African American Weddings

For those who want money and not gifts

So In my search of wishing tree stationary, I came across a site that had cleaver little poems for a wishing well (for money) or a request for monetary gifts.

This poem was super funny and my mom would die if I put this up at my wedding. (side note: we are not asking for money but if someone wants to give it we will take it! LOL)

Because at first we lived in sin
We've got the sheets and a rubbish bin!
A gift from you would be swell
But we'd prefer a donation
to our Wishing Well!
Submitted by Janine

http://www.i-do.com.au/wedding-tips/bridal-registries-bridal-party-gifts/poems-for-money-trees-and-wishing-wells/668/

Too funny because I am picturing my mom's face. I should email this to her as a joke!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: For those who want money and not gifts

• edited December 2011
    WOW!!! My mom would be chasing me around the reception hall with somebodies belt Hollering...Your momma taught you better than tha child...lol
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_those-want-money-not-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:e3aeb406-2d1d-4164-b628-9ecc5a4a6925Post:71f10c1f-e8db-430c-98e0-52902ab54f0d">Re: For those are want money and not gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]WOW!!! <strong>My mom would be chasing me around the reception hall with somebodies belt Hollering...Your momma taught you better than tha child...lol</strong>
    Posted by tcjames[/QUOTE]

This!  I think your mama and my mama went to the same school! LOL  OMG I can't even imagine putting something like this out.  It's funny tho.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, that's just tacky!!
  • FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL!  I love it.  I might actually use it.  HA!  HA!
  • msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I lot of couples are doing this.  My folks would be going crazy if I did this. 
    My coworkers daughter is getting married and instead of a registry she is doing a honeyfund. She is requesting money to help pay for their honeymoon.  the website is www.honeyfund.com

Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011

LOL!! too funny!!

• edited December 2011
    lmbo!! too funny!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards