Canada-Ontario

Wedding Shoot

I was at the Distillery last weekend and saw a bride and groom with their photographer. I had never realized it before, but there some wonderful and unique spots to take photos. I don't know what their policy is but if anyone is looking to get their wedding pictures taken downtown, this is an area worth checking out.

Re: Wedding Shoot

• my friend had her wedding photos done there 4 years ago. im not sure how much it was but it wasn't cheap and the rules are quite specific. the photos looked great though, we all looked amazing
  • KewiiKewii member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I looked into it for my engagement shoot.  It was over $200 for a permit.  Not something I wanted to spend on my engagement.  I would consider it for my wedding--if I were getting married in that area.
  • It is a beautiful area, the permit costs $700 to shoot there.  Definitely not in my budget either, but if I could - I definitely would.
  • I'm pretty sure it's not $700...I think it's closer to $250-ish.  I'm getting married there in a couple of weeks, and the fee for the permit is waived if you have your wedding in the distillery anywhere.  The fee goes to the distillery, not the city.
  • I wanted to have my engagement photos or my wedding photos there and when my photographer called there, she was quoted $700, taxes in. So we declined.  But even at $250, that's still pretty steep.  There are plenty of places within Toronto to get photos done without a permit.  We ended up having ours done around King Street and St. Lawrence Market and had a similar look.  So we were pretty happy. 
  • A lot of photographers can get away with doing an engagement shoot there at no cost!  

if they dont get stopped...
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    It's $230.  If you are getting married in the Distillery, it is included.  My brother-in-law is getting married there next summer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards