Wedding Etiquette Forum

Can it be evening?

Re: Can it be evening?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-it-be-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f59aa1cb-6899-4146-b3cd-d67a90e3654ePost:edf783ac-aa00-4d56-90ba-e95a70e39679">Re: Can it be evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are your bedroom and bathroom connected Mari?  I like the idea of using different colors, but I'd paint the whole thing 1 color if it isn't broken up by doors. My bedroom is a light grey-ish purple, and my bathroom is blue. But, mine aren't connected.
    Posted by sarabear23[/QUOTE]

Well, kind of the way the room is set up the sink is in the bedroom and the shower and tub are connected by a door.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-it-be-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f59aa1cb-6899-4146-b3cd-d67a90e3654ePost:7019e208-f915-43de-9cc7-75f3ef7cfbc0">Re: Can it be evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Musu, yep, very different.  My firm really doesn't like for me to work overtime, unless I can bill it.  If I can bill it, they are all about overtime.  It's also one of the many, many reasons I won't let them salary me.  I know what being salaried means - hey, work all the time, and we don't have to pay you any more!  Yay! Eff that noise too.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha yeah. I think for govnt its a little different just because our "clients" aren't the same type of clients so its easier to let the issue/case go for the night and go home, then start fresh, without working overtime. If that makes any sense. </div>
  • W00t Banana!  I know how I felt when FI got his first check after being unemployed for 9 months-such a relief.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-it-be-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f59aa1cb-6899-4146-b3cd-d67a90e3654ePost:1663f881-c012-4f88-a1ff-2e68203e87c6">Re: Can it be evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I liked google imaging the color name, Mari. There a lot of variations on the color but I think it would look really pretty. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Okay I will google it, I just need a light color so it doesn't look like a dungeon.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-it-be-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f59aa1cb-6899-4146-b3cd-d67a90e3654ePost:7019e208-f915-43de-9cc7-75f3ef7cfbc0">Re: Can it be evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Musu, yep, very different.  My firm really doesn't like for me to work overtime, unless I can bill it.  If I can bill it, they are all about overtime.  It's also one of the many, many reasons I won't let them salary me.  I know what being salaried means - hey, work all the time, and we don't have to pay you any more!  Yay! Eff that noise too.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

Being young and naive, when I started salaried at my firm I was all excited. It made it feel even moreso like a "big girl job." Little did I know....

But I don't work too much over time, so I can't really complain that much.
  • Ohh I see. Could you paint the wall with the sink a darker shade of the same color as the rest of the room, and then do the tub/shower area that same color? I think a blue or green would be nice.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-it-be-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f59aa1cb-6899-4146-b3cd-d67a90e3654ePost:e5f6adaf-7d72-4e71-9bb3-cdc12176fa44">Re: Can it be evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ohh I see. Could you paint the wall with the sink a darker shade of the same color as the rest of the room, and then do the tub/shower area that same color? I think a blue or green would be nice.
    Posted by sarabear23[/QUOTE]

Hmm I don't know, there is no window in the bathroom, so I couldn't go too dark.
  • Hey, Angel. Glad you had a nice walk with your FI, even if it was hot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-it-be-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f59aa1cb-6899-4146-b3cd-d67a90e3654ePost:a738b959-c656-481c-a6cd-fa30a3dabe5e">Re: Can it be evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can it be evening? : Hmm I don't know, there is no window in the bathroom, so I couldn't go too dark.
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]

What's your lighting situation like? If it's possible to do some dramatic decorative uplighting, dark could look really good.
  • Salary sucks.  Especially when your quota time is based off a different county.  (We have so many client contact hours we need a week.  They leave us basically 10 hours for driving and paperwork.  Because of how spread out my county is, I drive 10+ hours a week quite easily, whereas other counties maybe drive 2-4 hours a week.  So I "work" more than they do, but get paid the same.)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • My bathroom is a medium blue color, and also has no windows. We lightened it up with a white shower curtain and white cabinet. If I get up soon I'll try and get a picture.
  • Finally not so humid here, big YAY! 

I tried a new torture device at the gym today: Stair mill. OMG. I didn't last long (although in my defense, I lifted for an hour with my trainer right before.) 

I probably will be about dead in the morning. It sucks to get old, girls! I'm warning ya!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-it-be-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f59aa1cb-6899-4146-b3cd-d67a90e3654ePost:87d6f05d-ce53-40ad-a160-166a815003db">Re: Can it be evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can it be evening? : What's your lighting situation like? If it's possible to do some dramatic decorative uplighting, dark could look really good.
    Posted by goobersinlove[/QUOTE]

In the bedroom it's good, in the bathroom just a single old light on the ceiling.

Sara, oh okay cool. I'm just nervous we painted our living blue and it ended up being way darker than we thought it would be so i'm now gun shy, haha.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-it-be-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f59aa1cb-6899-4146-b3cd-d67a90e3654ePost:e36e8411-e47f-4570-9628-7e8c50863df3">Re: Can it be evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can it be evening? : In the bedroom it's good, in the bathroom just a single old light on the ceiling. Sara, oh okay cool. <strong>I'm just nervous we painted our living blue and it ended up being way darker than we thought it would be so i'm now gun shy</strong>, haha.
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]

Remember - it's just paint! If you don't like it you can always cover it pretty easily... unless, you know, you paint it BLACK or something.
  • Paint usually ends up a little darker on the walls than you think it will be.  I highly recommend buying a sample (they're less than $5 for most brands) and testing some actual paint in the actual room you're painting.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-it-be-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f59aa1cb-6899-4146-b3cd-d67a90e3654ePost:bf81dcdf-6911-46fc-92dd-98d7909b131a">Re: Can it be evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can it be evening? : Remember - it's just paint! If you don't like it you can always cover it pretty easily... unless, you know, you paint it BLACK or something.
    Posted by goobersinlove[/QUOTE]

Haha I know, it's just taking time to repaint and pick a new color and all that.
  • Willy, I hate the stair climber. I stick to the elliptical for cardio, or I run on the indoor track. I like weight lifting a lot more. I might go later, if I can get up the motivation.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with J about the samples. I painted a ton of swatches in my bedroom and bathroom before I decided on the final colors.
  • All great suggestions we will get samples of these as well, so we can pick which one.
  • I like the eliptical too Angel. I used to hate the treadmil, but I actually like it these days. Hopefully I'll be getting a new gym membership soon.
  • In Response to Re:Can it be evening?:[QUOTE]Also should I paint the bed and bath the same color, so it flows better? Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]

I would do the same color but a shade or two lighter. I think Behr does color combination suggestion card thingies Home Depot that are really helpful
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to Re:Can it be evening?:[QUOTE]Paint usually ends up a little darker on the walls than you think it will be.nbsp; I highly recommend buying a sample they're less than 5 for most brands and testing some actual paint in the actual room you're painting. Posted by JK10910[/QUOTE]

I second this. I almost painted my room a ridiculously dark pink, but then I got samples and avoided it. The color I chose still ended up being too dark once it was on all the walls, so I had to repaint it anyway, but I never would have chosen my current color without samples.
  • I think we will go to Home Depot tomorrow and get the samples and see what would be the best fit.
  • In Response to Re:Can it be evening?:[QUOTE]Willy, I hate the stair climber. I stick to the elliptical for cardio, or I run on the indoor track. I like weight lifting a lot more. I might go later, if I can get up the motivation. Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE] I hate the eliptic as l. I just can't focus and I feel like I am doing it wrong.
  • My professor is amazing at talking ad nauseum about one little thing. I am just so antsy about getting this class over with. 
  • In Response to Re:Can it be evening?:[QUOTE]I think we will go to Home Depot tomorrow and get the samples and see what would be the best fit. Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]
    Do you have any color ideas or favorite colors?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-it-be-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f59aa1cb-6899-4146-b3cd-d67a90e3654ePost:138da0bb-be99-402d-aed6-1d07221ab81e">Re: Can it be evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My professor is amazing at talking ad nauseum about one little thing. I am just so antsy about getting this class over with. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Sounds like my H. He likes to give hour long explanations for things that could be summed up in a brief sentence. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-it-be-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f59aa1cb-6899-4146-b3cd-d67a90e3654ePost:6d5e7c19-d0b6-4ecb-84c9-39b1fe78fc96">Re:Can it be evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Can it be evening?: Do you have any color ideas or favorite colors?
    Posted by HandBanana[/QUOTE]

Ummm I like blues, greens, and purples.
  • In Response to Re:Can it be evening?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can it be evening?:My professor is amazing at talking ad nauseum about one little thing. I am just so antsy about getting this class over with.nbsp;Posted by musicalsunlightSounds like my H. He likes to give hour long explanations for things that could be summed up in a brief sentence.nbsp; Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Hahaha this is my FI. I've gotten pretty good at tuning out. It hurts his feelings if he notices though, so I have to be slick.
  • I second the idea of getting one color..... with the bedroom a few shades darker than the bathroom area.  so pick a color strip and pick two hues on the same strip that are a few away from each other!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards