men can be such babies</strong>... i forget how "together" i have it..... PAAHAHAHAHAHA... just yesterday we were on our way to the mall and i said " WTF the photog hasnt answered my multi calls/emails ( its been about 4 weeks)... im gunna call again monday...and he went uh ohh i see the first bridzilla moment... i wanted to say oh honey that was nothing ; ) Its normally im not the type to get all flustered but i thought it was soo funny his idea of a Bridzilla moment was a mere statement with an observation along with it haha

Not my husband.  He's only a "baby" when he's sick and even then, it's only because he's incapable of cooking anything for himself that is healthy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quick-vent-fi-funny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f125c475-bd1a-4094-880d-5812ff5b57aaPost:c56ad3f9-d55b-423e-977e-8678c112154e">Re: Quick Vent... FI funny</a>:
    [QUOTE]but i dont need too much TMI
    Is that like an ATM Machine?
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • yes Betrothed123, something to that effect Sealed 

BTW, very nice to meet all of you guys!!! 

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quick-vent-fi-funny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f125c475-bd1a-4094-880d-5812ff5b57aaPost:4b5c1868-96bb-4a83-9a7e-41d8fe6937cf">Re: Quick Vent... FI funny</a>:
    [QUOTE]yes Betrothed123, something to that effect   BTW, very nice to meet all of you guys!!! 
    Haha!  Thanks for having a sense of humor about it :)
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • I'm not sure how to say this nicely, but now I am curious:  is English your first language? 
  • I keep reading "Bridzilla" as "birdzilla." Are you one of our feathered friends?
  • Betrothed123, anytime!! Its great!

ohwhynot, ahhh yes it is, but not his so sometimes i take his bad grammar. I should be shunned. just fast at work and doing both ( shame shame )

Seshat411: Its really funny you say that no, im not a bird although in elementary school bigbird was my nickname I towered over everyone else ; ) and i guess the blonde hair?!?

I will now go hide under a rock until I go back to school with my stepdaughter, she might be able to teach me proper english again...

Photobucket
  • If he knows where the kitchen is he can fix his own lunch. good grief.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quick-vent-fi-funny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f125c475-bd1a-4094-880d-5812ff5b57aaPost:33e1e550-1bb5-47ee-ad61-d4ce813618fe">Re: Quick Vent... FI funny</a>:
    [QUOTE]Betrothed123, anytime!! Its great! ohwhynot, ahhh yes it is, but not his so sometimes i take his bad grammar. I should be shunned. just fast at work and doing both ( shame shame ) Seshat411: Its really funny you say that no, im not a bird although in elementary school bigbird was my nickname I towered over everyone else ; ) and i guess the blonde hair?!? I will now go hide under a rock until I go back to school with my stepdaughter, she might be able to teach me proper english again...

No need to hide, and you're not being shunned.  The difference between this post, though, and the others in this thread is significant.  This one is perfectly readable; the others, not so much. 
  • You don't need to go back to school to learn proper English. Just capitalize your I's, use less excessive punctuation and click the spell check button :)
  • My husband once didn't eat for 2 days because he didn't believe that I wouldn't cook for him if he didn't bother to feed himself.  I was all "WTF, I haven't cooked for you in ten damn years, why would I start now."  I won that little contest.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quick-vent-fi-funny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f125c475-bd1a-4094-880d-5812ff5b57aaPost:5a4b7eb3-54df-41f3-bcfd-16b34d06f99f">Re: Quick Vent... FI funny</a>:
    [QUOTE]My husband once didn't eat for 2 days because he didn't believe that I wouldn't cook for him if he didn't bother to feed himself.  I was all "WTF, I haven't cooked for you in ten damn years, why would I start now."  I won that little contest.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]
    I swear my love for you grows every day.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quick-vent-fi-funny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f125c475-bd1a-4094-880d-5812ff5b57aaPost:5a4b7eb3-54df-41f3-bcfd-16b34d06f99f">Re: Quick Vent... FI funny</a>:
    [QUOTE]My husband once didn't eat for 2 days because he didn't believe that I wouldn't cook for him if he didn't bother to feed himself.  I was all "WTF, I haven't cooked for you in ten damn years, why would I start now."  I won that little contest.

Bahaha. Awesome.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quick-vent-fi-funny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f125c475-bd1a-4094-880d-5812ff5b57aaPost:5a4b7eb3-54df-41f3-bcfd-16b34d06f99f">Re: Quick Vent... FI funny</a>:

Sounds like someone needs to learn his place in the kitchen (him, not you). I cook for H almost every day since I love cooking, but if he ever made it sound like I had to I'd stop just on principle.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quick-vent-fi-funny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f125c475-bd1a-4094-880d-5812ff5b57aaPost:06d816f1-de01-4c80-b739-1fc483d44840">Re: Quick Vent... FI funny</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Vent... FI funny : Sounds like someone needs to learn his place in the kitchen (him, not you). I cook for H almost every day since I love cooking, but if he ever made it sound like I had to I'd stop just on principle.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I try to cook for H, that counts right?
  • ohwhynot : I took my time, No work as of now.
    Also, Great wedding dress...Love Love it!! Very unique ( as if you picked it for another reason)

katiewhompus : Thank you for your help,  my spell check was hiding from me, until I looked down and saw it.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_quick-vent-fi-funny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f125c475-bd1a-4094-880d-5812ff5b57aaPost:bacfada6-f2cf-46e7-b6eb-af822828f0ca">Re: Quick Vent... FI funny</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Vent... FI funny : I try to cook for H, that counts right?
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]
    Very much so, as long as he doesn't act like he deserves for you to kill him with your inedible food ;)
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards