June 2012 Weddings

Monday Checks

We had a productive weekend wedding wise.

-booked bagpiper
-got things lined up for the sabre arch
-ordered tickets for the Reds game
-I finished the bouquet for my bridal portraits/toss bouquet. I had originally put orange ribbon on but we felt it would contrast too much with the dress.
-blinged out my shoes
-finished the candle decorations for the tables

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday Checks

• That all looks great, Ash!!

Do you mind me asking how much y'all are paying for your bagpiper? That's one of FI's March To Dos and I was just curious of a comp.

• $250, not including tip. He is going to play during our recessional, as the guests wait outside before the sabre arch and he will walk the guests to the reception from the church. It's about a 300 yard walk. He is the bagpipe instruction at VMI.
  • Looks great! We had a productive weekend, too: Went to the jeweler's, FI saw a wax mold of his ring and decided he wanted it thinner. I saw what the jeweler had so far with my design and we got the design finalized. Next step will be the wax mold :) I also decided on jewelry. I found a pretty heart pendant and I'm getting the pendant and chain for the prices on the tags, which are at least 6 months old. All she has to do is swap out the emerald for a ruby. Then my earrings are going to be custom made and will be hearts with a ruby and a diamond in the middle. Went to Hobby Lobby and got a program/card basket, a bunch of blue and yellow paper for our tables and for the table assignment lists, and we saw that we can rent an arch for pretty cheap. I'm going to look at other places, like Michael's, so find the best price. I'm excited because I've always wanted one for the altar, but I've always though they were expensive.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • L&J2012L&J2012 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    My phone won't let me type more than a certain amount... I also put our invites and RSVPs in their envelopes. I'm going to spread out the addressing over the month of march so that they'll look nice :) We also finalized our ceremony and readers with the officiant.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Congrats on the checks so far everyone!

I finished 20 more invites yesterday so now I am over half way done.

• I ordered my labels needed for my candy buffet favor bags.
    I also ordered more ink to be able to print them out.

I was going to work on addressing more invitations yesterday, but I ended up hanging out over a friends house and talking with her while our sons played. I needed the adult time. So, hoping to work on more of them tonight. I'm already more than half way done so it's not too bad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • -Designed and paid the deposit for our invitations
    -Scheduled cake tasting for Sunday

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didnt have a productive wedding weekend.... but I did get Carters 4 yr pictures taken and even got Sugar to cooperate enough to be in some of them! I will have the proofs back next week, but from what I saw on the computer they are super cute! :)

We are meeting with the florist tomorrow... this is our 3rd meeting and the 3rd time I have changed my mind on flowers. It is exhausting! Now that we are four months out I think I am set on the flowers I picked.
  • OOOO!!! And we decided on suits! We got a pretty decent at the bridal shop I purchased my dress, so we decided to rent instead of buying. I was a little ticked when I left though about all of the "hidden costs." I mean seriously.... $9 for a pocket square??? We skipped that. Here is a pic of the suit we went with.... except the ties will be navy and the little boys will have pink bow ties. CANT WAIT! Carter just LOVED trying everything on! :)

• Chelsea! I don't remember where your BM dresses came from, but if they came from DB, you can use their $1 color samples as pocket squares. Even if you didn't get the dresses from DB and they have a color close enough to what you'd need, I'd go that route.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_monday-checks-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:6401b2ca-aa71-4c47-9b68-a7726c73902dPost:6569619d-53f0-4622-8387-fb27483f21ae">Re: Monday Checks</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chelsea! I don't remember where your BM dresses came from, but if they came from DB, you can use their $1 color samples as pocket squares. Even if you didn't get the dresses from DB and they have a color close enough to what you'd need, I'd go that route.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jess! That is amazing advice! I am going to look into it. Our BM dresses are from JCrew and the navy is super, super dark, but I am going to check out DB and see if there is anything that is close to the color!

Question.... does bout go on the other side (opposite the pocket square)??
  • We had our cake tasting yesterday which was great!! So many flavors.....We decided on flavors and are going to go with that girl. She is pretty laid back but seems to know what she's doing which will be great for us. Also we tried to found bowties for the GM/usher with no luck. I think we'll end up ordering online. I've been trying to get FI involved in all the planning and I think it's hit him that it's crunch time. lol

June2012 Siggy for March:Honeymoon in Panama City Beach
    image 288 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 34 Will be missing out!
    image 206 Are MIA!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • As far as checks are concerned, Mom and I worked on bouquets this weekend and got most of them finished!

This is one of them:

I absolutely love them and I honestly didn't think I'd like the ribbons hanging from the front, but I LOVE IT. All of them, including mine will be pretty much the same except mine is bigger. The handle on mine is blue ribbon with three sections of the white sparkly ribbon. 3 of the BM bouquets have blue handles and the other 3 have yellow handles. They will alternate.

I also put some blue ribbon on our unity candle:

Oh, and I had my first Bridezilla moment, to FI, and I felt like a jerk. We were supposed to go to the Tux shop at the beginning of this month, but wound up not being able to. We are going this weekend and I thought I had made that clear to him that we have to, but he tried to say we might not be able to again. I flipped and said we HAVE to go. Thankfully it was just us in the car. I felt horrible.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_monday-checks-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:6401b2ca-aa71-4c47-9b68-a7726c73902dPost:9af5eee0-d730-4f6c-83fb-3e1105fe4590">Re: Monday Checks</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Checks : Thanks Jess! That is amazing advice! I am going to look into it. Our BM dresses are from JCrew and the navy is super, super dark, but I am going to check out DB and see if there is anything that is close to the color! Question.... does bout go on the other side (opposite the pocket square)??
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]

No problem! One of my BMs taught me that one. Just spreading the love. :) As for your question, I have no idea.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_monday-checks-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:6401b2ca-aa71-4c47-9b68-a7726c73902dPost:17817f7a-29b6-4c1f-8576-26b6ba5f3ec7">Re: Monday Checks</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didnt have a productive wedding weekend.... but I did get Carters 4 yr pictures taken and even got Sugar to cooperate enough to be in some of them! I will have the proofs back next week, but from what I saw on the computer they are super cute! :) <strong>We are meeting with the florist tomorrow... this is our 3rd meeting and the 3rd time I have changed my mind on flowers. It is exhausting! Now that we are four months out I think I am set on the flowers I picked.
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]</strong><div><strong>
    </strong></div><div>I feel your pain, I have also changed my mind so many times about flowers! It's so crazy because in the begging I never thought flowers were important! I just told my florist last week if I try to change them again, don't let me! I actually changed my mind one time because one of your inspiration pictures, I think it's your bouquet, all white flower with white roses and white gerbera daisies. My bridesmaids will be carrying those bouquets now and I don't think I will change my mind again,because I love them! So thank you, I finally made a decision because for you!!

</div>
  • Chelsea, our GM's are where that same exact suit! I LOVE it!

We finally decided on a favor! Thank goodness!

I am also in the process of working on invitations so I hope I have that checked off soon.
  • Midge! That's brilliant! Thank you for sharing! I will do the same thing because I believe our oasis colors from Jos A Banks and DB are the same and 9 dollars is a crazy amount to pay for a pocket square
  • I got a bunch of things done this weekend, I'm feeling a little accomplished!

-My dress is finally In! I going tomorrow to try it on, I can't wait! I haven't seen it for 7 months!!
    -I ordered some gifts for my bridesmaids this weekend.
    -Made final decisions on all flowers(Finally I hope, I can't change my mind again!!)
    -Dropped address' and envelops off to invitation lady for calligraphy
    -Bought guest book signature frame 
    -Bought thank you cards for bridal shower

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_monday-checks-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:6401b2ca-aa71-4c47-9b68-a7726c73902dPost:4920f862-f924-465e-876c-a514323f6b47">Re: Monday Checks</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Checks : I feel your pain, I have also changed my mind so many times about flowers! It's so crazy because in the begging I never thought flowers were important! I just told my florist last week if I try to change them again, don't let me! I actually changed my mind one time because one of your inspiration pictures, I think it's your bouquet, all white flower with white roses and white gerbera daisies. My bridesmaids will be carrying those bouquets now and I don't think I will change my mind again,because I love them! So thank you, I finally made a decision because for you!!
    Posted by Jessica632011[/QUOTE]

Glad I could help!! I also dont really care about the flowers.... or maybe I do. I dont know. I keep changing my mind because I keep realzing that ALL flowers are gorgeous and I dont care which ones so why spend the extra money! I am going to be carrying the all white rose, hydrangea and gerber daisy bouquet... I think it is SOOO pretty!! :)
  • Oh, and I keep forgetting things that we did this weekend. We also decided on (different) BM and GM gifts. I loved the box idea but I saw these engraved wooden pens (clicky) on Etsy and fell in love with them. We're going to get them for the entire WP, minus children.
  • Wow ladies!! Grreat checks!!!

We had a productive weekend as well!!
    -Paid off my dress- I only need the neck adjusted so minimal alterations (its' a halter)

- Found out FI parents are paying for the RD AND the Honeymoon!!! This is huge for us as we are both paying for the wedding and I did not expect them to pay for anything as we're older and all.

-RD booked

- FI settled on our Honeymoon and Wedding Night Hotel

-Tuxes- After two stores FI chose his tux and it's super hot!! Can't wait to see him in it!! wowsers!!

-Today we book the DJ!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • FI and I booked our honeymoon!! We're going to the Now Jade resort in Riveria Maya. I think I'm more excited about this than our wedding. We also met with our priest to get the required classes and counseling started, as well as met with our reception catering coordinator. Found out that we have to have assigned seats for our reception, so that should be a fun challenge for FI and me :) It's been kind of hard planning a wedding from OOT, so it was great to get all of this done.
  • We also picked out all of FIs pictures for our slideshow that my uncle is making for us. It was SO much fun looking through all of FI's pictures!! :)
  • cwill6212cwill6212 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I had quite a big list for the month of Feb---so I decided to take a pulse check on my Feb to-do list and see how I've done!

x-register
    x-order cake
    -find card box (in the works; need to schedule a shopping night with friend)
    x-make guest book
    x-address and put together invitations
    -finalize menu with car (caterer is tied up with 3/3 wedding; will finalize after that date)
    x-have dress fitting to figure out alterations
    x-shop for flowers and get bouquets rolling
    x-set date for bridal shower and compose guest list
    x-find dress for MOH
    x-find bride and groom accessories (shoes, jewelry, etc,)
    -compose day of timeline, map and checklists (still need to work on this)
    x-work on Plan B tent arrangement (in case of rain)

Wow I guess I didn't realize how much I accomplished. And even a few things that were not on the list!

x-decor for tent since ceremony will now be under tent regardless of weather (friend who is handling card box also has this area covered)
    x-arrangements for hair & makeup for bride
    x-help MOH by reserving claasroom @ my school for bridal shower
    x-bridal shower cake (friend volunteered her services)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_monday-checks-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:6401b2ca-aa71-4c47-9b68-a7726c73902dPost:e2e43ba4-9e8d-4e2c-989a-b8e6d2d5cea5">Re: Monday Checks</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had quite a big list for the month of Feb---so I decided to take a pulse check on my Feb to-do list and see how I've done! x - register x -order cake -find card box (in the works; need to schedule a shopping night with friend) x -make guest book x -address and put together invitations -finalize menu with car (caterer is tied up with 3/3 wedding; will finalize after that date) x -have dress fitting to figure out alterations x -shop for flowers and get bouquets rolling x -set date for bridal shower and compose guest list x -find dress for MOH x -find bride and groom accessories (shoes, jewelry, etc,) -compose day of timeline, map and checklists (still need to work on this) x -work on Plan B tent arrangement (in case of rain) Wow I guess I didn't realize how much I accomplished. And even a few things that were not on the list! x -decor for tent since ceremony will now be under tent regardless of weather  (friend who is handling card box also has this area covered) x -arrangements for hair & makeup for bride x -help MOH by reserving claasroom @ my school for bridal shower x -bridal shower cake (friend volunteered her services)
    Posted by cwill6212[/QUOTE]

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are amazing!! Nice work!!!
  • I think FMIL decided on a dress!

• I designed our rehearsal dinner invite, did some budget math (vomit) and also scheduled our cake tasting for when we're back in NJ this weekend. I'm annoyed we can't do the tasting and design consult all at once, but whatever; this cake is included in our reception package so I'll get over it.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Nothing much this weekend since I was super busy but today:

~ Talked to the cake baker and confirmed some adjustments in the design - more bling to the cake and a taller, thinner top tier.

~ Talked to the makeup artist and booked a trial

~ Decided against a dress MOH picked - it was a semi naked lady prom dress so no.

~ Confirmed all the other members of the WP's dress fittings in April.

I think that's all - this weekend I'm committing to addressing and stuffing invitations.
    Vacation White Knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_monday-checks-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:6401b2ca-aa71-4c47-9b68-a7726c73902dPost:ed72cf1e-ff9c-42ec-b6fe-e15144a16d0e">Re: Monday Checks</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got a bunch of things done this weekend, I'm feeling a little accomplished! -<strong>My dress is finally In! I going tomorrow to try it on, I can't wait! I haven't seen it for 7 months!! </strong>-I ordered some gifts for my bridesmaids this weekend. -Made final decisions on all flowers(Finally I hope, I can't change my mind again!!) -Dropped address' and envelops off to invitation lady for calligraphy -Bought guest book signature frame  -Bought thank you cards for bridal shower
    Posted by Jessica632011[/QUOTE]
    yay!! don't forget how much we like pics
  • CWill, you got a lot done! that's great.

Jess, that is grea advice for the pocket squares!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards