Indiana-Indianapolis

Cool wedding venue downtown Indy

Any suggestions?  Was originally thinking Ratheskellar but want other suggestions.  For about 225 in early December 2012.  Looking for ceremony and reception in 1 place.

Re: Cool wedding venue downtown Indy

• There are tons of venues downtown! Are you having a themed wedding? I've been searching for a while and I've been in touch with Mary at the Rathskeller. She's great, and they have some options but parking may be a serious challenge. Give us some more details (if you feel comfortable, of course) so that we can give you more pointed suggestions.  
  • The State House is gorgeous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My sister & I had looked at Sahm's downtown (which is in the OneAmerica building). They have a great outdoor space in the middle of the building that was appealing to both of us - probably not as much for you in December! I can't remember their ceremony options, but they are just now using the space for weddings/events & are pretty affordable! Parking is not a problem either.
    Just a thought.
  • Wow thanks everyone...so helpful!  I was really into Rathskellar but heard complaints about their bathrooms (wedding ones are same as bar!)
    225 - 250 people
    No theme, just Christmas-y (red, brown, cream & using pointsettias, holly, baby's breath I think)
  • We just got married at the ArtsGarden downtown.  The place is already decorated for xmas so we didn't have to decorate anything :)  We only did our ceremony there and only had 30 people but we got a lot of compliments.  And they are super easy to work with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Crowne Plaza at Union Station is a really nice venue. Not cheap but historic and they do up receptions there with flair. I have been to a couple of weddings there the past few years and have been impressed.

• Any good sites to find venues which allow outside catering in the indianapolis area? Looking for a ~500 guest venue for fall 2012 with a reasonable budget (atleast I think so: 25-35k). Called a few places but seems like nobody allows outside catering. Any suggestions?

thanks
  • bmrey007: Check out Scottish Rite Cathedral, the Murat, and the Indiana Roof Ballroom. The Murat is the least expensive, Scottish Rite is in the middle, and the Indiana Roof Ballroom is at the higher end. I have ceremony and reception venues staked-out (including the Rathskeller), but unfortunately none of it matters until I make the deposit to save the date... Frown Good luck finding a venue!

• edited January 2012
    I definitely second the Scottish Rite. I've done a lot of part-time work in catering and I LOVE the main ballroom there! Thomas Caterers of Distinction is the exclusive caterer and the food, service, event planners are all awesome :)

I also love Lily Hall at the Historical Center.. but that may not work with that many people! Crown Plaza at Union Station is beautiful too! I'm not a big fan of the Murat.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • What out the Sanctuary on Penn, just opend this year and is all inclusive!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I chose the Indiana State House. It is amazing inside and great price. We are having our reception at Primo Banquet hall.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • all of these were good suggestions...don't forget The Skyline Club (http://www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Skyline-Club-Indianapolis) which offers amazing views of the city (this is our venue) and places like the Zoo and Eiteljorg.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards