Wedding Etiquette Forum

Where's our nighttime chat thread?

Re: Where's our nighttime chat thread?

• Awww thanks MS.  You are a sweetie.  How are the finals going?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Late, but Shirley temples were my drink of choice when I was pregnant :D And still when I'm the DD LOL
  • I'm recording SVU because I'm not at home right now. (at my parents) Don't spoil it!!!

I agree with you mixtape. There is a reason its called Extreme, I think. One time I saw a single woman on the show, who couponed like crazy but didn't really have as much of a ridiculous stockpile. She would buy what she needed and have just a little stocked up. She spent like $250 on a grocery trip (which is a lot for one person, anyway) but only spent like $6 or something...but in the end, she didn't have rooms and rooms full of useless stuff. I wanna learn to do it like that.
  • Bree- I totally agree. The people who donate their food to charities and organizations are AWESOME. But some of the people... I just feel like they're so proud of all their stuff.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-nighttime-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2d0a6afe-c2bb-4d78-83ba-e82add078fcdPost:34bbf7d8-12f0-45b6-b596-b3224144956d">Re: Where's our nighttime chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This may be an unpopular opinion... Kudos to the people on Extreme Couponing who take their bill and only pay like $6 for their groceries after coupons. That's awesome. And I also understand stocking up on supplies.... To a point. But some of the people on that show, I feel like they're just being kind of greedy. Like, the people who own 500 bags of cat treats when they don't have a cat? Or people who have hundreds of bags of diapers and don't plan on having kids? WHY?? I may be the only one who feels that way though.
    Posted by mixtapehearts[/QUOTE]
    those people are hoarders.  there is no reason on earth why anyone needs 1000 tubes of toothpaste.  <div>i just got 6 bottles of nivea body wash basically for free, and I think that's kinda ridiculous.  I gave 2 to my mom.</div>
    Photobucket
  • I just saw that Nivea deal KJB.  H told me we don't need it because we just got like 4 body washes last week.  We don't want to be the hoarders.  

And yeah, I would never be the dumpster diver, or the person who steals the newspapers off the street.  I do mostly cleaning and personal products too, but some food things as well.  But I'm really picky about what i get.  I'm not going to buy cans of lard just because its $.10.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-nighttime-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2d0a6afe-c2bb-4d78-83ba-e82add078fcdPost:bdae3df4-5ef3-42fe-b681-05a15ad1e453">Re: Where's our nighttime chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awww thanks MS.  You are a sweetie.  How are the finals going?
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

They are going ok. My conlaw final actually went WAY better than I was expecting, even though he had us write about the health care bill AND abortion. Two pretty heavy subjects for a timed final. ;)

My international law final went better than I thought too, except for the last questioin. He asked us about how US courts feel about Int'l law trumping the constitution, which we talked about for 2 DAYS at the END of the semester, when no one is listening anymore, or reading the cases. So I totally made everything up, basically saying that the Supreme Court really values the freedoms in the Constitution and therefore only applies Int'l law when it benefits us. Heh. My prof is quite a cynic and so I think it will be kind of ok....I consulted w/ a friend after and she seemed to say the same thing,more or less, thankfully.

I have my contracts final on friday and I'm not too worried about it at this point. I got an A- on my midterm. My CivPro final is next Tuesday and that one will be tough but I think I will do ok.
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-nighttime-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2d0a6afe-c2bb-4d78-83ba-e82add078fcdPost:20477b8b-b8d4-4bd6-9f58-d240ea6d880c">Re: Where's our nighttime chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]MK my roommate my sophomore year was the same way.  She ended up dropping out of school halfway through the year because she couldn't handle going to classes anymore.  
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

OK I wandered away because I got a phone call from a friend, so I'm catching up now.

That is lame DNB. It's pretty bad when napping gets in the way of school.
  • Ohhhhh, guys. SVU is gettin' good. GOOD.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • My mom is into couponing and I know she saves a ton of money but she's not one of the ones that stockpiles.  She just buys what she needs or ocassionally a few more than what she needs if it's something she knows she'll use. 

But I agree the Extreme Couponers are hoarders, there's no reason that they need that many bottles of ketchup around, just because it's a good deal. 
    I liked the guy that donated all of the boxes of cereal to the food bank.  That's what they should be doing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-nighttime-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2d0a6afe-c2bb-4d78-83ba-e82add078fcdPost:9a349c7a-93be-4b85-af2c-b070bafd7be0">Re: Where's our nighttime chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm watching SVU!
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

me too

that kid needs a kick in the azz
  • yeah, i'm good on body wash for now, if they're free i'll pick them up and donate them, or give them to my grandma or something.
    Photobucket
  • edited May 2011
    I kinda have done that couponing thing, I got my Nook color for $125, and when I was pregnant with my first, got something like 200 tubs of Huggies wipes for 22 dollars or something crazy :)

ETA couponing, not coupling, thanks Autocorrect.
  • I have been getting very annoyed with SVU this year because they have seldomly had both Benson and Stabler in episodes.  For a while it was either one or the other.  

And, I heard a rumor that Stabler is done after this season.  I haven't heard proof of that, but I'm not happy about it.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • *plugs ears/eyes about SVU*
  • KJB, where do you find a coupon like that??
  • We're about to watch the video of my dad skydiving for the first time last week. I'm already jealous and I haven't even seen it yet.
  • I LOVE STABLER.

The one with Uncle Jesse? That was horrible.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-nighttime-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2d0a6afe-c2bb-4d78-83ba-e82add078fcdPost:06dde187-05b4-4a44-b5dc-fdc9b9eb24f0">Re: Where's our nighttime chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been getting very annoyed with SVU this year because they have seldomly had both Benson and Stabler in episodes.  For a while it was either one or the other.   And, I heard a rumor that Stabler is done after this season.  I haven't heard proof of that, but I'm not happy about it.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

If that rumor is true, SVU will be dead to me. DEAD. Because Benson/Stabler are the reason the show is worth watching.
  • Yeah, I mean I still like L&O, but SVU is by far my favorite because of the 2 of them.  I'll be very upset.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • They have the best partner chemistry and acting out of any of the L&O spinoffs.
  • I can't watch SVU or L&O because once I start watching a bit of one I am hooked for the night.  I have to be ready for a marathon commitment when I turn them on.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey girls, I am back! I missed you guys!
  • I agree about Benson and Stabler.

I don't think I would have any desire to watch it if one of them left.
  • Yeah Fish the Uncle Jesse one was just gross.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wheres-nighttime-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2d0a6afe-c2bb-4d78-83ba-e82add078fcdPost:1006cd28-7bf1-4b54-997e-c7628daf0bee">Re: Where's our nighttime chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]KJB, where do you find a coupon like that??
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]
    the nivea one?  it was just in the sunday coupon inserts.  it was $3.00 a nivea body wash and they were priced $3.04 at Target.<div>I cheat and use <a href="http://www.commonsensewithmoney.com" rel='nofollow'>www.commonsensewithmoney.com</a> to find the deals.</div>
    Photobucket
  • I'm heading to bed, I have more dull azz training tomorrow! Night!
  • I'm going to bed too. I have to get up bright and early to take the Praxis. I'll update tomorrow with my scores. Wish me luck :/
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Did I miss it?  :(
  • I'm still here... Just watching supernatural. It's my current obsession.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards