Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

SA Wednesday

Re: SA Wednesday

• edited December 2011
    Happy Birthday Marissa! I finally got to look at your bridals and they're soooo cute! Love the props, wish I balloons in mine!

I didn't sleep a wink last night because I took a decongestant. Usually those knock me out, the Mucinex one kept me up all night and it's still going. Glad I can breathe, but it's going to be a rough day at work once it wears off. I freakin' hate allergies.
  • kris928kris928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Birthday Marissa!

I stamped and sealed my invatation envelopes yesterday, I had 5 left and I realized that I forgot to put the directions in there and the invations do not have the address of the venue on them. D'oh!!
  • edited December 2011
    Happy Birthday, Marissa!!!
  • edited December 2011
    My coworker usually makes this awesome guacamole but for some reason it just tastes off today and I'm so disappointed. :(  While it's a good thing I didn't eat the huge mound of guac I had put on my plate, it sucked to just be like, "This tastes not so good" and trash it.  One of my big diet issues is feeling bad if I throw away food (I was raised to clean my plate) so while I was sad the guac was bad it still made me feel good not to just go ahead and eat it because of my issues...thus also still staying in line with my WW diet.  So really I guess I owe my co worker a thank you for doing something different with his guacamole that made me not want to eat it (I won't though...that would be rude).  But now I really want some good guacamole. 
  • edited December 2011
    Happy Birthday Marissa!

I have an issue with throwing away food too.

I would like nothing more than to just walk out of my job and never come back. 
  • seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy birthday Marissa!

I'm in the world's most boring training class all day, every day, the entire week.  I am stressed to the max because the buyer is closing on my house on Friday and their final walk thru is tomorrow so I have to be on the ball tonight to finish getting everything else and clean up.  It'd be great if I could take some time off, but alas...  I cannot.
  • edited December 2011
    Mariah, I have issues with wasting food too. I will eat things that are horrible for my diet because I feel awful about tossing it in the trash.
    Oh and on Monday I had birthday club coupons for free ghengis grill, a free la madeleine pastry, and a free sccop at B&R and I used them all in one night even though I'm not happy with my weight. I just couldn't bear not taking advantage of free food! I thoroughly enjoyed it all though and I picked out the biggest pastry available in the La Madeleine dessert display.
  • edited December 2011
    We have our final DJ meeting tonight  and we start dance lessons tommorrow.

Also, random people keep asking me if I'm stressing or freaking out busy.  Why does everyone think that?   I'm pretty much done with everything.  All I have left to do is finish assembling programs, apply the monogram on my aisle runner, and figure out a seating chart when the RSVP's are final. 

What's the big deal?
  • edited December 2011
    Tiff - getting married is kind of a big deal. They're probably referencing your nerves in general; not details.
  • edited December 2011
    Emi -  Good Point.   I'm not nervous either though.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm starting my first boot camp session on Monday with B.A.S.I.C. Training Health and Fitness and I'm so nervous... I am absolutely not the athletic type but I need to get in shape before the wedding! Yikes!
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "getting married is kind of a big deal." - Emi.

I'm putting that in my siggy.
  • edited December 2011
    Tiff - I wasn't either. I got nervous the minute I got to the church to put my dress on. It was weird. Although, the nerves went away the minute I hit the aisle and saw everyone.

Anyone watch Biggest Loser last night? I don't want to spoil anything.
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

TAKS....that's all I need to say and I don't have to give it until tomorrow!

• edited December 2011
    Emi- Yes I watched it!  It made me cry several times!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Happy Birthday Marissa!

Emi - I watched it! And I cried, during the show and at the end because I was happy to see the voted off player doing well at home.
  • edited December 2011

Thanks Stephie! It is a big deal!!! :)

The Biggest Loser had me cracking up last night since they were here in Dallas, spotlighting the 5 fattest cities in the US, all in Texas...awesome! It was nice to see them trying to give back to us Texans, though.

Okay, amd I the only one that is SO annoyed by the yellow team? O'Neal doesn't bug me as much as Sunshine does, but for some reason, those two just get to me. Maybe I like the idea of the other three not having partners this far along, but I was super annoyed when Sunshine burst into tears last night. Maybe I just have no soul.

• edited December 2011

Nooooo!  I DVR'd BL but haven't gotten a chance  to watch it (I'm no good with spoilers....so I read Tara's blog on People.com).  I wish the person who was sent home wasn't sent home.  One of my favorites.  But from the sounds of it, they must be doing well so that's good.

• edited December 2011

Emi, I'm sure lots of people are annoyed by their relationship...but honestly, I loved how close they were and how encouraging and good natured they both are.  But I'm glad that Sunshine can have some time to be her own person.  I think this is what she's needed and I'm interested to see how far she goes on her own. 

• edited December 2011
    No, Sunshine annoys me as well!  I liked O'Neal though.  I was also really annoyed when she started crying...then I felt like I was being mean for being annoyed.  But she just really bothers me! 

I did think it was awesome that they were in Dallas though!  That lady who was walking the 5K and had the bad knees.....that made me cry!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I like them both, but the relationship does weird me out a bit at times.  DH and I were joking how odd it was that we were alright with Jaime Oliver highlighting Huntington, WV as one of the unhealthiest places in America, but we were getting defensive that BL decided to highlight Dallas.  Then again, maybe we have issues if I'm watching them run around the Cotton Bowl and I'm wondering "Where's the beloved fried butter stand?!"
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy birthday Marissa!

I really need to get back in the routine of working out.  Only 1 month left. 
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just found out that a colleague's 6th grade son has leukemia.  The family is absolutely terrified and said all the information is overwhelming. 
  • Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the birthday wishes! I'm off to take a nap and then sit by the pool with a book (albeit a book for school--Feminine Mystique anyone?)
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Julie, that's really unfortunate.  I can't imagine what they're going through.

I'm a little frustrated with my vendors right now (well really the caterer) because I asked for some adjustments to the original proposal based on final headcount and just other little details that have come up (extra rental items), I feel like now that we're already contracted with them, the new items on the proposal are really quite expensive compared to what was on the proposal before (the original proposal provided was before we signed the contract).  I don't have the energy to keep negotiating at 1 month before the wedding!  Ugh.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I just signed up for a 3 hour breastfeeding class.

Jealous?
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got an email last night saying "11 Months to go!"  and it kinda freaked me out... there's so much to plan!! Haha... I know it's still a long way away, but eek!  I keep having to tell myself to not stress... I work full time, go to school full time, and I'm a mommy to a three year old little girl.  Lord... give me the strength!
  • edited December 2011
    Why do people post song lyrics on facebook?---hourly?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a3dd79ad-6438-47a9-ae4b-c1522a48f4daPost:91998357-0a67-4710-82a7-a7a92996b864">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just signed up for a 3 hour breastfeeding class. Jealous?
    Posted by emimayor[/QUOTE]

lol - oh, insanely jealous!!
  • edited December 2011
    I just - just - convinced myself that airbrush makeup is the way to go....my bridals are next Thursday and my wedding is in less than two months....way to go self - you're probably screwed!
    Oh, and that little rain cloud that decided to pop into the forecast for Tuesday....you better just stay your sad butt away from my Thursday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards