Wedding Reception Forum

I might be overthinking this...

I decided to use ivory tablecloths at the reception.  I will have 20 round tables with those ivory tableclothes and a turquoise damask (on ivory) table runner.  Anyway, the venue provides white folding chairs.  Is the white and ivory going to look okay, or should I change my tablecloth rental to white?

Re: I might be overthinking this...

• Personally I don't think anybody is going to be comparing whether the chairs look good with the slightly off colour table cloths. Don't worry about it. Enjoy and own your big day!!!!
  • When it comes to linens and chairs, the difference in color is so subtle, it's not always noticed. I wouldn't worry about it. If anything, the white chairs will help the table runners pop off the ivory.
  • I used a mixture of white and ivory at my wedding.  It will be fine.
  • Thank you !

I think as I get closer to the wedding date, I am just getting overwhelmed with things that don't need to be really worried about. 
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    You are overthinking it, but unless you have some big reason for going with ivory, I'd probably do white instead.
    Lizzie
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_i-might-be-overthinking-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:2a00eb33-fe8e-4bb1-909a-714fdac8f9efPost:db37860c-75db-4173-8a93-cd1c385b7f83">Re: I might be overthinking this...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally I don't think anybody is going to be comparing whether the chairs look good with the slightly off colour table cloths. Don't worry about it. Enjoy and own your big day!!!!
    Posted by corrine88[/QUOTE]

I agree. I can't really tell the difference.

• I was stressing out about the color of napkins the other day, and the event planner said, "The wedding will be beautiful. No one will even remember the color of the napkins." :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards