Pre-wedding Parties

Poll for the magazine

For your Rehearsal Dinner
Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: Poll for the magazine

• SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually that's exactly what we did for our RD. Our wedding party was so big that it would have been ridiculously expensive to pay for everyone to go out to eat at a nice restaurant. So my mom and my aunt put their heads together and came up with a Caribbean themed menu that included different kinds of ribs, shrimp, chicken, salads, fruit, and desserts. They made a rum punch and put out bottles of wine and bottled beer, bottled water, and sodas and had a tent place tent the backyard. It was perfect because it was so much more relaxed and they were able to invite the OOT guests to come as well. Everyone loved the food and we got to relax the night before the wedding with our closest friends and family.
  • edited December 2011
    Would I or did I?  I voted yes in the poll because I think casual RD's a perfectly fine and can be a lot of fun.  We actually had a fairly formal RD at an Italian restuarant because that's what MIL wanted. 
  • edited December 2011
    We're actually considering going to a place that is really similar to Dave & Busters for ours.  I figure why not cut loose and have fun the night before the wedding?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    We did pizza and beer.  Low key, chill out, kick back, inexpensive, relaxed fun.

Actually, come to think of it - I don't think I've ever been to a fancy rehearsal dinner?
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI works at a fancy restaurant and so we're having it there. Otherwise, we probably still would've done a nicer restaurant for the rehearsal dinner, just because he's a chef and is super into nice food and wine and so is his entire family.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    If the wedding reception resembled a fancy night out at a restaurant, I'd much rather prefer a more laid-back rehearsal dinner. Otherwise, I'd feel like the two parties just blend into one another.
  • Knot AnnieKnot Annie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of you answers. I must say that I agree with all of you!

KA
    Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards