Snarky Brides

Weird Habits/Things

Re: Weird Habits/Things

• Ahhh, AATB I am OBSESSED with tweezing hairs, or examining hairs on FI. He has the most perfect black hairs that you can really see in the pore so I have to slowly pull them out to see the follicle "pop" out.

It's my favorite day of the week when I get to tweeze his eyebrows, sometimes I get "real crazy" and start pulling hairs out of moles, off his cheeks, wherever. He consequently hates it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to Re:Weird Habits/Things:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird Habits/Things:Can't stand anything white amp; creamyPosted by Girlie1030That's what she said.P.S. SERIOUSLY. I am disappointed in you all. No one picked up that. Posted by StephJ[/QUOTE]

I thought it! Glad you said something though.

Girlie does that mean swallowing or bjs at all for that matter is a nogo? Sorry that's creepy but I'm curious lol
    June 16, 2012
  • haha jcb, I love crab but hate lobster. It's too sweet. I can only have it in stuff, like lobster bisque, but never on its own.

My weird stuff:

If I'm lounging on the couch, I have to have a blanket on my lap. Even if it's 90 degrees outside, I gotta have a blanket on my lap. I'm going to be one of those little old ladies in a rocking chair with an afghan across my legs when I get old.

I almost always sleep on my right side. I start off on the left, and when I get close to sleep, I'll turn over. It's causing the hair on that side of my head to grow slower than the left.

I do the same thing with my food as pp's in that I have to finish everything at the same time. For instance, last night we had pork chops, rice and broccoli, and I ended with one bite of each in sequence.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • I have to ditto the sleeping with something covering me at all times.  If I get to hot, I'll stick my feet out but only for a quick minute because I can't sleep with my feet exposed.  Don't want the boogey man to get them.

I also have a thing with textures; most of the foods I don't like it's because of the texture of them (raw tuna, mushrooms, etc.) and I am obssessed with soft blankets.  I got the softest stuffed animal for my nephew last christmas and I almost kept if for myself.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I suppose I can add that I am a freak about my hair touching my neck. I hate it. It's always up or if it's down I pull it so it sits on my front. When I sleep it must be above my head. FI knows to make sure it's off my neck when we snuggle.
    June 16, 2012
  • That is funny, jenna.  I also pluck Ben's nipple hairs, lol.  TMI?  It's the only place on his chest he grows any hair, so they look funny with a few wirey hairs sticking out.  He used to pluck them before I started doing it, lol.  You can't really shave a nipple.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:fd134b3b-bc51-4fd4-93e1-d62546a4c492">Re:Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Weird Habits/Things: I thought it! Glad you said something though. Girlie does that mean swallowing or bjs at all for that matter is a nogo? Sorry that's creepy but I'm curious lol
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

Steph, I was fully expecting grief for that.  Surprised it took so long. 

Al Capone (that's how I read your SN) - You have to buy me a few drinks before I answer that.  I'm a lady after all. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:4281a0f0-8a82-4a63-ac33-17999a82c4ac">Re:Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Weird Habits/Things : I was JUST thinking that. Get out of my head, you.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

But's it's so cozy in here.  :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:fd134b3b-bc51-4fd4-93e1-d62546a4c492">Re:Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Weird Habits/Things: I thought it! Glad you said something though. <strong>Girlie does that mean swallowing or bjs at all for that matter is a nogo? Sorry that's creepy but I'm curious lol</strong>
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

uh.
  • In Response to Re:Weird Habits/Things:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Weird Habits/Things:In Response to Re:Weird Habits/Things: I thought it! Glad you said something though. Girlie does that mean swallowing or bjs at all for that matter is a nogo? Sorry that's creepy but I'm curious lolPosted by
    acaponi87Steph, I was fully expecting
    grief for that.nbsp; Surprised it took so
    long.nbsp; Al Capone that's how I
    read your SN You have to buy me a
    few drinks before I answer that.nbsp;
    I'm a lady after all.nbsp; Posted by
    Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

That's fair.

I lie to kids sometimes when I'm subbing pretend that Mr. Capone was my great grandfather and we changed last names slightly to avoid the stigma. Usually freaks them out and I have no issues.
    June 16, 2012
  • Well this got awkward in a hurry.
    panther
  • I really can't think of how gross it would be to pop J's zits, ugh. He always wants to pop mine and I practically have to run away screaming to get away lol.
  • I can't sleep with socks but I must have a cover of some sort over me. I really can't sleep in pants and even shorts are pushing it. A long nightgown is also totally out of the question. 

My other weird quirk - I talk to the other cars when I am driving. I don't mean just cursing at bad drivers, although I do a lot of that. I will just say stuff like "stay on your own side now" or "I hope you see me!" Luckily I drive alone 99% of the time and I avoid doing it when there are witnesses. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Rachers, my food also can't touch. It's weird. I have to try really hard in public to control myself if my food is touching. 

This is more of a confession, but I also have a phobia, I guess, of microwave foods being cold in the middle. My H made me a microwave burrito the other night and I asked if he would cut it open and verify that the middle was hot. He said he did, but I got to the middle and took a big, cold bite. I just started sobbing uncontrollably, then laughing at myself. H and I were both crying and laughing.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:c95d8d31-f5fd-4825-affd-3c1e80fe99a9">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]My other weird quirk - I talk to the other cars when I am driving. I don't mean just cursing at bad drivers, although I do a lot of that. I will just say stuff like "stay on your own side now" or "I hope you see me!" Luckily I drive alone 99% of the time and I avoid doing it when there are witnesses. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

I do this all the time.  "It's your turn!"  "Move big truck"  And ok, I have been known to say "You have a small penis" to the oversized trucks and small sports cars driven by men in my area. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:c95d8d31-f5fd-4825-affd-3c1e80fe99a9">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't sleep with socks but I must have a cover of some sort over me. I really can't sleep in pants and even shorts are pushing it. A long nightgown is also totally out of the question.  Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

I am the same way. Sometimes when I do wear socks on the couch or bed my feet will get hot and I will take them off and stash them somewhere, Like the bottom of the bed or under the couch pillow.  And then forget them :( it drives DH crazy.

I used to pick at my cuticles, and to prevent tearing hangnails big time I started using a clipper, but I am a compulsive cuticle clipper. If my cuticles aren't perfect I get obsessed.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:050ca836-c0ff-4418-a1b4-71f965cd06a8">Re:Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Weird Habits/Things : BAHAHAH. I can't stop laughing.  Girlie, do you swallow? I really need to know, right meow!
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

You have to buy me dinner to find out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:2e2f37b5-bc7a-47e2-8c34-ce3ddffcdfca">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird Habits/Things : I do this all the time.  "It's your turn!"  "Move big truck"  And ok, I have been known to say "You have a small penis" to the oversized trucks and small sports cars driven by men in my area. 
    Posted by sweetredhead[/QUOTE]

I tend to say stuff like "lets move your big truck ass!"

FI laughs and shakes his head.
    imageVacation
  • I talk to myself in the car, sometimes I will plan out my day. Or talk to the radio dj. I have a long commute, I get bored.

• Sometimes when I drive our big Expedition, I get looks from people because they weren't expecting it to be a girl like me lol. I'm not gonna lie, I feel like a bad ass when I drive that thing. It's sexy.
  • You should see how people look at you when they see it's a girl driving the combine/tractor/grain truck on the highway, Musu :)
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:4438b9f6-4e6e-4b82-93e6-b6b460d010e5">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should see how people look at you when they see it's a girl driving the combine/tractor/grain truck on the highway, Musu :)
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yeah buddy! For a while in high school I drove our nasty orange farm pickup with a manual choke. That thing was a mother to start when temps were below 0.

</div>
  • Erin on a few occasions I had to drive my dad's work truck to school.  I can't believe in a parking lot full of cars driven by teens no one ever stole any tools or gas out of it, lol.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:f4213c2c-5591-41a8-9637-413d0a43855e">Re:Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Weird Habits/Things : I'm still laughing at the original question.  I think asking people if they swallow would fit under the topic of <strong>creepy </strong>habits.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

FTFY. 

Sorry Al Capone but it was creepy. 
  • Does anyone else hold their stomach in 24/7?  Please someone say yes.
    panther
  • In Response to Re:Weird Habits/Things:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Weird Habits/Things:In Response to Re:Weird Habits/Things : I'm still laughing at the original question.nbsp; I think asking people if they swallow would fit under the topic of creepy habits.Posted by kodakittyFTFY.nbsp;
    Sorry Al Capone but it was
    creepy.nbsp; Posted by
    Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

I know, I said it was creepy when I asked. My apologies.
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:8c8dd65a-4fb4-43c9-9b40-9d2fb8b516fb">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone else hold their stomach in 24/7?  Please someone say yes.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>ok I legit lol'd at this one. </div><div>
    </div><div>I don't hold my stomach in though. Strategically dress? that I do.</div>
  • AATB, my grandma used to tell all her female grandchildren that she kept skinny not by exercising, but by holding in her stomach every time she did dishes. She was really elegant and lovely, so sometimes I try to hold my stomach in her honor.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_weird-habitsthings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b01f356-ec29-457c-b24a-e444360641dbPost:8c8dd65a-4fb4-43c9-9b40-9d2fb8b516fb">Re: Weird Habits/Things</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone else hold their stomach in 24/7?  Please someone say yes.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

How is that possible? 24/7? I rarely if ever try to suck in my gut.

ETA: same as Kate, I have become much better at dressing appropriately for my body.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't read any of the thread yet, but I want to play.

I eat like a chipmunk. I'll try to explain this but we'll see how effective it is. During a meal, I'm always chewing some food very thoroughly on the left side of my mouth. Always.

I have to have something covering me while I sleep, even if it's a bazillion degrees.

I hate chocolate, peanut butter, mustard and ketchup.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards