Second Weddings

What did u do with your old e-ring?

Hi, I have a few questions for those of you who have been married or engaged before.  Did anyone sell their old rings?  I was engaged before and then called it off.  I kept the ring for a while but now I really have no need for it and don't want to turn it into another piece of jewerly either.  Can I sell it?  Where would I start?  Anyone had any luck selling their old rings?  TIA.

Re: What did u do with your old e-ring?

• ishatagishatag member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also doing the unusual - I have an engagement set that I paid big money for from a previous failed relationship, FI has the engagement set from his past failed relationship. We're going to take them to a jewler and have them totally redesigned into something fabulously new. I figure if we can build something beautiful out of two rocky pasts, why can't we burn up, polish off, and reshape the ring juju from bad into good?
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance sell for his friend of work .
  • luckyme502luckyme502 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I traded it with my mom for a different ring. She gave me her original ering and she took the diamond out of mine and had it reset.  I wear her ering as a right hand ring. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • sonomagalsonomagal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    to Ishatag

OMG!  Fabulous!  Brilliant! 

Sadly I only have my diamond ring and my fiance doesn't have anything.  Combining would have been a stunning idea. 

I was thinking of seeing if a jewler would take my diamond in trade for another.  I might be "trading down", and that's OK.

• Kimberly0402Kimberly0402 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom is getting remarried 3 months after my wedding. She is taking her old e-ring and selling the 18K gold. The diamond is antique and she is having it made into a pendant for me to wear on my wedding day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sold my ring.  Can you sell yours?  Sure.  Why not?  Start at jewelry stores which also sell "heirloom" jewelry; that worked for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards