Destination Weddings Discussions

WTF Wednesday!

Happy Hump Day all!

Hope everyone on the east coast is doing ok.

I'll give a preemptive WTF SANDY!!!!

All other complaints go here.

Re: WTF Wednesday!

• WTF caterer (that comes with our package): Your scheduling website for tastings only has Tuesday/Wednesday evening appointments - which totally doesn't work for us as we will be coming in from out of town and I would prefer to not take 3-4 days off work for this one thing. Then your website claims that you guys want to be as flexible as possible so if we need a different date to email you and that you will work with us. Three emails and no response until two weeks later and I find out that no, in fact you will not work with us at all!! ugh.

This is turning into a book - but we seriously asked for any other time. even just earlier on one of the Tuesdays so that we could possibly fly back home that night and only burn 2 vacation days. No dice - just a canned "sorry we can't do any other dates due to work schedules".

• Ugh, that's really annoying Winogrrl. Can you call and maybe talk to a person? 

WTF me? I've honestly been so lazy lately, it's ridiculous. I blame the weather. It's cold and overcast here and I just want to sit inside in my pajamas, and not run errands, or clean house, or basically anything else productive. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cassidy - I think I will put FI up to the phone call - he does much better negotiation than I do! The website states that email is the best way to reach them but apparently not!!

I also had FI program out thermostat so that it would automatically heat up in the morning before I get up so that the house is at least a little warm in order to counter the "must stay under the covers" feeling I've been having all month. lol. So far it has worked with limited success, but I told FI starting next week that he totally has to kick me out of bed in the morning so I get my workouts in!
  • WTF wedding planning... I'm sick of you!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Sara-our AHR venue did that too!!!!! Tastings only on tuesday! WTF!

Faith-I got REALLY sick of wedding planning from the 2-3 month mark too but once I hit 4 weeks I got excited again!!!!! You are getting so close!

I have ZERO to WTF other than the amount of stuff I need to get done in the next 36 hours, but I don't even care because every minute means 1 minute closer to vacation and the wedding! :D
  • WTF my "wonderful" invited guests!!  How many times do we have to request your mailing address for you to actually respond???  Since February FI and I have sent at least 4 direct reminders through email, our FB event page and there is a bold reminder on our website (complete with a form where they can just fill in the info right there rather than go into an email or write us a private note on FB)...only one person has used this form and only about 6 people responded to the very first email!  I want to get the invitations out before the holidays!!  I am not sending any more reminders...but they should know, if they don't get an invitation they can't RSVP, and if they don't RSVP they are essentially not on the list!!  

Hell, if they don't get an invitation they are technically not invited! 

End rant.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_wtf-wednesday-70?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:35dd734e-5f26-480f-ac47-5c73eaf95b76Post:40d7ce39-2ab0-47f7-ae2a-0b7ccf5783d0">Re: WTF Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cassidy - I think I will put FI up to the phone call - he does much better negotiation than I do! The website states that email is the best way to reach them but apparently not!! I also had FI program out thermostat so that it would automatically heat up in the morning before I get up so that the house is at least a little warm in order to counter the "must stay under the covers" feeling I've been having all month. lol. So far it has worked with limited success, but I told FI starting next week that he totally has to kick me out of bed in the morning so I get my workouts in!
    Posted by WinoGrrl[/QUOTE]

<div>FI is way better than me at confrontations too. I get angry and then start crying which completely ruins the effectiveness. </div><div>
    </div><div>We have a programmable thermostat, and it's been nice, but my main problem is I have been working out in the afternoons, and after coming home, and it's all warm inside, and way too easy to find excuses to not. I think with time change soon, I'll switch back to morning workouts. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My wtf is this sinus infection. Called teledoc and got my script today. So ready to be over this manly voice
  • Umm let's see my WTF is myself. I am A. a slacker and B. done with this wedding business. I switched hours at work to work four 10 hour days so I am really hoping I can spend my Fridays wedding planning. I have been price checking table cloths nd wow let me say annoying I am about ready to just buy em and be done with it. I think for my first Friday off this week I will spend it in hobby lobby! Happy hump day ladies!!
    Anniversary
  • Meg!! I just bought tablecloths from weddinglinesdirect.com, theybwere the cheapest I found. I gave too many wtf sandy rants to post so I'll just leave it as I have nothin else to complain about. Just lucky at at the moment.... And just as Brit said it... Ladies, your motivation will come back quickly when you get just a little closer... I've don't more for this wedding in the last few weeks than in did in the last few months! Lol... Yay procrastination!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I will write that address in my binder thanks Julie!!!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards