Hawaii
Options

TGIF!

What's on tap for the weekend, folks?  I for one cannot wait to head home from work & be done for the week.  Whacha all up to?

Re: TGIF!

• Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2 hours and 15 minutes until I'm done with job 1.  Going to the gym for a hour and then heading to job 2.  I have a triple header to referee tonight!  I'm excited for literally 4 hours of cardio, haha!  I should feel hurt/great in the morning! 

WR stuff on the list - invites, suit, and places to stay for wedding and honeymoon.

Update on my dress - after 3 phone calls, I've finally been told that it should ship out in a week or two.  It was supposed to come in over a week ago.  Awesome.  I'm not quite yet pulling my hair out.  If I don't receive it in 3 weeks, I will then be pulling my hair out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wait, did I miss the backstory on your dress?
  • Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes...THANK GOODNESS it's Friday!!! Tomorrow will be a busy day...putting off as long as i can...finally going to look at dresses.  The appointment with the designer that will be making my dress is in two weeks so this is just a little preview of what other boutiques have to offer.  I really want to rest though...this has been a really tough week! J. :-)
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I may have posted it on the DW board, haha.  I get confused where I post stuff sometimes :) 

My dress was supposed to come in over a week ago, nothing yet, so I called and asked about it.  First time, they said they would get back to me.  Didn't call me.  Second time, they said they would call the manufacture (which they were already supposed to do) and have a manager call me back.  Didn't call me.  Third time calling, they said they would have to call the manufacture.  Then said oh they're waiting on a couple more dresses to be completed and then they'll ship them in a week or two.  But your wedding isn't until June, so you're okay.  I wanted to ring her a new one because I don't care if my wedding is two weeks, in 6 months, or two years from now, I want the dress in my hands now because obviously I can't even trust the shop to call the manufacture to see where the dress is and return the phone call!  If I don't get it in 2-3 weeks, I'm going to flip.  I'm scared that they're just going to keep telling me a couple more weeks each time like those horror stories!  We'll see!
  • Options
    kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry about your dressmare, sld. I'm really glad I won't have to deal with that. Gonna lay low this weekend. Mostly work on the house. But, we will be going to a friend's birthday party tomorrow night and on Sunday having lunch with a gf. Oh and we have our MCM league meeting on Sunday night, too.
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank kimmy! I love the way you put it...a dressmare.  Sounds like you have a fabulous weekend ahead of you! Jealous!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! It seems like a slow weekend to me. heh heh

I almost forgot it's also my daughter's Winter Formal tomorrow night.  So I'll be doing her hair and helping her get ready for that.
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about your dress sld.... I had a bit of a dress meltdown with sizing when it came in and I felt so silly for being so upset about it but it truly is devastating when something happens with your dress. Everything will work out.... and if you need to rip into them, that's how mine ended up working out well in the end (with perks) : ).

As for me this weekend

WR: ring shopping tonight for both me and FI which I'm super excited about, we were supposed to do our cake testing at my Aunt's Sat night (she's making our cake) but my uncle has the flu so we postponed. Sad for my uncle but totally ok with sitting back and resting this weekend - it's been a big week, bought the suit on Wed and potentially buying the rings tonight!!

NWR: I am going to take some much needed ME time this weekend and just do what every I feel like doing in the moment
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_tgif-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:677d2225-32b5-428a-84b2-8faf201c4729Post:1e5bf40e-bfc4-48e9-acfc-dabd22c98ac0">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry to hear about your dress sld.... I had a bit of a dress meltdown with sizing when it came in and <strong>I felt so silly for being so upset about it but it truly is devastating when something happens with your dress. Everything will work out.... and if you need to rip into them, that's how mine ended up working out well in the end (with perks) : ).</strong>As for me this weekend WR: ring shopping tonight for both me and FI which I'm super excited about, we were supposed to do our cake testing at my Aunt's Sat night (she's making our cake) but my uncle has the flu so we postponed. Sad for my uncle but totally ok with sitting back and resting this weekend - it's been a big week, bought the suit on Wed and potentially buying the rings tonight!! NWR: I am going to take some much needed ME time this weekend and just do what every I feel like doing in the moment
    Posted by cryssv[/QUOTE]

This!  I feel so darn silly to be upset.  I think it's just the lack of communication that is upsetting to me.  I'm sure the dress is really the manufacter's fault, but they could just be frank with me and return a phone call.  I plan on talking to the sister of the owner (who sold me the dress) when this is over because it could just be the girl at the counter answering phones who is being stupid.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Boo on dress news! We're redecorating our living room this weekend... aka assembling ikea bookcases... Phil and I are going out to his favourite restaurant tomorrow in early celebration of his birthday... and we're going on out Monday against for his actual birthday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Alyson, what did you ultimately decide as a gift?

sld - lots of Knot force for your dress.  I'm surprised you are as calm as you are...I would be seething.  Hell, mine was 3 days late and I just about handed the girl her head on a platter (more for the same lack of communication & me having to chase down every update despite their promises).  I really hope it comes in soon.

cryssv - post photos when you pick your ring!  It can be kind of overwhelming.  It took me two trips, but I'm glad I stepped away and revisited with fresh eyes.  I would have made a big mistake! 

kimmy - good luck to your daughter!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards