Chit Chat

Hmm not sure what it is...

Half of me is bored with this wedding website but half of me keeps thinking that with a little over 2 months away their is no way I'm going to give up wedding related activities. So in an effort to reignite the spark in my heart for these boards please tell me a funny story. It can be about Aunt Martha geting obnoxiously drunk at your wedding, about the kid in class who farted or about your neighbor who gets their newspaper in the nude every morning. I just want to read something entertaining.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hmm not sure what it is...

• My family is full of raging alcoholics and FI family is very conservative, our wedding will be interesting to say the least. FI got extremely drunk on the river a few weekends ago and proceeded to tell me he was 4cm and crowning...wtf? Lol FI family is driving me insane with our registry list. They keep asking why we don't have furniture and what have you to "upgrade" mismatch stuff. I think they forgot that we just built a house and everything we bought to go in it is brand new. I think they think we're broke college students living in a dumpy old run down house. My life is so interesting if you haven't noticed. And I apologize in advanced if my phone doesn't properly space out all these stories.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers THw1PKynnBZ4fVUGLPN1j6BKQ8d6ARbX4jGydYMHvUQ,QezptEgimhvAOeg49lyOshWKDraDzrdno-lHdColcd8
  • hahahaha your FI sounds like a load of fun when drunk.

You reminded me of something my FI said. He is a huge sleep talker and has come out with a couple of doozies...

One night he bolts upright and looks at me all panicked (mind you he's dead asleep) and asks me if I "put away all the 2003 stuff?" I said "yup, don't worry babe I took care of it".... He said "oh okay good thanks babe" and laid back down.

Another night he falls asleep on the couch, I go wake him when it's time for bed and he doesn't actually wake up he just sleep walks to the bedroom, well this time he sleep walked into the kitchen before coming to bed. When he finally does come into the bedroom he has a box of cocoa pebbles tucked under his arm (sealed, unopened), he gets in bed and tucks the cocoa pebbles in between us, literally props them up on the pillow, covers thme with a blanket, gives them a kiss and pats the box. Then he flips over and goes to sleep. I put the cocoa pebbls on his night stand and the next morning he wakes me up freaking out that I was eating in bed and jus left my garbage on his nightstand (huge pet peeve about food in a bedroom) thats when I inform him that HE was in fact cuddling the cocoa pebbles.

And just to continue the trend, my friend told me this the other day. Her and her boyrfriend have an 8 month old son, when he was first borh the boyfriend was sleeping through the night while my friend was waking up with the baby, the one night he woke up as she got back in bed after putting the baby back to in the bassinet and asks her "what's in this room?, me, you, the baby and a snake right?" "She says yeah a snake" and he syas "Ok well make sure the snake sleeps with the baby so he can protect him."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_hmm-not-sure-what-it-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:aeab78a1-7fc4-49a6-80e3-c420557270ccPost:11bc8a54-6108-4878-bea0-03699074c1e9">Hmm not sure what it is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Half of me is bored with this wedding website but half of me keeps thinking that with a little over 2 months away their is no way I'm going to give up wedding related activities. So in an effort to reignite the spark in my heart for these boards please tell me a funny story. It can be about Aunt Martha geting obnoxiously drunk at your wedding, about the kid in class who farted or about your neighbor who gets their newspaper in the nude every morning. I just want to read something entertaining.
    Posted by JNV825[/QUOTE]

<div>I love how you're bored after only 43 posts. </div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • no need to take it personally there audrewuh, relax.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Linger-
    I don't know why but I honestly don't like you. I feel like you are overcompensating for something in internet world. When you read a post it just seems like you spend the time searching for something to pick apart rather than constructing a piece of useful advice. Hell, what do I know though? If I met you in real life you might just be my new best friend but in this realm, I just really don't like you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RamonaFlowersRamonaFlowers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012

Funny story: this one time I was on a wedding forum, and somebody was like "HEY, PEOPLE, YOU'RE SO BORING! AMUSE ME!!!!". And then nobody did. It was hilarious. The End.

Guess you had to be there.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_hmm-not-sure-what-it-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:aeab78a1-7fc4-49a6-80e3-c420557270ccPost:102790b1-ec0e-4e77-b941-df8814e7b05e">Re: Hmm not sure what it is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Funny story: this one time I was on a wedding forum, and somebody was like "HEY, PEOPLE, YOU'RE SO BORING! AMUSE ME!!!!". And then nobody did. It was hilarious. The End. Guess you had to be there.
    Posted by RamonaFlowers[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

This would have been a good idea if it wasn't for the entitled manner of the original post. (You could have let it be, just as, "Hey! Share your funny stories!") The Cocoa Puffs story was great. But I'm with Ramona and Linger on this one.
    June 2013 Signature Challenge
    Favorite Sports Team
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Funny story- many of the newbies around here lately suck (not all but most). They think we are all rude, boring, b!tches, potty mouths and all the other things we've been called this week.  The end. Bye Bye.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited June 2012
    yup I hate all of you, get over yourself. 
    Sorry I don't find it riverting to read 14 posts in a row asking if someone can kick a bridesmaid out or if they should send a thank you note now or later. For christ sake is it inconceivable that someone would get mrore enjoyment reading about your experience dress shopping or about your shower than reading the same freaking questions over and over again. 
    Hell I appluad you all, you all still answer every. single. time. with the same tried and true answers. That takes patience. Excuse me for choosing not to post more and reiterate the same answers that are already given on the same questions that have been repeatedly asked. I didn't realize I had to justify eveeryone everytime they say it's rude and a friendship ending mood and blah blah blah...

Would you like me to say I feel sorry for your husbands too so you can all really bandwagon here?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dude, the point is, you came in all "You people are boring, entertain me" and that was it. No contribution of your own until after the fact. Come on, you really don't see how that makes you part of the problem and not the solution?

You want entertaining conversation, there's nothing stopping you from starting a thread and engaging people. However, calling everybody boring and then sitting back waiting for us to dance for you isn't going to get you anywhere.

• Aw, I'm sad now. Do I suck? Or is considered pandering for compliments to ask if I suck?

BTW, FI and I agreed to help my parents pick up 800 hay bales off their field this weekend and stack it all in the barn before it rained. FI worked on cattle farms before settling into small animal practice, so hauling hay is no big deal to him. On the other hand, I run marathons; I do not "buck hay." I have skinny, weeny arms. After about 90 minutes, I got on my phone and scoured craigslist and hired 3 teenagers to come help. Does that make me lazy? Or intelligent?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_hmm-not-sure-what-it-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:aeab78a1-7fc4-49a6-80e3-c420557270ccPost:fcc5811d-b0ef-4de6-8712-c11295c4cdd3">Re: Hmm not sure what it is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]yup I hate all of you, get over yourself.  Sorry I don't find it riverting to read 14 posts in a row asking if someone can kick a bridesmaid out or if they should send a thank you note now or later. For christ sake is it inconceivable that someone would get mrore enjoyment reading about your experience dress shopping or about your shower than reading the same freaking questions over and over again.  Hell I appluad you all, you all still answer every. single. time. with the same tried and true answers. That takes patience. Excuse me for choosing not to post more and reiterate the same answers that are already given on the same questions that have been repeatedly asked. I didn't realize I had to justify eveeryone everytime they say it's rude and a friendship ending mood and blah blah blah...<strong> Would you like me to say I feel sorry for your husbands too so you can all really bandwagon here?</strong>
    Posted by JNV825[/QUOTE]

Sorry but my husband knew what kind of b!tch I was the day he met me.  Thanks for playing.

• okay lets try this again...

Hey ladies! let's shake things up a bit! Yesterday I got to class early and was sitting in the empty classrom and I couldn't help but overhere the meeting going on across the hall. Apparently some kind of social media expert came in to give a talk to the professors about how they can make themselves more accesible through social networking sites both professionaly and personally whle maintiaing proper boundaries. In the 30 minutes I heard this talk to the "expert" referred to face book or myspace as the "twitbookspace."

Thats my funny for the day. what yours?

Better?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_hmm-not-sure-what-it-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:aeab78a1-7fc4-49a6-80e3-c420557270ccPost:f752f1aa-c3f5-4690-a392-1f30978f6e6f">Re: Hmm not sure what it is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]okay lets try this again... Hey ladies! let's shake things up a bit! Yesterday I got to class early and was sitting in the empty classrom and I couldn't help but overhere the meeting going on across the hall. Apparently some kind of social media expert came in to give a talk to the professors about how they can make themselves more accesible through social networking sites both professionaly and personally whle maintiaing proper boundaries. In the 30 minutes I heard this talk to the "expert" referred to face book or myspace as the "twitbookspace." Thats my funny for the day. what yours? Better?
    Posted by JNV825[/QUOTE]

<div>That story sucks. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Last time I heard that story floating around the internet, the punch line was "MyTwitFace". Way funnier that way.

• Well, I got a good laugh out of this thread. :)

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think it was pretty funny myself, cocoa pebbles and dancing monkeys, what else could a girl ask for?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Wow you are all really great aren't you, not hypocritical at all. you b!tch because I don't sound positive enough and satisfied enough with the boards in my request to start a thread of funny stories, then when I revamp my whole entire thread proposal to not only be upbeat and happy and fully in love with the boards but to also include a story of my own before I dare ask any of you for one, none of you are still satisified. 
    ooo you really got me, I have been performing google searches for hours to come up with just the right funny story, their is no possible way I was actaully at my M, W, Th 3 hour statistics class last night an hour early after making up a test prior to class, and in no way possible did I hear a lecture being given across the whole to professors from start toe nd. Oh you caught me I am so embarassed, how could I be so lame to not even make you guys laugh! Ughhh I fail so horribley at internet coolness. 
    Seriously I will repeat it one more time, get over yourselves. You are all a bunch of youngish women who have either been married for years or have nothing wedding actually going on in your lives but you have apparently found your niche on a wedding related community where you get off by yellling at people to not tier their receptions or laying down the law by informing every bright eyed bride that her wedding is in fact not formal because he isn't have a full open bar and a live band. Yeah thats right I have actually been around and getting to know the boards, I'm not as much as a "noob" as all you losers like to call it and have been all day. You all sound like a bunch of elitist idiots. Sorry I'm not cool enough to be in on your awesome mean girls club. Let me see if I can make it in real life with some real friends. Stop thinking your the best in the world because you can properly address a gay married couple who don't have the same last name, chances are your wedding wasn't perfect an dyou made your own fair share of mistakes. When somebody asks you for advice try actually giving some advice rather than ripping apaprt the grammar or lack of paragraphs instead. Anf dor Christ sake if somebody asks you to share a funny story pull the fvcking septer of the knot out of your royal knot ass and share a damn funy story I'm sure it won't her your street cred on here.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • QUICK SOUND THE MOB MENTALITY SIRENS!

a "noob" is daring to question all you fantastic knotties, quick come gang up and support eachother!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_hmm-not-sure-what-it-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:aeab78a1-7fc4-49a6-80e3-c420557270ccPost:1ad16174-c6e8-47f7-bc05-011a2f6f3dbb">Re: Hmm not sure what it is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow you are all really great aren't you, not hypocritical at all. you b!tch because I don't sound positive enough and satisfied enough with the boards in my request to start a thread of funny stories, then when I revamp my whole entire thread proposal to not only be upbeat and happy and fully in love with the boards but to also include a story of my own before I dare ask any of you for one, none of you are still satisified.  ooo you really got me, I have been performing google searches for hours to come up with just the right funny story, their is no possible way I was actaully at my M, W, Th 3 hour statistics class last night an hour early after making up a test prior to class, and in no way possible did I hear a lecture being given across the whole to professors from start toe nd. Oh you caught me I am so embarassed, how could I be so lame to not even make you guys laugh! Ughhh I fail so horribley at internet coolness.  <strong>Seriously I will repeat it one more time, get over yourselves. You are all a bunch of youngish women who have either been married for years or have nothing wedding actually going on in your lives</strong> but you have apparently found your niche on a wedding related community where you get off by yellling at people to not tier their receptions or laying down the law by informing every bright eyed bride that her wedding is in fact not formal because he isn't have a full open bar and a live band. Yeah thats right I have actually been around and getting to know the boards, I'm not as much as a "noob" as <strong>all you losers</strong> like to call it and have been all day. <strong>You all sound like a bunch of elitist idiots. </strong>Sorry I'm not cool enough to be in on your awesome mean girls club. Let me see if I can make it in real life with some real friends. Stop thinking your the best in the world because you can properly address a gay married couple who don't have the same last name, <strong>chances are your wedding wasn't perfect an dyou made your own fair share of mistakes</strong>. When somebody asks you for advice try actually giving some advice rather than ripping apaprt the grammar or lack of paragraphs instead. Anf dor Christ sake if somebody asks you to share a funny story pull the fvcking septer of the knot out of your royal knot ass and share a damn funy story I'm sure it won't her your street cred on here.
    Posted by JNV825[/QUOTE]

I am 34, so try again.  And I have plenty of wedding related things going on in my life--like 8 weddings I am helping plan this summer.  Got anything else?

With that mouth, you will probably be banned here pretty soon.

Sorry, but my wedding day WAS in fact perfect.  Try again.

Oh, and this isn't the first time someone came in all guns a blazing basically telling us to go eff ourselves.

THIS post.....now THAT was funny ;)

• RamonaFlowersRamonaFlowers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012

OP, I'm going to do you a favor and give you some advice: next time you screw up on the internet, just apologize and laugh it off.  Cripes, woman, if you've lurked even half as much as you've claimed to, you'd know that Chelseanewb sticks both feet in her mouth every other day in front of the "cool kids" and for some reason all she has to do is say "Sorry, you guyzzzzzzz, I totes didn't think before I spoke. For the eleventy billionth time" before plowing on to her next stupid statement and people still seem to like her for some reason.

Having a full blown meltdown calling everybody bitches isn't going to accomplish anything, other than letting everybody know that your buttons can easily be pushed. Which, while incredibly amusing for them to exploit, is not going to be fun for you.

• edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_hmm-not-sure-what-it-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:aeab78a1-7fc4-49a6-80e3-c420557270ccPost:1ad16174-c6e8-47f7-bc05-011a2f6f3dbb">Re: Hmm not sure what it is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow you are all really great aren't you, not hypocritical at all. you b!tch because I don't sound positive enough and satisfied enough with the boards in my request to start a thread of funny stories, then when I revamp my whole entire thread proposal to not only be upbeat and happy and fully in love with the boards but to also include a story of my own before I dare ask any of you for one, none of you are still satisified.  ooo you really got me, <strong>I have been performing google searches for hours to come up with just the right funny story</strong>, their is no possible way I was actaully at my M, W, Th 3 hour statistics class last night an hour early after making up a test prior to class, and in no way possible did I hear a lecture being given across the whole to professors from start toe nd. Oh you caught me I am so embarassed, how could I be so lame to not even make you guys laugh! Ughhh I fail so horribley at internet coolness.  Seriously I will repeat it one more time, get over yourselves. You are all a bunch of youngish women who have either been married for years or have nothing wedding actually going on in your lives but you have apparently found your niche on a wedding related community where you get off by yellling at people to not tier their receptions or laying down the law by informing every bright eyed bride that her wedding is in fact not formal because he isn't have a full open bar and a live band. Yeah thats right I have actually been around and getting to know the boards, I'm not as much as a "noob" as all you losers like to call it and have been all day. You all sound like a bunch of elitist idiots. Sorry I'm not cool enough to be in on your awesome mean girls club. Let me see if I can make it in real life with some real friends. Stop thinking your the best in the world because you can properly address a gay married couple who don't have the same last name, chances are your wedding wasn't perfect an dyou made your own fair share of mistakes. When somebody asks you for advice try actually giving some advice rather than ripping apaprt the grammar or lack of paragraphs instead. Anf dor Christ sake if somebody asks you to share a funny story pull the fvcking septer of the knot out of your royal knot ass and share a damn funy story I'm sure it won't her your street cred on here.
    Posted by JNV825[/QUOTE]

Google let you down. Hard.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_hmm-not-sure-what-it-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:aeab78a1-7fc4-49a6-80e3-c420557270ccPost:dcfadd34-79b9-4858-927f-aac3a6aa561c">Re: Hmm not sure what it is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hmm not sure what it is... : Google let you down. Hard.
    Posted by Licia&Wayne[/QUOTE]

I've missed you so much. Can we make out now?

• Pfft. As if we ever stopped making out.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_hmm-not-sure-what-it-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:aeab78a1-7fc4-49a6-80e3-c420557270ccPost:62d72a96-37fb-4ece-bd25-9fb4723ab23b">Re: Hmm not sure what it is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hmm not sure what it is... : If you really HAD gotten to know the boards, you'd know that elitist idiots and mean girls don't frequent this board. " Chit Chat is the land of misfit dumbass slore bags."  Or so I've read.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

Truth. Word on the street is nobody that's "cool" hangs out on Chit Chat.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_hmm-not-sure-what-it-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:aeab78a1-7fc4-49a6-80e3-c420557270ccPost:62d72a96-37fb-4ece-bd25-9fb4723ab23b">Re: Hmm not sure what it is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hmm not sure what it is... : If you really HAD gotten to know the boards, you'd know that elitist idiots and mean girls don't frequent this board. " Chit Chat is the land of misfit dumbass slore bags."  Or so I've read.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

Which is exactly why we're awesome lol

• In Response to Re:Hmm not sure what it is...:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hmm not sure what it is...:In Response to Re: Hmm not sure what it is... : If you really HAD gotten to know the boards, you'd know that elitist idiots and mean girls don't frequent this board. " Chit Chat is the land of misfit dumbass slore bags." nbsp;Or so I've read.Posted by LucyHCTruth. Word on the street is nobody that's "cool" hangs out on Chit Chat. Posted by RamonaFlowers[/QUOTE]

Oh crap, I'm in the wrong place again? WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_hmm-not-sure-what-it-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:aeab78a1-7fc4-49a6-80e3-c420557270ccPost:16c65465-4292-46f5-8ba8-64bba695e272">Re:Hmm not sure what it is...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Hmm not sure what it is...: Oh crap, I'm in the wrong place again? WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING?
    Posted by SoonToBeMrsAmato[/QUOTE]

You forgot to wear pink on Wednesday. I'm sure of it.

• I had my Barbie undies on, there's pink on them.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Wait. Underwear go under the pants?

Oh no.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards