April 2014 Weddings

How Much Planning Have You Ladies Done?

Hey ladies!  Just wondering how much planning you ladies have done so far?  

I have the venue, dj, photographer, officiant, flowers, and dress all done!  I feel like I can relax a bit but at the same time I feel like there's so much more to do.  FI and I purchased a groupon for our save the dates and were purchased a basic invitation set from Michaels.  He has a background in graphic design so I figured why pay someone to do our STD and invites when he is fully capable of doing them himself and saving ourselves tons of money in the process :-)
Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How Much Planning Have You Ladies Done?

• We have our church, reception venue, DJ, and transportation booked. We also have our STDs done (I had a coupon code for magnet street). I put the deposit down on my brooch bouquet (click here if you want to see it!) I'm going to start dress shopping on my March Break (like spring break, only in Canada haha). I have been looking at invitations and decorators but haven't made any decisions yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • We have our church, DJ, photographer, videographer, officiant, photobooth, makeup/hair stylist all booked. I have my dress and veil. We have our toasting flutes and cake cutting set (Christmas present from FH's mother). Now we are just kind of waiting to do the rest of planning. We have our colors picked and we know what we want for center pieces but it's too early to buy stuff.
  • You guys are so far ahead of me!! EEK!
      I have my ceremony/reception venue and my dj  booked.  I am just now looking for a photographer.  I also started discussing dress shopping with my family.  I thought my dad nd step mom were going to buy my dress but my Aunt told me today that she would like to buy it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • I found my dress by chance.  I had went to just go see what styles I had liked just to narrow down what I was looking at.  I found one that I loved so I went back the next weekend with my dad and purchased it.  I didn't want to regret not getting the dress or waiting too long to shop around and not getting it.  My dad loved it so it pretty much sealed the deal.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_how-much-planning-have-you-ladies-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:605331fe-b01b-48a7-909f-8ec763140234Post:d49f4b93-cda0-4d3a-81d9-2a02b49fe133">Re: How Much Planning Have You Ladies Done?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You guys are so far ahead of me!! EEK!   I have my ceremony/reception venue and my dj  booked.  I am just now looking for a photographer.  I also started discussing dress shopping with my family.  I thought my dad nd step mom were going to buy my dress but my Aunt told me today that she would like to buy it. 
    Posted by MaryGraceRich[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh don't even worry! Unless you're in a place where things book up years in advance you definitely have a lot of time still. There are brides on these boards who have planned their weddings in less than a year and no matter how fast you book things you'll still have a beautiful day :)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_how-much-planning-have-you-ladies-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:605331fe-b01b-48a7-909f-8ec763140234Post:d49f4b93-cda0-4d3a-81d9-2a02b49fe133">Re: How Much Planning Have You Ladies Done?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You guys are so far ahead of me!! EEK!   I have my ceremony/reception venue and my dj  booked.  I am just now looking for a photographer.  I also started discussing dress shopping with my family.  I thought my dad nd step mom were going to buy my dress but my Aunt told me today that she would like to buy it. 
    Posted by MaryGraceRich[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I think your on target.  I booked everything because we are in an area where things can get booked up quickly.  I was at one venue and the guy we met with told us that after our appointment, he had an appointment with someone who wanted to get married in May of 2015.  And here I thought that I was ahead of the game.  

</div>
    Anniversary

• Thank you for your encouragement. I think today was the first day I got a tad overwhelmed. I was convinved that I was going to go to davids bridal in the summer for my dress. Now with my aunt paying for it she suggested we go to a boutique. There are sooo many! The next steps on my personal list are to check out photographers and hotels. Dress shopping is going to have to be sooner than I though too.
  • Def spend your first appointment figuring out what styles look good on your body and be open minded.  I went to Alfred Angelo in Cherry Hill (there is also one in PA, but they have sales tax on clothes) just wanting to see what I liked.  I tried on a dress that my consultant suggested and I loved it.  Went back with my dad the following week.  Added a sash since we thought something was missing and my dad said we were done.  LOL.
    Anniversary

• Hey ladies, I have the dress and veil, day of coordinator and venue for ceremony and reception booked. I have an appointment with a photographer and a caterer at the end if the month so I am about to dive into full planning mode! Right now just addicted to all the wedding sites and magazines.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have an appointment to look at a venue on Wednesday. That is as far as I've gotten. Unfortunately I cannot really plan much yet because FI and I are paying for the wedding ourselves and we are both new attorneys looking for good work. We can barely pay our rent let alone put down payments on vendors. May end up doing a courthouse wedding if something doesn't break in the job market soon.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_how-much-planning-have-you-ladies-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:605331fe-b01b-48a7-909f-8ec763140234Post:718cc3f8-2d4f-44fc-a2e1-c32db86ffde7">Re: How Much Planning Have You Ladies Done?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have an appointment to look at a venue on Wednesday. That is as far as I've gotten. Unfortunately I cannot really plan much yet because FI and I are paying for the wedding ourselves and we are both new attorneys looking for good work. We can barely pay our rent let alone put down payments on vendors. May end up doing a courthouse wedding if something doesn't break in the job market soon.
    Posted by nsweare[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Just keep the faith.  FI and I were in a similar situation.  FI was working freelance for two of the three years we were together after he was laid off.  I was saving what I could, but I don't have a great paying job, its in the field I have my degree in, but its private not public (I'm a teacher).  FI finally got the break and was offered a fulltime position with the compant he freelanced for last April and we were finally able to set a date and book our venue.  It'll work out just stay positive!

</div>
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_how-much-planning-have-you-ladies-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:605331fe-b01b-48a7-909f-8ec763140234Post:78dcc0dd-816c-446a-9251-c5f1fa8edf67">Re: How Much Planning Have You Ladies Done?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Much Planning Have You Ladies Done? : Just keep the faith.  FI and I were in a similar situation.  FI was working freelance for two of the three years we were together after he was laid off.  I was saving what I could, but I don't have a great paying job, its in the field I have my degree in, but its private not public (I'm a teacher).  FI finally got the break and was offered a fulltime position with the compant he freelanced for last April and we were finally able to set a date and book our venue.  It'll work out just stay positive!
    Posted by 50ShadesofMe[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I am hopeful that something will work out soon. I really appreciate the support. :)
  • wow i feel so far behind!!! all i have is the church booked. and i have a couple of venues i still have to look at!! I hope i am not too far behind! my wedding date is 4/4/14!!Embarassed
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_how-much-planning-have-you-ladies-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:605331fe-b01b-48a7-909f-8ec763140234Post:72a44a07-c980-4841-bd52-587495c5e041">Re: How Much Planning Have You Ladies Done?</a>:
    [QUOTE]wow i feel so far behind!!! all i have is the church booked. and i have a couple of venues i still have to look at!! I hope i am not too far behind! my wedding date is 4/4/14!!
    Posted by kristina523[/QUOTE]

<div>You're definitely not too far behind! FI and I have been engaged for over a year so we've had a while to get things booked.</div><div>
    </div><div>The church is a great place to start! When you look at venues you should make sure that you have a preliminary guest list number ready so that you can properly gauge if the venue will fit the number of people you're hosting as well as afford the venue.</div>
  • thanks so much! everyone keeps telling me i have time and then i see how much some people have on have already done and i get nervous! what colors is everyone using for the April weddings?

• I am using Plum purple and slate grey.  I like dark colors and since I am having a night wedding (6pm) I figured it wouldnt be too bad. 
  • i love the dark purple!! i was thinking that or just doing black and white. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_how-much-planning-have-you-ladies-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:605331fe-b01b-48a7-909f-8ec763140234Post:15f79517-69b1-40ed-bf4f-4d6726b57a34">Re: How Much Planning Have You Ladies Done?</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks so much! everyone keeps telling me i have time and then i see how much some people have on have already done and i get nervous! what colors is everyone using for the April weddings?

<div>I am using navy blue, charcoal grey, and various shades of pink as an accent :)</div>
  • Both sound so pretty.
    Black and white weddings are so classic and romantic.
  • We are going with Kelly Green and Tangerine Orange, along with Ivory.
    Anniversary

• We are using purple and teal.
  • My wedding date is April 12, 2014 and I have nothing. I keep changing my mind and trying to find things cheaper that I feel I will never make up my mind. I am looking for a blue color to go with Olive Green.

since it's not my first marriage I am struggling with whether or not I should wear ivory. It's not his first marriage either.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_how-much-planning-have-you-ladies-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:605331fe-b01b-48a7-909f-8ec763140234Post:2e752eb5-f479-4f5f-b0ec-066fd1122f9c">Re: How Much Planning Have You Ladies Done?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding date is April 12, 2014 and I have nothing. I keep changing my mind and trying to find things cheaper that I feel I will never make up my mind. I am looking for a blue color to go with Olive Green. since it's not my first marriage I am struggling with whether or not I should wear ivory. It's not his first marriage either.
    Posted by KimandByron[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I replied on your other thread too, but I'll put it here as well just in case. I think navy blue would go great with olive green. As for what colour you should wear, it doesn't matter how many times you've been married, if you want to wear white or ivory or diamond white you should! There's nothing saying you can't. You should wear the colour that makes you feel beautifull

</div>
  • I agree.  Remember white was originally for virgins.  How many non-virgins have worn white?  Tons.  The standard rules no longer apply.  Wear the color that makes you feel the most fabulous.
     You guys are so creative with your colors.  I don't think I could be so bold but they sound beautiful. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_how-much-planning-have-you-ladies-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:605331fe-b01b-48a7-909f-8ec763140234Post:15f79517-69b1-40ed-bf4f-4d6726b57a34">Re: How Much Planning Have You Ladies Done?</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks so much! everyone keeps telling me i have time and then i see how much some people have on have already done and i get nervous! what colors is everyone using for the April weddings?

We're planning for April 26, 2014 and going with a citrus yellow with some light pink accents. Well, that's the hope anyway. Since we don't have anything booked it is hard to say for sure what we're doing. The yellow and pink is my vision.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_how-much-planning-have-you-ladies-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:605331fe-b01b-48a7-909f-8ec763140234Post:6bdd1630-7cdf-40ee-8b90-d13e6b6c049f">Re: How Much Planning Have You Ladies Done?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Much Planning Have You Ladies Done? : We're planning for April 26, 2014 and going with a citrus yellow with some light pink accents. Well, that's the hope anyway. Since we don't have anything booked it is hard to say for sure what we're doing. The yellow and pink is my vision.
    Posted by nsweare[/QUOTE]
    Sounds like a great color combo for an april wedding. 

Our Save-the-dates came in the mail yesterday!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_how-much-planning-have-you-ladies-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:605331fe-b01b-48a7-909f-8ec763140234Post:c1e05ce2-7c80-4c3f-ba8a-0707b3929596">Re: How Much Planning Have You Ladies Done?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Much Planning Have You Ladies Done? : Sounds like a great color combo for an april wedding.  <strong>Our Save-the-dates came in the mail yesterday!</strong>
    Posted by MaryGraceRich[/QUOTE]

<div>Mine came last week! I was so excited, haha</div>
  • FI and I bought a groupon for Vistaprint for our STDs.  We are wainting until after this years wrestlemania in NJ/NY to order them since we are having a wrestling themed wedding :-) and hoping that we can get awesome pictures at all the events to use on our STDs.

And yes, I know it sounds crazy but its us LOL.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_how-much-planning-have-you-ladies-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:605331fe-b01b-48a7-909f-8ec763140234Post:d5e3cffb-79e0-40e0-ac8a-32ab7a7dfd69">Re: How Much Planning Have You Ladies Done?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I bought a groupon for Vistaprint for our STDs.  We are wainting until after this years wrestlemania in NJ/NY to order them since we are having a wrestling themed wedding :-) and hoping that we can get awesome pictures at all the events to use on our STDs. And yes, I know it sounds crazy but its us LOL.
    Posted by 50ShadesofMe[/QUOTE]

That sounds like such a fun wedding!
    I'm glad my FI and I aren't the only ones with a crazy different theme :]
    (We're doing Batman haha)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2014-weddings_how-much-planning-have-you-ladies-done?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:61a7a4c2-b16b-4dc9-93ee-b04e4cdbdcd6Discussion:605331fe-b01b-48a7-909f-8ec763140234Post:538bf8da-742f-4c7d-a618-6623084128da">Re: How Much Planning Have You Ladies Done?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Much Planning Have You Ladies Done? : That sounds like such a fun wedding! I'm glad my FI and I aren't the only ones with a crazy different theme :] (We're doing Batman haha)
    Posted by TeeJay830[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>LOL.  That's awesome!  I'm seen so many superhero related wedding things on pinterest. You should check it out if you need ideas!

</div>
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards