Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

How did he propose...

2»

Re: How did he propose...

• Options
    We have been together for almost 5 years now, so we had several conversations about marriage and had even looked at rings. I have always had this idea for a perfect proposal on the 4th of July with fireworks and it being perfectly documented with pictures... I know it makes me sound bratty but you can blame the movies for that :) Anyway, he was able to sneek out and get a ring (which is FABULOUS by the way!) and we were in our hometown for the 4th and there was all of this hubub and so I thought for sure it was coming, but it didn't. Then, we took another trip to see the fall colors, which he knows I am obsessed with, and I thought okay, this is it now for sure... wrong again!
    Finally, we were taking a trip to Mexico with friends, one of whom was celebrating her pregnancy, one of whom was celebrating a new home and the other was celebrating a birthday, all of them are married too... needless to say I was feeling a little left out of the celebration group! So here's the good part...
    One day after all of the boys had gone fishing and I was very smartly tricked into putting on makeup and getting myself put together, we all were enjoying the sunset over the water and having appetizers. My now fiance suggested that we all go down to the beach to take pictures because it looked so cool.. this I know should have tipped me off but it didn't... All of the couples took turns taking pictures and we just happened to be the last couple to go. We had taken one photo and then we were readjusting for another and before I knew it Eric was on one knee saying just the sweetest things and then get ready... FIREWORKS! yes I lost it... he planned everything so so well which is really tough because I am the kind of person that NEEDS to know what's going on. We toasted with champagne and the entire thing was videoed by our friends and we have a ton of pictures of it which I so love!!

Oh and yes... I think my eyes might stay crossed if Im not careful! :)
  • Options
    I asked him.  He said yes the 4th time I asked.  This took about 3 months to accomplish.   The 1st time he thought I was kidding, the 2nd time he said it was too soon, the 3rd time he said he'd think about it & the 4th time he said yes.  Man, what a pain. =D
  • Options
    after a beautiful gondola ride, with the most romantic word (well from what I remember I kind of blanked out after seeing the ring)
  • Options
    We had already been ring shopping and I knew he was getting the ring made by uncle, but I had no idea when he was going to propose. With my birthday, our three year anniversary, and Valentine's Day all coming up, I thought it might be one of those, but I figured it wouldn't be because it would be too expected.  I wouldn't stop bugging him every day about when I was going to get my ring, and he kept telling me it was going to be awhile and to just be patient. 

It was our three year anniversary and I was completely convinced that the ring had not even been made yet. We were going out to dinner that night, and I was in my room getting dressed. My alarm on my cell phone started going off, and I was really confused because I didn't remember setting it. It said "Close your eyes..." and that's it.  He came into my room and I asked him what he thought it was, and then all the sudden it occurred to me, but I thought there had been some kind of mistake because I was so SURE he didn't have the ring yet!  So he goes "Well, close your eyes," and I did, and he got down on one knee right there in my bedroom and held out the ring and asked me to marry him. I was SO shocked and of course started crying and said yes.  He knew he wasn't going to be able to plan anything elaborate or else I would have suspected he was proposing, but he definitely surprised me and it was perfect!
  • Options
    My fiance surprised me with a trip to NYC for our 2 year anniversary. As soon as we got there we went on top of the Rockafeller Center to check out the views. While we were up on the deck he said "Of all the people down there..." I turned around, and he was down on one knee!!! "I just want to spend my life with you!" He went on and asked me to marry him, of course I said YES YES YES! And everyone clapped!!! He gave me a rock on top of the rock, LOL! Also, he designed the ring himself and it is gorgeous! To get my ring size, he did all sorts of funny things like try to measure my finger in my sleep, steal my other rings, and finally got my mom to ask me what it was! So cute! I love him!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    FI and I have been together for 14 years.  We always knew we wanted forever, but there have been obstacles over the years when it came to making forever official.

First we didn't feel right getting married if we couldn't afford to live in an apartment together.  Then there was the issue of debt vs savings.  Then I went back to school.  I was beginning to think that it would never happen.

In September we went to Disneyland.  We just got our fast passes to Space Mountain when he asked how much money we had in the bank.  I answered and asked why...  he said "No reason."  I figured he was just making sure we had enough to afford the trip.

An hour and a few more rides later, he asked how I felt about sparkly jewelry on my left hand.  I excitedly responded that I love that kind of jewelry.  He said "Oh, OK."

An hour later he asked how I felt about big parties where I wear a white dress sometime after graduation.  I was giddy by now and said that I really really love those kinds of parties.  When I asked why he said "No Reason."

An hour later (again!) he asked again how much money we have in the bank.  When I reminded him of the answer he said.  "I'd love to call you my wife.  Wanna go ring shopping when we get home?"

Of course my answer was yes!
  • Options
    October 17 this year, we had tickets to see SilverSun Pickups in Providence.  We went to dinner at an Italian restaurant it the Federal Hill area of Providence then drive over the mall to park.  We walked along the river and were just holding hands enjoying the beautiful warm fall night.  He said to me, "I have something for you", and pulled out a Tiffany's box.....That was the end of my thought process as I cried and shook until he slid the ring on my finger.  I was shocked and speechless for about 10 mins more until I stopped crying enough to say Yes!  and hug him.  Greatest night ever.
  • Options
    We went skydiving and when I landed he had this huge banner asking me to marry him. All of my friends and family were there! It was amazing! It's on YouTube, just search under "Tess and Matt skydiving proposal"
    Married June 5, 2010. I am very blessed. :)
  • Options
    Adam proposed on a random day, June 6th. He sent me on a scavenger hunt to all of our special places: where we went on our first date, our favorite restaurants, places we go frequently. Adam was umpiring 4 games that day, or so I thought. My best friend drove me from place to place. At each place, one of our good friends or family members were there to meet me with a single long stemmed rose and a clue that was a well thought out and written poem. Everyone had me completely convinced he wasn't proposing, but doing something special before leaving for the summer. I believed it because it was something he would do(he is that thoughtful). I thought he was going to get me a puppy(we had been talking about getting one). At the end, I was brought to a park by his brother, who took me on a tour to a beautiful weeping willow tree. He told me to walk through. Rose petal led the way. He came out from behind the tree, and started a beautiful speech(which I don't remember much because I was in such shock). He then proceeded to get down on one knee and ask me to marry him! I was so shocked! We then went to a local restaurant where everyone who was involved with the event were waiting to celebrate with us. It was such an incredibe and beautiful day. I am looking forward to marrying my best friend and the most amazing man!!!
  • Options

We were leaving my dad's house and we get in the car. I look over at him, and there is a string hanging out of his hat. i thought it was a snag. So I started pulling and it was stuck. I was laughing being stupid till i pulled it out. Its like i turned off. I statred instantly crying, while he was telling me how much he loved me... My ring was tied on the other end just sparkling!

• Options
    I have almost the exact same story- except on the east coast!  We went hiking for our four year anniversary.  We were getting ready to go to Europe (which is where I *thought* he would propose).

We got to the top of the Camel's Hump in Vermont- it was a beautiful day and there were probably 50 people on the top.  He asked me to get his chapstick from his backpack.  I was taking a nap so I was a brat and refused.  He asked a third time and I realized something was up!  I pulled out the ring :)

Afterwards, neither of us could really remember what was said.  We were both so nervous.  Once everyone realized that we got engaged, they were all clapping.  Shortly after, a bachelorette party came climbing up.  They had a bottle of champagne and were happy to celebrate!  I was so nervous I didn't even remember to put the ring on until we got to the bottom.

Now, like many of you, I stare at it all the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards