Christian Weddings

FAM questions

I'm currently on BCP while all this post-exposure stuff is getting sorted out, but I want to use FAM when we TTC and possibly before. Is there any point to my charting while on BCP? I realize that the BCP will likely make my temps all wonky and the chart innacurate. But would it be good practice just to get used to taking my temp and watching CF, or totally pointless?

Re: FAM questions

• fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2012
    BCP should alter your CF, as well, so there's really no point in observing it until you're off BC.  To get in the habit, absolutely, but you're not going to observe the same changes as you would off the pill.  And then remember to use a barrier form of protection all the time for at least the first 3 months off HBC if you're not going to TTC right away.

ETA: I'd also highly recommend www.christianfamilyplanning.net  AWESOME group of ladies over there.  :)
  • Ditto, Emily. Also, the entire point of temping is to observe and confirm ovulation. You don't ovulate on most HBC. So, it'll help you get in the habit, but until you stop taking the pill, you won't see anything useful.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • I was going to say the same thing as E and S.

Also, going off BCP made it abundantly clear to me that my BCP had been doing everything it was supposed to do.  My CF is back (gross and fascinating all at the same time), my cramps are back, my period is a real period again.  It's pretty crazy since I'd been on it for 10 years!

But, because it takes a long time for something to become routine for me, especially something in the morning, I think it would be worthwhile to at least start taking your temp now, just to build that habit into your morning routine.
  • And just because I'm curious, I'd love to see a chart where the person is on HBC. ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_fam-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:d7f56f66-e039-4e86-835d-f16da222c738Post:3d731a9e-cff9-4b3a-903e-4dab56225fa2">Re: FAM questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]And just because I'm curious, I'd love to see a chart where the person is on HBC. ;)
    Posted by mrandmrsbrist[/QUOTE]

<div>Well then I'll have to share when I finish this cycle. So far I only have 2 points and it's temps only for now, so it's not very exciting yet. ;)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards