April 2013 Weddings

Throat Punch Friday? A day late, but there are throats to punch.

Any throat punching this week ladies?

I am throat punching the 20oz hot coffee that just spilled all over my desk, floor, chair, jeans, in my desk drawer, my work papers and my jacket.

Throat punch the "all natural lemongrass" Seventh Generation wipes I had to clean it all up with - the combo of coffee and those smells like soy sauce.  I smell like a bowl of edamame right now.  Awesome - we have a lunch meeting today, I love having coffee stains on my pants and smelling like soy sauce.  YUCK

FI gets punched for not listening to me when I told him to check and see when his registration is due on his car - It was due in December and he just noticed last night.  Hello late fees!  Let's subtract another $400 from the wedding account - it WAS paid - not now.

Throat punch the bridal shower/bachelorette party.  Nobody can decide and it is supposed to be in 3 weeks now.  I have been called to go meet with everyone tomorrow about it (I shouldn't even be involved!!)  So I have to drive 40 minutes to get there and be in the middle of everyone's ideas and arguements.  This also means that *if* they come to an agreement, the earliest invites will go out will be Monday Feb 18th, people will get them Wednesday the 20th for a shower that is March 9th. That's 2 1/2 weeks - i expect about 5 out of the 15 that I put on the invite list to be able to make it on such short notice.

And a coworker gets throat punched for being annoying.  I have never before thought an old lady was so irritating, but she is.  60 years old or not, she gets at least a jab to the throat!  She knows why - and her snarky little smile when she pisses me off does not go unnoticed!

There are more throats to punch, but those are the big ones for today.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: Throat Punch Friday? A day late, but there are throats to punch.

• I was just going to post something about my patience wearing thin lately. I find myself being a little less nice and cranky.

Throat punch to the biyatch at the post office that told me my invitations needed an extra 20 cents. Sorry lady, I measured and weighed and they were well within the size limits. She threw her hands up and told me "alright, we'll try, but you'll get them back".

Throat punch to everyone at Amazon for not being able to cancel my order 30 seconds after I placed it because it has "already shipped". That is physically impossible to pack it all up and hand it over to UPS in 30 seconds. Sorry... cancel the damn order!

Throat punch to my fiance for waiting to get a groupon I wanted. It was supposed to be a late Christmas gift since he didn't get me anything. He "forgot" about the Groupon and then he finally went to buy it they were all sold out. So he gets something similar that's 15 miles away... Thanks honey!

And a big throat punch to my body for breaking out (everywhere) with tiny red bumps, presumably from my aforementioned crankiness.
    Anniversary
  • Uh hell yes. I really only have one to send out right now.

- A big fat whole body punch to one of FI's d-bag friends who decided to come over unannounced last night and barge in on our Valentine's Day. We were just watching a movie, so it's not like we had big plans but still. Who the F comes over to someone's house without telling them (oh wait, all of his friends) on freaking Valentine's Day????
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_throat-punch-friday-a-day-late-but-there-are-throats-to-punch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:bf7d8081-70b1-45ec-96da-a13e3bc19996Post:269f4df9-6615-45af-b4cb-af4b034ebf98">Re: Throat Punch Friday? A day late, but there are throats to punch.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Uh hell yes. I really only have one to send out right now. - A big fat whole body punch to one of FI's d-bag friends who decided to come over unannounced last night and barge in on our Valentine's Day. We were just watching a movie, so it's not like we had big plans but still. Who the F comes over to someone's house without telling them (oh wait, all of his friends) on freaking Valentine's Day????
    Posted by shanding4787[/QUOTE]

Who does it? A lot more people than you think! My FI's friend came over unannounced Wednesday night while I was in the middle of changing. Hello!!! Can you wait until someone answers the door. Why do guys think it's ok to just walk right in to someone's house when they haven't called or texted to let them know they are coming, or at least ask if it's ok to come over. I will never understand this. It's clearly a guy thing.
    Anniversary
  • edited February 2013
    I have a throat punch- to FI. He came home with slightly wilted yellow roses last night, 1 fell off, with the price tag on it, and just handed it over, no card. I got him a nice gift that I had made through Shutterfly, and a card, then he expected me to make dinner, didn't even clean up, and expected sexy time. Really? Stuff is going down in our household.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd like to throat punch the post office.  I went in to get stamps for my invitations (that have still not arrived!) and all I was able to get was lousy flag forever stamps. IAnd the lady was nasty to me when I asked if she had anything pretty at all! It's going to look gross on my purple invitations, but i don't have time to wait around and order other ones. grr.. I'd also like the throat punch the fact that they are closed on Monday and again, my inviations need to go out. Our hotel block closes the first week of March and  I would like for our guests to have more than 1 week's time to book a room! Argh!!!

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Throat punch the washer repair man for charging over $200 for a part that took him literally 5 min to replace... and that he had on the truck... so it couldn't have possibly been that expensive and labor can't be more than $100 an hour!

Throat punch to the guy we'd hired to be our grill master at the reception. He'd convieniently "forgotten" what weekend the wedding was on and signed himself up for a golf tournament that's non-refundable. So now we have to search for someone else. He was told about it 2 months before the invites went out and the invites have been there for over a month and a half! Grrr...

Throat punch to the Jolie-Pitts for deciding to start up a wine label with my favorite wine producer (Famille Perrin) which effectively stopped production on my all time favorite bottle. We were wondering why we hadn't seen any new bottles out and now we know why!

Throat punch  to my friends and family commenting to me about the Carnival Triumph dust up and how "it will happen to you on your cruise too!" ... unlikely , it's really unlikely, like statistically less than being struck by lightning that my particular cruise on the other side of Mexico, on an entirely different carnival ship will have the same problems. Seriously, quit trying to rain on my honeymoon!

And seriously, good friend of over 10 years, you've deicded it's ok to bring your new girlfriend of 2 weeks to my wedding? Without asking? Just added her to your RSVP without thinking about whether we could possibly accomodate another person, let alone a person I'd never even HEARD about until she was on your RSVP and so I had to ask you who she was? Seriously?!?!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

April 2013 March Siggy - Bridesmaid Dress

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_throat-punch-friday-a-day-late-but-there-are-throats-to-punch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:bf7d8081-70b1-45ec-96da-a13e3bc19996Post:096127ef-1730-4fa3-bc33-e5df4828c488">Re: Throat Punch Friday? A day late, but there are throats to punch.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd like to throat punch the post office.  I went in to get stamps for my invitations (that have still not arrived!) and all I was able to get was lousy flag forever stamps. IAnd the lady was nasty to me when I asked if she had anything pretty at all! It's going to look gross on my purple invitations, but i don't have time to wait around and order other ones. grr.. I'd also like the throat punch the fact that they are closed on Monday and again, my inviations need to go out. Our hotel block closes the first week of March and  I would like for our guests to have more than 1 week's time to book a room! Argh!!!
    Posted by redjellybean128[/QUOTE]

<div>It's easier to buy stamps on the USPS website and have them shipped to you. That's what I've been doing--they have everything in stock and a large selection. They usually arrive within 2-3 days.</div><div>
    </div><div>Our post office is having a similar problem. When I went in to get a book of stamps earlier this week, they only had the LIBERTY forever stamps. When I went back two days later to mail something, another man was told they only had leftover Christmas stamps! I think the USPS is having serious problems. From what I understand, they are cutting back and due to start no-Saturday delivery in August. Yikes.</div><div>
    </div><div>FWIW, it won't really matter to your guests what is on the outside of the envelope. Not a single person noticed that I carried the mustache-theme from our save the dates through to the stamps on the envelope.</div>
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_throat-punch-friday-a-day-late-but-there-are-throats-to-punch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:bf7d8081-70b1-45ec-96da-a13e3bc19996Post:6bd64645-f50e-449a-8bd3-38fbd3347dc9">Re: Throat Punch Friday? A day late, but there are throats to punch.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Throat punch  to my friends and family commenting to me about the Carnival Triumph dust up and how "it will happen to you on your cruise too!" ... unlikely , it's really unlikely, like statistically less than being struck by lightning that my particular cruise on the other side of Mexico, on an entirely different carnival ship will have the same problems. Seriously, quit trying to rain on my honeymoon!
    Posted by faile556[/QUOTE]

Lol, I went on a cruise right after the Carnival Splendor had their big fire on the ship and were stranded for awhile too- though nothing as bad as the Triumph. Our cruise was canceled (because it was on the Splendor) and rescheduled on the Splendor as well and everyone was like that too, saying it'll happen again, I'd never go on a cruise! I mean, they happen, but it's so rare. You can't not go on vacations for the fear of what might happen! Tell them to shove it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_throat-punch-friday-a-day-late-but-there-are-throats-to-punch?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:bf7d8081-70b1-45ec-96da-a13e3bc19996Post:d17d1421-15fc-4d1f-a5a9-432c18309cd8">Re: Throat Punch Friday? A day late, but there are throats to punch.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Throat Punch Friday? A day late, but there are throats to punch. : It's easier to buy stamps on the USPS website and have them shipped to you. That's what I've been doing--they have everything in stock and a large selection. They usually arrive within 2-3 days. Our post office is having a similar problem. When I went in to get a book of stamps earlier this week, they only had the LIBERTY forever stamps. When I went back two days later to mail something, another man was told they only had leftover Christmas stamps! I think the USPS is having serious problems. From what I understand, they are cutting back and due to start no-Saturday delivery in August. Yikes. FWIW, it won't really matter to your guests what is on the outside of the envelope. Not a single person noticed that I carried the mustache-theme from our save the dates through to the stamps on the envelope.
    Posted by von1976[/QUOTE]

I know, it the scheme of things it's not a big deal, but it just frustrates me. I met with the designer over the summer to get these going and it's been delay after delay  (to her credit, most of which have been out of her control) for one reason or another with these invites. Ugh, i just want them out and out of my hair already. The post office making me mad was the icing on the cake.

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Oh and I just found out the earliest my invitations will be here is Tuesday.

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Throat punch to FedEx for losing my sister's BM dress.  I have to do a rush order by tonight in or for her to possibly have a dress.  Of course FedEx says it will take over 48 hours for a claim to be made with the insurance to be processed.  So my sister may not have a dress.  This is wonderful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I want to throat punch my hormones for being completely out of whack today and making me want to cry every five seconds. Also for making me feel very ugly and fat and like all of my bridesmaids are going to look better than me on my wedding day. I swear, the two days before my period, I am the most irrational person on earth...

I want to throat punch work for sucking today.

I want to throat punch my hair stylist for deciding to vacate her salon A WEEK before my wedding. I realize this is her business and she has to do what's best for her and she is trying to accomodate me, but my inner bridezilla just wants to scream at her that she's screwing up the morning of my wedding that I was SUPER excited about. I'd booked her, to a large extent, specifically for her salon experience, which I now can't get. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do but...throat punch sounds good right now.

Add a slight throat nudge to FI, god bless him, being FAR too overzealous about wanting to get back at people who upset me. He spent an hour on gchat lecturing me about how said hair stylist should offer me free services now or I should report her to the better business bureau. I realize he's just sad that I'm sad, but all he's done is make me even more stressed and upset about this.
  • ChiGirl2013ChiGirl2013 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    A throat punch to gastroenteritis for taking a nice, firm hold on my 5 year old, thus causing me to forget all about Throat Punch Thursday.  Forgive me for not posting.  Good gravy, I wouldn't wish this on ANYONE!!!!  Fingers crossed that it stops with her and doesn't migrate to FI and I.  Ugh!

Is it a sin to want to throat punch our officiant?  After dragging his feet forever, I finally got him to send us a copy of the ceremony he usually uses.  And.... it sucks.  I basically have to rewrite the whole thing.  It's choppy and just keeps repeating the same thing over and over in different ways.  And he's crazy if he thinks I'm going to take a vow to be SUBSERVIENT to my husband!  Psh!  Who does that these days????  Anyway, with the lil one sick, I haven't had time to get back to him and now he's sending me emails wondering why *I* never got back to HIM.  Well, now you know how it feels, jerk.  I'll get back to you when I'm done cleaning puke and "the other stuff" off my carpets, linens, couch, mattresses, and pillows, plus about 20 stuffed animals.... mmm-kay?

I'd love to throat punch the friggin money tree I planted that just won't grow!

And a punch to dd's school.  We JUST got done selling raffle tickets.  JUST turned in the Girl Scout cookie order form.  In January, they did some other fundraiser and on Wednesday, dd brought home a booklet, selling Fannie May choclates.  Dag nabbit, people.... I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!!!  Plus, I'm broke and people are getting sick and tired of us beggin them to buy crap.  Can I just write one big check at the beginning of the year and skip all these money-sucking things you make us do?  That would be fabulous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • A throat punch to the place my FI got flowers sent to me for valentines day... For being dead already.... I made him call and get his money back. Throat punch to me because now he feels bad :( Throat punch to my work for changing my contract so now I have to work mon-thurs before our wedding.... And the rehearsal is on thursday.
  • Throat punch to FI for giving me his cold and complaining about having to go to my grandpa's 90th birthday when we have to see his family once a month and his mother has been calling me Every. Single. Day. I'm so sick of dealing with them and he's got to complain about one stupid party for my poor grandpa who adores FI. 

Throat punch to FMIL for calling every day and texting multiple times a day for no reason

I'm so annoyed with them I can't think about who else I'm annoyed with
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards