Retro and Vintage Weddings

Poll--What are you throwing?

2»

Re: Poll--What are you throwing?

• We aren't throwing anything as we leave the ceremony. Our church will only allow bubbles and I've been to too many weddings where people spill them all over themselves or just put them in their pockets. We decided our guests would probably enjoy a better wine selection than us spending the money on something they throw or blow at us.
  • We are actually going to use shakers/poms poms for everyone to shake as we leave. We are both graduated at the University of Tennessee and thought it would be cute to incorporate something from where we met into our wedding/reception.
  • I haven't really thought about it.

I would prefer rice (just FYI to others considering rice, it's actually NOT harmful to birds at all, no matter how much or how little they eat). I think birdseed actually creates a more slippery surface than rice, since they're mostly millet seeds AKA llittle round balls.

I've been trying to think of something non conventional that hasn't really been thought of before. Confetti, paper airplanes, sparklers, bubbles, streamers, and sabre arches are all things I've seen at weddings or heard about from friends weddings way back when. I'm kind of at a loss for a new idea, but I'm still thinking.
  • Paper cones with yarn pom poms in my colors. I'm an avid knitter so it was a no brainer for me. Question is, how much do I put out? A cone for every seat or just the aisle seats? 
  • I was thinking of white rose petals since those are in my bouquet but we'll probably hand out sparklers for people to light. Our wedding is outside, at night in July. I can't wait!!! Smile
  • Silly String!  Why?  Because we are both silly, so we thought it would be fitting.  :) 
  • I know ribbon wands got a bad rap on the Knot awhile ago, but I still like them!  I've heard complaints about it looking silly to have grown men and grandpas wave them, but honestly, having grown men blow bubbles looks about the same haha!  

We'll probably either do the ribbon wands or possibly release butterflies, if I can verify that it is completely humane, safe, and permissible.  Our ceremony is outside in a garden, so it could be fun either way.  
  • We are having our guests ring mini bells when we come out. Our last name will be Bell...so it fits perfect!
    Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker T L = Mr. & Mrs. Bell 8.28.2010
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_poll-throwing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:667Discussion:dc9a2798-913c-4cd6-a68f-64912b451a13Post:c5dfd56c-6fea-4a27-b725-18fdc03a649b">Re: Poll--What are you throwing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having our guests ring mini bells when we come out. Our last name will be Bell...so it fits perfect!
    Posted by Tony&Lindsey[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh that's a perfect compliment to your last name!  Great idea!</div>
  • Bubbles! they arent gonna throw the bubbles at us just blow them! lol
  • Probably lavender. I had considered rose petals but it might be out of our price range. We are definitely doing a big getaway which will involve the guests throwing something but I haven't researched prices yet. It isn't a huge priority right now.
    Anniversary
  • My FI and I met at Ironman Louisville so we're having custom made confetti in the shape of the Ironman M-Dot logo made for our guests to throw (we're also thinking of putting M-Dots on the cupcakes).
  • im gonna allow pearl barley thrown. because its biodegradable and light and if the wind does carry some of it off, welcome is the growth. barley can be beautiful if left alone...
  • i don't think we're throwing anything- however i did see these adorable pinwheels in a magazine..which i've seriously been considering
  • edited February 2010
    Our guests aren't so much throwing as popping! We are going with these biodegradable wedding poppers! They are better for the environment (we don't have to worry about cleaning it up afterwards!) and still make for excellent photo opportunities! They are also very inexpensive!

http://persnicketygifts.theaspenshops.com/product/have-a-blast-biodegradable-celebratory-wedding.html/categoryid=e1ca37cd-a020-49dd-bf71-5e5ad7ae46c2
  • We're going to have guests throw freeze-dried rose petals and rose buds right as we walk down the aisle after being announced as husband and wife. We're having the outdoor ceremony and reception at the same location, so we're not really leaving to go anywhere. Plus, it'll make for a great photo opp, and it's also environmentally friendly. Smile

~ })i({ ~ The Future Mrs. Yost ~ })i({ ~
  • not throwing anything. we are having 2 white doves released as we walk out of the church
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards