June 2012 Weddings

Anyone else think they'll be a blubbering baby during the ceremony?

I've started looking at ceremony scripts and everytime I find one I like, I literally start tearing up imagining finally saying these words to FI after 8 long years and 2 children together.

When I say tearing up, I mean completely overrun with emotion (in an amazing awesome way). I'm sniffling, blowing my nose, and deep breathing - and this is my reciting the script ALONE just under 3 months out from the real deal.

I have a feeling I'll be bawling before I even walk down the aisle. I'm not usually an overly emotional person but there's something about finally marrying FI after everything we've been through that gets me right in my heart, every time. Other than waterproof makeup, how are you gonna pull your shiz together before walking down the aisle??

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone else think they'll be a blubbering baby during the ceremony?

• I figure that I'm not going to hold back my tears if I start crying. I also don't see myself being blubbering, just some possible tears of happiness welling up in my eyes and falling down my cheek. I think it's sweet when the B&G cry a little bit at weddings and I wouldn't want to hold it all in.

I'm probably in the minority here though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_anyone-else-think-theyll-be-a-blubbering-baby-during-the-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5c99a578-238e-42a7-8326-7b2de8202f6bPost:1373dbeb-636f-4ded-952f-9ac93e229423">Re: Anyone else think they'll be a blubbering baby during the ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I figure that I'm not going to hold back my tears if I start crying. I also don't see myself being blubbering, just some possible tears of happiness welling up in my eyes and falling down my cheek. I think it's sweet when the B&G cry a little bit at weddings and I wouldn't want to hold it all in. I'm probably in the minority here though.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

I couldnt agree more. It's your wedding day.. why wouldnt you want your emotions to show? It's just makeup.....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's what I was thinking too - I don't think there will be any way to avoid *some* display of emotion. I'm definitely going to cry too! My concern is my ability to actually say my vows without sounding like I'm about to lose composure.

Do you think your FI's will end up tearing up?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm the ugliest crier ever. And my eyes get red and really puffy. Yeah, so I really don't want to cry, but I know it's going to happen. I'm just going to try and take deep breaths and control myself. It'll be hard work, because I already tear up every single time I hear my processional song.
  • I will be doing a TON of crying that day. I already know it. There is a lot that is going to be going through my head that day and I just won't be able to help it.

I will probably be okay when we say our vows, but no promises.

You should practice saying your vows to your mom or dad in front of people. Obivously not FI. lol.
    That is what I intend to do.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to Re:Anyone else think they'll be a blubbering baby during the ceremony?:[QUOTE]That's what I was thinking too I don't think there will be any way to avoid some display of emotion. I'm definitely going to cry too! My concern is my ability to actually say my vows without sounding like I'm
    about to lose composure.Do you think your FI's will end up tearing up? Posted
    by rasp.berry[/QUOTE]

I personally think he will be alright and when I asked he said he would too. My sister thinks he's going to cry though...and then she said that if he does, all bets are off and she will lose it too. LOL
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_anyone-else-think-theyll-be-a-blubbering-baby-during-the-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5c99a578-238e-42a7-8326-7b2de8202f6bPost:5f2f4d12-bfe8-4a49-bd66-b7f33de334c1">Re: Anyone else think they'll be a blubbering baby during the ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's what I was thinking too - I don't think there will be any way to avoid *some* display of emotion. I'm definitely going to cry too! My concern is my ability to actually say my vows without sounding like I'm about to lose composure. Do you think your FI's will end up tearing up?
    Posted by rasp.berry[/QUOTE]

I honestly think he will and I wont! HAHA!!
  • Oh I know I will be a mess when I get married. I can't make it through wedding shows anymore without tearing up at other people's vows. I bawled like a big baby when he proposed so I can only imagine it isn't going to be pretty during the ceremony.
  • I don't think FI is going to cry. I know he's going to cry. If I'm not crying on my way up the aisle, as soon as he starts crying I'm going to start. I love men who aren't afraid to cry/show any other emotion. I think it makes them stronger.
  • I will be wearing VERY waterproof makeup. I ALWAYS cry during weddings (like tears running down my cheeks crying), so I can only imagine I will be sobbing at ours lol
  • I'm pretty sure I'll cry during our first look and then not during the ceremony. The ceremony I'm sure I'll be thinking about what's coming next and who is supposed to speak next, etc. Plus we will have written it ourselves so I'm sure I'll have read it about 50 times. 

I also am predicting I have a major melt down a day or two before the wedding and get it out of my system. 
  • I think I'll have some tears, and I have no intention on holding any back that come.  I have no idea if Fi will shed any tears but I could see it happening.
  • I am fine when I am in my dress and veil but as soon as the blusher goes over my face, the tears start. I am already know I am going to cry 1. when my dad sees me for the first time, 2. when we walk down the aisle, 3. when my dad lifts my veil and gives me away. I am a big daddy's girl and we have gone through some tough times the past couple of years but our realationship is great now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_anyone-else-think-theyll-be-a-blubbering-baby-during-the-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5c99a578-238e-42a7-8326-7b2de8202f6bPost:5f2f4d12-bfe8-4a49-bd66-b7f33de334c1">Re: Anyone else think they'll be a blubbering baby during the ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's what I was thinking too - I don't think there will be any way to avoid *some* display of emotion. I'm definitely going to cry too! My concern is my ability to actually say my vows without sounding like I'm about to lose composure. Do you think your FI's will end up tearing up?
    Posted by rasp.berry[/QUOTE]

I *know* FI will! He is a very emotional guy! He's already gotten teary eyed more times during planning than I have! lol ..That is one reason I don't mind doing a first look! lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I don't know if I am or not. I haven't cried at anything so far and I thought I would have. Out of everyone, my FFIL will definitely be crying!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't know if FI will get emotional. Very rarely does he cry, but it would mean the world to me and be something I would never forget, if he does tear up.
  • I think my FI will cry too, and I agree with Midge in that I think the ability to cry for a man is a sign of strength, not weakness.

I'm with you ladies who cry during wedding shows during the vows. Witnessing someone get married (even if I don't know them) is such a special experience and is completely relatable to any long term, dedicated relationship. I tend to have strong empathetic emotions, allowing me to feel what others are feeling in that moment so I usually get caught up in it.

After having my kids, I still tear up during baby shows remembering our experience in the labour and delivery room hahaha. That's kind of why I started thinking of this whole topic in the first place. I had the amazing opportunity to witness birth from a different perspective when I was my sister's "coach" back in November. It was such an intense feeling of emotion, unlike anything else I've ever experienced. I thought I was going to explode from the inside out when my nephew was about to be born.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I told FI he better tear up for something that day! Then he said he was gonna keep Visine eye drops handy! HA! That's what I get!

Actually though, as tough as he always tries to be, I think he might get a lil emotional. When I just played him the SONG I am going to walk down to, he got a little teary within the first couple bars. Yeah, he's toast! :P (But I might be too much of a crying mess to call him on it!)
  • I don't know if I am going to cry because I may be too nervous.  When I think about our wedding day I get so freakin' nervous and my stomach starts turning.  I know I'm going to be a mess the day before and probably off and on the day of.  I am seriously going to take some Tylenol PM the night before, otherwise I know I'll be too anxious to sleep.  I didn't get much sleep the night before my bridal shower, so I know I won't sleep the night before the wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_anyone-else-think-theyll-be-a-blubbering-baby-during-the-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5c99a578-238e-42a7-8326-7b2de8202f6bPost:4844884e-255a-4ccf-9134-9309b6a1d82d">Re: Anyone else think they'll be a blubbering baby during the ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if I am going to cry because I may be too nervous.  When I think about our wedding day I get so freakin' nervous and my stomach starts turning.  I know I'm going to be a mess the day before and probably off and on the day of.  I<strong> am seriously going to take some Tylenol PM the night before, otherwise I know I'll be too anxious to sleep</strong>.  I didn't get much sleep the night before my bridal shower, so I know I won't sleep the night before the wedding. 
    Posted by WEEZIE918[/QUOTE]

yep, me too!!
    And I also agree with Jess that a man who isn't afraid to cry is sign of strength.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_anyone-else-think-theyll-be-a-blubbering-baby-during-the-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5c99a578-238e-42a7-8326-7b2de8202f6bPost:f2ad1682-799a-4a81-ba5b-5ff5ace1ae21">Re: Anyone else think they'll be a blubbering baby during the ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if I am or not. I haven't cried at anything so far and I thought I would have. Out of everyone, my <strong>FFIL will definitely be crying!
    </strong>Posted by ncd5015[/QUOTE]

Mine too! Heck, there's going to be a little of crying I think. I will absolutely lose it if my brother cries though. That is rare.
  • Yup I'm thinking there will lots of crying going around with the parents and family members.  We both have families that aren't shy to showing emotion. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_anyone-else-think-theyll-be-a-blubbering-baby-during-the-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:5c99a578-238e-42a7-8326-7b2de8202f6bPost:d72b391e-1380-43fe-9040-0d1a7ba665f2">Re: Anyone else think they'll be a blubbering baby during the ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else think they'll be a blubbering baby during the ceremony? : Mine too! Heck, there's going to be a little of crying I think.<strong> I will absolutely lose it if my brother cries though. That is rare.
    </strong>Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

same here!!
  • I've never cried once in my life. I'm too cool for that.
  • I have never seen FI cry, although my friend told me he was crying when we had to say goodbye in Europe (before we were officially a couple).  SO i doubt he will cry at the wedding.

I will probably have some tears.....won't hold them back but I won't be blubbering either.  My mom has already told me she will probably be a mess.

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I doubt my FI will cry. I've seen him cry twice in 6 years-once was watching United 93 and the other time was during an emotional discussion we had. He definitely doesn't cry "happy tears."

My father will 100% cry. I'm planning on having sort of a mini-first look with him before I do the first look with FI so he can get it all out. 

And I will be taking some benedryl the night before to knock myself out, it is the only chance I will have at getting any sleep. 
  • I will definitely be crying.  I plan on having everything waterproof and my makeup artist mentioned that she teaches all her brides to blot in a way that won't ruin her makeup.  Can I just ask though, what is the tissue situation at the altar?  Do any emotional brides have any plans in place for their MOH or someone to have something for blotting?

I'm not sure if FI will cry.  He got a tiny bit teary when he proposed, but other than that I've only seen him cry a couple times, once when his grandather had a stroke and once at my grandfather's wake when I was really losing it.  I would so love it if he did tear up a little, but I think he'll try to hold it together.  His family is very anti emotions of any sort. :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh I know already that I am going to be a hot, blubbering mess as I walk down the aisle and all through the ceremony. And I'm not a cute dainty cryer either- my face gets all splotchy and red. I've even considered asking my doctor for something that might keep me calmer, but the thought of dulling my emotions on our big day makes me sad and feels wrong. Plus I will be drinking and drinking and meds don't mix ;)

So I will just have to suck it up and be a blubbering fool that day :)
  • We are doing a first look, so I'm hoping that will give my emotions a release. I wouldn't mind getting teary eyed, but I REALLY don't want to be sobbing as I'm trying to say my vows. I will feel like an idiot and be completely embarrased, even though I know its cute and your supposed to cry and all of that. I don't like other people seeing me cry. I think FI might cry, but he's pretty good at holding his emotions in, so I'm not sure.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm really emotional - as in I cry over tv commercials. It's terrible and I've never been able to control it, but when something tugs at my heart, boom! Tears. So I expect nothing less than being a cry baby. I would be very surprised if FI even teared up a little.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards