Not Engaged Yet
Options

I am getting married!!!! PIP

I haven't been on in a while because I have felt weird being around so much wedding stuff without being engaged.  Now that i am ENGAGED, I feel as if I can come back!!

My man flew out here on friday night to get ready for the proposal, I had no idea that he was in town.  My sister had driven into town to visit me and we were planning on riding the tram up the mountain here, something that both of us have been wanting to do for a while.  She said that she had a coupon to eat at the expensive restaurant on top of the mountain so we decided to have dinner while up there.  The weather was being rainy and there were wind advisories, so I suggested we just drive up the mountain instead of chancing the tram, but she talked me into the tram.  We went up on the tram, which was surprisingly not scary since I am terrified of heights.  As we got off the conductor said "are you Amber?" and handed me a flower.

I seriously thought that Jimmy had called in a flower for me since I told him that I was going up the mountain and he's always doing cute things for me.  I thought they just put my name on it so they would know who to give it to.

My sister and I started walking toward the restaurant when I noticed a highschool kid holding another flower with a note on it and my sister pushed me towards the flower.  I was being led down the path by higschool students placed so far apart, each holding a flower with a note.  The second flower I got, I knew what was up and burst into tears and asked my sister if this was it.  She was crying way to much to answer me and kept pushing me along while taking pictures.  Some of the kids started crying with me as they gave me the flowers so there was a lot of sniffling.

The message the flowers told was "Amber, the last two years, 7 months, 28 days have been the happiest days of my life.  I love you, Amber".  When I had reached the last stretch of flowers, our song ("You and me" by DMB) was playing and I noticed his best friend video taping me.  I was looking around frantically for Jimmy but did not see him.  The last flower which was tied to the railing had a card that Jimmy made for me.  As I was reading it he came up behind me and gave a little speech that I don't remember, got down on one knee and proposed!  I was crying so much that I couldn't read the card or see the ring!

After seeing this picture, my sis and I decided that she would be taking our engagement photos!

We had an audience cheer us on when I said yes!

He planned the perfect proposal for me at 10,000 feet, with an amazing view!!!! He managed to pull it all off without me suspecting anything! I am still in shock that I had no clue it was coming!!!!

He went shopping for a ring by himself.

ETA: We did end up eating at the restaurant where we called everyone and had a champagne toast!

Re: I am getting married!!!! PIP

• Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!  Congrats!  Such a sweet story!  I'm so happy for you!!!  <3
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_am-getting-married-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5a4fa987-8c87-4332-9edc-f6b095fcebd7Post:e530744d-91f8-4b0c-b393-d1882311fd66">Re: I am getting married!!!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!  Congrats!  Such a sweet story!  I'm so happy for you!!!  <3
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

This is totally my reaction too! Your story made me smile :) I'm super happy for you and excited to hear all about your wedding plans now :D

Also, I'm really glad you feel as if you can come back to the boards!

ETA: I forgot to mention that your ring is stunning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG! What an amazing story! I love it!

Congratulations!
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is an awesome proposal, and a beautiful ring.  Congrats!!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_am-getting-married-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5a4fa987-8c87-4332-9edc-f6b095fcebd7Post:91aa6f0a-acb7-4787-b0e3-20b01c85bfff">Re: I am getting married!!!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am getting married!!!! PIP : This is totally my reaction too! Your story made me smile :) I'm super happy for you and excited to hear all about your wedding plans now :D Also, I'm really glad you feel as if you can come back to the boards! ETA: I forgot to mention that your ring is stunning!
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

<div>All of this! YAY! Congratulations! And welcome back! :)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    YAYAYAYA!!! ! Congrats!  Your story is awesome!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Awwww that is such a super sweet proposal!!! Congratulations & beautiful ring!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That is a super sweet story. Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a great story and a beautiful ring!!!!!!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww! What an amazing and sweet story. Congrats!!
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    jorhysjorhys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What an amazing story!! Congratualtions to the two of you!!
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That's a very sweet proposal.  The ring is so pretty!
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that is so sweet.  congrats!!!!
  • Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, seriously one of the best proposal stories I've heard. Very cute!!
    Congrats!!!
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very sweet proposal. Congrats!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What an amazing story! i love the thought your FI put into his proposal...and he did a wonderful job picking out a ring all on his own too! I love that your sister was not only there, but also able to capture photos of it all. What amazing memories you will have of this! So sweet!!!
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Such a sweet story! Congratulations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! That was an awesome proposal and you now have a gorgeous ring!
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a well planned engagement! I am glad you got pictures of everything! Congratulations!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Contratulations!!!!!
    Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group
  • Options
    IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Conratulations!! :) The proposal story is uber sweet and AWWWWWWW worthy. The ring is fabulous! :) I'm very happy for you!
  • Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Your story is super adorable, and it's a very lovely ring.
  • Options
    lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW! What an awesome story! Congrats!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lucky B***H lol, j/k!!! Congrats, that is an amazing proposal story!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The story was really sweet! Congrats!
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a lovely story, and what a beautiful ring! Congrats!
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    Your story legit made me tear up.  He did a great job.

Congrats(!!!!!!) Amsy!
  • Options
    lilphillips14lilphillips14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwwwww that's so sweet! Congratulations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_am-getting-married-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5a4fa987-8c87-4332-9edc-f6b095fcebd7Post:1837e89b-90e6-4469-9ed8-a8201c853dfd">Re: I am getting married!!!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, seriously one of the best proposal stories I've heard. Very cute!! Congrats!!!
    Posted by polkadot111[/QUOTE]

Seriously!!!! I am in awe at how amazing that proposal was! Congratulations!!!!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's such an awesome story, and your ring is beautiful! Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards