Hawaii

Honolulu Courthouse - any feedback?

My fiance and I along with my sister and brother-in-law are vacationing on Oahu at the end of August and we just decided to elope while we're there!  Wow, that's the first time I've actually shared this information...not even my sister knows!  What a load off!!  Anyhow, our initial thought was to run off to the courthouse followed by a nice dinner somewhere but after reading various blogs and admiring various websites, I feel like we may be selling ourselves short by doing so.  I watched a video of a Honolulu courthouse ceremony on You Tube and it was so impersonal and rushed that it really made me second guess our plan.  Was anyone married or a witness of a marriage at the courthouse?  If it's truly as bad as I'm starting to think it is, does anyone have any other suggestions for a simple, inexpensive ceremony on Oahu?  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Re: Honolulu Courthouse - any feedback?

• jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Hi, I just eloped on Oahu 2 months ago. I feel that if your going to get married in Hawaii, why not do it on the beach!! You can choose many different packages and make it as inexpensive as you choose. We went through www.myhawaiiweddings.com RoseMary was our officiant and our wedding coordinator. Her simplest package is $185. I'm sure you can find something that fits your budget if you don't think the courthouse is the way you want to go. You can also pick any location you want. We got married at Waialae Beach Park, it was so perfect for us and so beautiful. Any further help let me know. Good luck!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited July 2012
    I agree with Jenn!  You can find really simple, affordable packages which will give you a bit more of the Hawaiian wedding feel -- water in front, a bouquet, a personal ceremony with an officiant, etc.  I don't have any direct recommendations, but Jenn and others who have chosen this path have not regretted it one bit.

This board will definitely help you plan the right wedding of your dreams.   Congratulations on deciding to be married in Hawaii.  All of us on here are so happy with that decision, and we're looking forward to hearing more as your plans unfold!
  • I agree with the previous posts. You will be in Hawaii and this is your wedding, you want to make the best of it while still keeping the cost reasonable. We also got married at Wai'Alae beach park and had our dinner reception at Hoku's at the Kahala resort (within walking distance) check out my bio and blog for all the details and let me know if I can help you. All the vendor reviews are also in my bio. Good luck.

:)
  • My FI and I are eloping in Oahu, Hawaii. We got a package that gives us hotel, officiant, limo, photographer, and bouquet on Magic Island.  As stated in the previous posts, you can get any nice package based upon your budget. You do not have to settle for the Courthouse. 
    Anniversary
  • Thank you everyone for your feedback.  I'm definitely reconsidering the courthouse idea.

Caroletta - do you mind sharing who you purchased your package through?  Mahalo! 
  • I got mine from Bridal Dream Wedding Company in Honolulu. Here is their link: www.bridaldreamhawaii.com/
    Anniversary
  • I agree with everyone find a great package that works for you and your fi, that way you have a pleasant, non rushed experience.
    He stole my heart... So I'm stealing his last name.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards