New Jersey

SO: How much does your NJ Wedding Cost? Another Poll

I was inspired by the other post and wanted to put together a poll that reflected the pricing of what I think is a typical NJ wedding.  So how much is your wedding costing?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: SO: How much does your NJ Wedding Cost? Another Poll

• edited December 2011
    I voted!  Ours is 35K, due to getting a great deal on a cancellation at our venue (Florentine Gardens).  We expect 200 people. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am in the $25k range including dress/tux/limo/photo/rings/invites/favors/dj/honeymoon and we are having 100-110 guests.

---The Nest makes me wanna---
    imageimage
    ---Started TTC 12/1/11---
    Cycle 1 - 13 BFN
    Cycle 14 Surgery complete! BFP on 2/27/13!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC buddies with sparklingdiamond and amandaf6383
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely a more realistic NJ poll lol.. We are in the over 51K range.  Parents are paying all for the most part though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    ~$25k for 125 guests. After figuring in gift money, and what my parents generously paid for, we "lost" about $6k.

That doesn't count my e-ring or the cost of the London/Ireland belated honeymoon trip a few months later (we did an upstate NY trip for a few days right after the wedding).
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for doing this! It wouldn't let me change my original poll!
  • edited December 2011
    Can you clarify if you are counting rings and honeymoon in the cost?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Without rings and honeymoon were are in the 30K range, with those 2 things we're over 40K.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We are TRYING to keep it under $30k.  Right now we are at $23, which is just venue and photographer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are def under $25K. We are getting married next Sept and don't really plan on spening more that $20K
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow, just came back to this...I see we are now all over the place with price ranges.. interesting..I'm curious to know more details about the votes for
    under $25k...
  • sioshansioshan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would like to keep it under 25k....but is this possible in nj? We estimate 130 guests... our venue with tax & gratuity is 130.25/person... plus flowers, DJ, invites, photog, church fees, hair & makeup, dress/tux, wedding rings...eeeekk!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We are under 21k, venue for 100 people, dress, photo, video, nj flowers everthing. We got an AMAZING deal at our reception hall and couldnt be happier
  • edited December 2011
    Im so jealous of those who have been able to keep there wedding under $25k! My original budget goal was $30k before we started pricing stuff and we are about double that now, and thats w/ me DIYng a lot, researching like crazy for good prices, etc so I give u guys props- I dont know how u do it!
  • edited December 2011
    We're in like the less than 10k range if you don't count rings or honeymoons :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_much-nj-wedding-cost-another-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:4465bb07-b856-4200-8b6f-ac7fef0c9f8aPost:52c229e6-952d-462c-82e0-d248fd131d19">Re: SO: How much does your NJ Wedding Cost? Another Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you clarify if you are counting rings and honeymoon in the cost?
    Posted by golfrgal[/QUOTE]

<div>When I created the poll, I was not counting rings or honeymoon.  </div>
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • lopezalonsolopezalonso member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are over 51k. We are very lucky to have our parents paying for it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We came in right around $45k including everything. Original budget was 20k but that quickly changed when we learned what things actually cost here ha
  • littlekiklittlekik member
    First Answer First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DOes anyone know how much it costs to get married at Florentine Gardens with the theatrical package?
  • Right now we are in the 25-30K range!  Not inluding my engagement ring. 
  • I quickly learned how expensive weddings are in NJ!!!  I originally thought it would be possible to spend $30K max including EVERYTHING, however, we are at 30K and still have to do A LOT more.......prob will be closer to 40K. 

If eloping is an option - DO IT!

• I'm between $25k and $30k for about 120 guests.  That's not including rings or honeymoon. 
  • We are keeping it at under $25,000. One thing that has helped is keeping the wedding party small. Less flowers as a result. Less bridal party gifts. Smaller rehearsal dinner. All in one place so not bothering with a limo. Not doing STDs. Cousin is going online and being the officiant. Centerpieces will be the same flowers used to decorate for the service. Single DJ--not a team. One photographer. One videographer. No programs.

• We're paying for most it ourselves are at about $50,000 for the wedding - minus rings and honeymoon- that's another $10,000 (it's insane!)
  • We were somewhere around $20k for the wedding.  We spent nearly as much for the honeymoon.  Worth every penny.
  • So far, not including e-ring and honeymoon we are looking at 25-30k range. My venue for about 100-110 people is around 13k alone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • We are budgeted at $2,000 and no it's not a typo!  Planning for a very nontraditional wedding... just a private setting where our closest friends & family can relax, socialize, eat, and have a nice time.  Our theme is "eat, drink, and be married".  Maybe a champagne brunch or a private dinner at a nice restaurant.  There won't be more than 20 people (including us two).  Our honeymoon is budgeted at $2,500 but that's what we spend on a vacation every year anyway.
  • Including everything! About 45k....having about 180 guests! It's definitely not cheap but it's including everything I ever dreamed of in my wedding!
    Joanna
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2013
    Our venue alone (Florentine Gardens) was almost 60k but we had over 270ppl, did a ton of upgrades and also had a Viennese hour. It wasn't cheap but it was worth it!

Edit: I actually came across our Venue bill while at my parent's house over the weekend. Our venue alone was 75k. Photographer was 6k, Videographer was 5,600, DJ was 3,100...I don't even want to add the rest up lol
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going all out. 90k for 100 guests. My fiance pointed out the per-guest math on this and it's ridiculous. 
  • Dancer2873Dancer2873 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013
    My first wedding was in the 60k range...the second time around we are keeping it to about 25k. It's a smidge more stressful this way but I believe it will be more fun and a lot better this time around!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards