Ohio-Cincinnati

alterations rec please

I bought a Ramona Keveza dress that is made of English net and is cut on the bias.  Does anyone have someone or a shop they would recommend for alterations?  Thank  you for your help in advance! 

Re: alterations rec please

• edited December 2011

June Eilers, she's really good. But I can't seem to find her contact info, does anyone have it?

• edited December 2011
    try Young's in Springboro 937-439-4541
  • 101709lovey101709lovey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check with Pauline Miller.  I used her and she is raved on across this board.  Loved her work and she did an excellent job.  http://stitchesbypauline.com/
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I took my Romona Keveza to Tony King. He's working on 4 other Keveza dresses right now, too. (Mine is silk shantung.) Tony has a reputation as the person to go to with a couture gown. He's priced accordingly, though. He quoted me almost $300.

Pauline Miller has an excellent reputation on this board and I had a hard time deciding whether to go with her or Tony. I bet she'd have been a lot cheaper. But I'm really paranoid about my dress and in the end took it to Tony because I know he's worked on Romona Keveza dresses before and knows how they're constructed. And I wanted his couture-minded opinion on what kind of bustle to do. Although Pauline might have done exactly what he's doing.

Tony King: (513) 481-4484

P.S. I wish I could see your little thumbnail image better, the dress looks gorgeous. : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards