Michigan-Lansing
Options

Reception places, ladies?

So FI and myself are having I guess the simplest way to explain it is a redneck wedding. I'm basing the ceremony site on where our reception is. I'd like them to be no more than 30 minutes from each other. FI and I live together in St. Johns, but have family from Flint, Lansing, Clare, &Mt Pleasant. So areas around there would be awesome. We haven't figured out a budget yet because we were hoping for a backyard reception where people would be capable of staying the night, however plans are falling through. With this being said I would like to have a backup in case no one allows us to use their yard. (Not whining! Completely understand their opinions). I was thinking of a barn would be perfect. We were planning on doing a pig roast and having immediate family bringing a dish to pass and providing limited amount of alcohol. The wedding will be roughly 200 people. (FI has HUGE family) We have the DJ picked out whom happens to be a friend of mine. Possible photographer. The only issue is the reception site. I'm not too particular on where it will be. As long as it's say no more than 2000? And that's honestly pushing it. (My reasoning for wanting a back yard reception, heck of a lot cheaper!)  If any of you lovely ladies have an idea on a reasonable venue, I would be much obliged! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception places, ladies?

• Options
    You may want to look at Woldumar Nature Center in Lansing.  Also, Peacock Road Tree Farm in Laingsburg may be an option.  Fountain Hall in St. Johns is another possibility.

Don't forget when pricing out locations, that you will need to have tables, chairs, serving tables, and buffet servers to keep your food at the correct temperatures.  Some places may supply these, while others won't, so you'll need to rent them.
  • Options
    I was going to second the Woldumar Nature Center.  i think it would be right up your alley.  They are pretty reasonably priced and have a very casual, rustic vibe.  I'm sure they can accomodate a large group, especially if you use the outdoor areas.
  • Options
    Thank you very much ladies will be checking into them. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards