Eco-Friendly Weddings
Options

Looking for Eco-friendly AND budget-friendly

My fiance and i are really into making our wedding eco-friendly. We'd love recycled invitations or double-sided at the very least, but we're also on a budget. I want to be eco-friendly, but i don't want to be pay $3.00 per invite. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Looking for Eco-friendly AND budget-friendly

• Options
    I'm so excited because I found that vistaprint has a 100% recycled cardstock option!  I'm going to be paying $120 for 200 invites and rsvp cards.  I've been looking everywhere, and you can't beat it.  They have some really cute designs too.  Good luck!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    *If I had a bigger budget, I would have gone with plantable invites from foreverfiances.com.  They are awesome, but cost 2-3 bucks each.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    jroxxjroxx member
    First Comment
    I agree, I just purchased my engagement announcements from Vista Print (had a friend design them) and only paid $54 including 7day shipping for 100 announcements (post card size) on 100% recycled paper.  Although my fiance's father is an engineer and says it actually takes more chemicals to process recycled paper than non-recycled...  I'm really not sure what's better.  =/
  • Options
    jroxxjroxx member
    First Comment
    If you do really want to go recycled, I know there are some companies, greenprinteronline.com, was affordable if IMO.  But I'm not thrilled with the fact they ship from Canada.  That doesn't seem eco-friendly to me.  (Vista Prints is in Ohio.)
  • Options
    We are getting our plantable invites from the site mentioned by the pp, foreverfiances.com

They have TONS of different designs and  two seed types (wildflowers or herbs) to choose from.  The prices start at $2.50/invite.  II think our cost is close to $4/invite, but that is because we only need 35 invites.  They also have recycled paper invites, but  I never bothered to check the price on those.    Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Are you opposed to making your own?  I did ours myself on 100% recycled paper, and using soy ink.  I printed 5x7 double-sided, no inner envelope and online RSVP so no RSVP cards or envelopes.  They cost $0.84 each, including postage.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options

123print.com has recycled paper and lets you print double sided. We are getting out invites from there.

Good luck!

• Options
    FI and I have ton of paper sacks from the grocery store.  We will be cutting them up and printing our invites on them.  Recycling paper and not paying for it either except the ink from the printer.  It ties in with our theme of rustic as well.

On the side that will have the grocery store logo we are gluing wrapping paper with a funky print that matches our theme as well.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards