Moms and Maids
Options

Which bridesmaid dress is better?

Hi Girls,
I’ve been looking at BM dresses, i love these 2 dresses, and BM cant decide which one either!!
Would love your opinions...
Ps.. i will have light ivory dresses and mother will have a hot pink.
Ohhh, and it’s a summer wedding!!!

Re: Which bridesmaid dress is better?

• Options
    CD2011CD2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted for the second one, but if you are able to have your BMs try them both on to see which they/you like best on that would help :) Or read reviews on both dresses too
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the first BM dress has more of a summer feel. I'm not sure if you are having a very formal wedding, if it will be outside, etc. The second dress seems to be more formal and the navy blue seems to be more for a fall or winter wedding. But, I'm  sure any dress you choose for your BMs will be fabulous! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree the 2nd one seems more formal.  I do like it better, though. Of course, it might be less formal looking in a different color.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you BMs help you decide?  After all, they're the ones who have to buy it wear it all day long.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't ask us...ask them!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    kgorman307kgorman307 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do your BMs prefer short or long? You should ask them.

Personally, I hate wearing long dresses to weddings and like the second one, but I don't have to buy it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaid-dress-better?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:82a77293-e7e0-41df-a168-54f079d7174bPost:d102f1c7-7da0-44cb-9dc7-ea121affe6e5">Re: Which bridesmaid dress is better?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do your BMs prefer short or long? You should ask them. Personally, I hate wearing long dresses to weddings and like the second one, but I don't have to buy it!
    Posted by kgorman307[/QUOTE]

I second this.  Although, I prefer long dresses :)  See, matter of personal preference.  Also, is your dress long or short?  Personally, I like BM dresses to match the length andformality of the bride's dress (to an extent). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kelnash89kelnash89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love them both but for the sake of your BMs, I think the second is a better choice because you are more likely to wear a short dress again.

But other things to consider:
    1) formality of occasion
    2) do BMs like to dance? 
    3) which goes better with the setting for your pictures?
  • Options
    Soon2BMrsClaySoon2BMrsClay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the second dress but the first dress will be really flattering on various body types.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bett2012Bett2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sorry, I thought I replied to a specific post :S

Ask your maids - but I like knee length over floor length always - the short one is just more fun :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love the second one, from Dessy
    She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards