Wedding Etiquette Forum

Look here...

167891012»

Re: Look here...

• It was mostly right after he died, his page was private and i'm guessing it was people wanting to know about wake/funeral arrangements, etc.  I would proably do the same to H's.  It was tragic all around - he did trying to help a group of ducklings off the interstate.  She was in the car and saw the whole thing.  It was memorial day weekend last year.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_look-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b9d3c35f-5df1-48f0-95ac-fea6fe342f68Post:8e3c8234-e715-4a2d-9709-0cf6fa4607ae">Re: Look here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]It was mostly right after he died, his page was private and i'm guessing it was people wanting to know about wake/funeral arrangements, etc.  I would proably do the same to H's.  It was tragic all around - he did trying to help a group of ducklings off the interstate.  She was in the car and saw the whole thing.  It was memorial day weekend last year.
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

I remember you telling me about that.  That was that long ago already?  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm going to PM someone with my password and if I die you have to go cancel my FB account.  I don't really want to exist on the interwebz into eternity... 
  • OMG KJB. That's horrible.

I can't even stand when my siblings feel the need to call me on the anniversary of my mom's death or her birthday. I just don't want to talk about it. Yes I know mom passed away x amount of years ago on this date, yes I know she would have been x years old on this date. I.don't.want.to.talk.about.it. I also don't want to get in to a conversation about how I'm feeling and how I'm doing. Ugh. I told them to cut that out after the first year.
  • I'll do it Loopy! But don't get upset if I accidentally delete it early. :-P

just kidding!
  • Loopy, my lawyer recommended having a file in a very safe place with your passwords and such for your spouse to use in the event of your death. That way, bills and stuff can still get paid, cards can be cancelled, etc. much easier.

I think I'll add my FB info to that file and tell H to shut it down if something happens to me.
  • To end my randomness, check out http://www.wildspiritwolfsanctuary.org/ his favorite charity.  As an animal rescue person myself, it was a cause I could relate to :)
    ::end morbidness
    Photobucket
  • Ok, ladies (and chrmun if you're still around) I'm going to head to bed.  Goodnight!
  • I slowly delete people randomly off FB.  And I've become more selective on who I accept as friends.  Many times I've considered deleting it and making a new one for just really close friends and family, but I doubt that will ever happen.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I just deleted a TON of people.  My debit card number was stolen and over $1500 was taken out of my account while I was on vacation.  It started the day I left, which I actually posted on FB. And the first transaction was in my hometown.  So it made me suspicious.  
    Photobucket
  • I need to put together that list of passwords for H.  I currently do all the banking, so while he could probably figure out how to access everything, it'd be much easier for him if I put it all someplace.  We've been talking about getting a safety deposit box after we are all moved.  That seems like a good place for a list of passwords.
  • I do, too, DNB. I also kind of go through phases where I talk with certain people on there all the time, then we don't talk for a long time. Just when I'm about to delete them, they suddenly pop back up.
  • I've thought about that DNB. But I probably never will. I still keep telling myself I'll delete my MySpace account once I get the pictures off of there. I've been telling myself that for about 5 years now. Wonder if it will ever happen.
  • I don't even know if I could remember my password for MySpace.  HA!
  • Alright I'm out. Night
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_look-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b9d3c35f-5df1-48f0-95ac-fea6fe342f68Post:6c8a860a-ac63-49be-a526-e284eab1d8e7">Re: Look here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need to put together that list of passwords for H.  I currently do all the banking, so while he could probably figure out how to access everything, it'd be much easier for him if I put it all someplace.  We've been talking about getting a safety deposit box after we are all moved.  That seems like a good place for a list of passwords.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>I was talking about it with someone, and she just kept talking about how morbid it was. Well, people die, and I want it to be as easy on H as possible. Yeah, he could give the companies a death certificate and eventually get access, but it would take forever and be a huge hassle. Meanwhile, the mortgage still needs to be paid.</div>
  • Well, myspace says there's no account with the e-mail that I have been using since I graduated from high school, so I wonder if they delete inactive accounts after so many years.
  • Thinking back to the stupid stuff I did on MySpace, I am so embarrassed. My profile was a glittery monstrosity.
  • This is awfully morbid talk for a Saturday night.
  • I'm heading to bed, too. Night, everyone!
  • Hi Mica!  Sorry, I will take full blame for the morbid talk.   I have nobody else to talk to about it though!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • No worries Beachy!

But on that note.  The dog chased me into bed - she was headbutting the couch and when I got up she ran into the bedroom - I took that as a sign.  
    I brought the laptop, but now I'm tired :)
  • No, it's okay.  Just unexpected.
  • Oh man! I never get to post since I lurk from work. Also, I'm super late to this so... Fishy: what's your absolute favorite song? Ask a long-time lurker anything, but be warned; I'm posting from my phone. On to read the thread....
  • Hi Prynkss, Ladies and Churmun!

P- I am in LA too!  Whereabouts are you?  I feel your pain in that I feel like since we're on a later timezone, we miss out on all the good nighttime action.  By the time I am chilling at home and ready to KUI, everyone has gone to sleep.

So I will take you up on this: as a lurker, what's your opinion on the board/posters?

Anyone else who happens to come back in here:

I just want to say that this thread has been super sweet and supportive and positive :)  It's funny, because I've been reading/thinking about all the posts about how "mean" it is around here.  I DO for sure see how WR etiquette advice can come off harsh, but clearly there's a deeper current of friendship here.

I want to add my positive vibes and thoughts out to Bay!!!  Most especially, I'm sorry your Mom said that S to you :(.. clearly you have a great supportive group of ppl here behind you though, so I'm glad for that :)

I'm also sending T&P to the ppl with deceased and recently deceased friends and loved ones.

Car stickers are NMS.  Whoever else mentioned hating Jeremy Piven, I'm a H8R for him as well.  I don't drink rum, mostly wine, beer or champagne these days.

Fischy!  This is like telling a movie star you are a fan, but I AM a big fan of yours Cool

I am considering putting a pic in my sig and introducing myself if I could figure out how.

Peace out!
  • Hey Kinsey! I'm on the border of LA and OC. And you? I love the boards. These women are all so intelligent and funny. They've taught me so much; far beyond weddings and etiquette. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards