Students

Baby Fever?? :/

hi ladies,

lately i have been struggling with baby fever. I DO NOT want a baby now (or for at least a few years after I get married) i am NOT trying to have one or engaging in any risky behavior. I definitely understand the implications and I do not need to be told to wait because I am going to.

I don't really know what brings this on but since I started college in '08 I will periodically become obsessed with wanting to be pregnant. It only lasts for a month or 2 and then the urge is gone.

i haven't had sex in over a month (personal reasons, relationship is fine) and I don't know if my pent up desire to have sex is causing this??? The urge is more directed to actually being pregnant rather than having a baby.

I feel jealous of my friends who have kids even though I am very glad to not be in the teen/young mom situation and I plan on pursuing a career/getting more education before even thinking about having a baby.

I can't sleep right now and when I go to sleep I dream about babies. I just feel like I need to rant about this. Anybody else ever feel this way?

Anniversary Birthday

Re: Baby Fever?? :/

• Promise not to call me crazy!  (also, I bet we're the same age, I started school in '08 too)

I understand this completely.  Every little while, I get totally baby crazy, I think about them, dream about them, and get envious of my knocked up friends. I can't wait for babies and everything associated with them, from having strangers touch my stomach to staying up all night. 
    Like you said, I would never actually consider having a baby at this point, and take all precautions to avoid it, but it can be distracting! 
    I don't know weather to say "don't worry, this happens to me too, your not crazy", or "don't worry, you're crazy but your not the only one." haha.  Either way, I'm glad I'm not the only one this happens too. 
  • I'm gonna go with "don't worry, you're crazy but you're not the only one". I think it's just hormonal swings, it happens to me too. It's like sometimes I can't even walk past the baby clothes in Target without just going "ahhhhhh I WANT one". It's distracting for sure, but as long as your head is rational about it your ovaries can say whatever they want.
  • I so totally dig you on this.

I've been engaged about a year and 3 months at this point and a few months go, maybe almost before the year mark I went through the "OMG BAABY!" phase. I think it was just some part of me realized that I was getting married and going to one day (not as far off as I once thought!) was going to be having children with my true love. It was an exhilerating feeling and I couldn't shake it for a while. I honestly don't think that I have shaken it. Everytime I see a baby or young child I get all giddy and excited. The worst/best part is that my fiance is the same way. We both get all smiles and awww and ga-ga over babies. We have even picked out our kids names and how many we want already. It's crazy and silly. We're 20 going on 21 soon and nowhere near ready for babies (not by a looong shot!) but we know that the day when we are is around the corner. 

Like PP's said, you are not alone. I agree that it's probably hormonal for myself and probably you too. But i know for me it's mostly just the happiness at the thought of having a family with my fiance :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What's funny is that I have a lot of reservations about having children - the loss of independence, the loss of income, my own worries about being a bad mother, about my children ending up with one of several mental health illnesses that run in my family - and my FI has some of the same fears, so we've never said for sure that we'll have kids. But every now and then I have the same feeling when I look at pregnant women. But I totally agree - I just want to be pregnant, and just for a day! I do NOT actually want a child!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • When FSIL announced her pregnancy, I went "OMG I want one right NOW!" Even though I do not. 

I think baby fever is a pretty normal part of being a female haha. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • I can totally relate. In fact, my FI can too. I'm not really sure what it is, but we're both really excited about becoming parents. Mind you, we both know that we're nowhere near ready financially, mentally, etc. And yes, the thought of becoming a mother and being responsible for turning a human into a productive member of society DOES freak me out...A lot. But still.

But yeah, I definitely go through bouts where I'm super tempted to buy a baby outfit or a doll or something. Every time this happens I just tell FI, "My uterus is tingling!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_baby-fever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:5ff03e1f-cb6d-4ab8-9742-36bf7c8f9b33Post:b041b5b1-3c5b-4156-945c-bab6cb150cff">Re: Baby Fever?? :/</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can totally relate. In fact, my FI can too. I'm not really sure what it is, but we're both really excited about becoming parents. Mind you, we both know that we're nowhere near ready financially, mentally, etc. And yes, the thought of becoming a mother and being responsible for turning a human into a productive member of society DOES freak me out...A lot. But still. But yeah, I definitely go through bouts where I'm super tempted to buy a baby outfit or a doll or something. <strong>Every time this happens I just tell FI, "My uterus is tingling!"</strong>
    Posted by BunnyChii[/QUOTE]

I usually go with "My ovaries are crying!", but same sentiment!
  • I feel the same way sometimes, but I try to just push it into looking towards the future.  I'm the only girl in my family that is actually going to have a degree and a husband when we have our first child.  I know I'm going the right route but I'm jealous that all of my cousins have babies and I don't (I'm older then them by at least 3 years). 

To try and help I'm preparing for that time when I can have a baby.  I'm training my FI to be cleaner and pick up his toys.  We are buying a new car because mine is dying and we are looking at cars that will be baby friendly and have lots of space.  I'm glad my FI understands and just lets me do all this crazy stuff and smiles.
    Payday
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards