Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Ideas on Studio Blue photography?

I recently put in a deposit for using Studio Blue (the sister company of Bella) and was wondering if any one else has used them and what they thought of their experience. The price was good for my budget ($1030 -- they had a promotion sale), and I just want to make sure that I am not setting myself up for problems. I've gone over the contract many times, and it seems that it is safe in the order of seeing the photographer's portfolio, etc. before the wedding and being able to select a style I want, but I would like some experienced reviews?? Thanks!

Re: Ideas on Studio Blue photography?

• Options
    sdump1sdump1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it's like Bella I would steer away from them ( but it is kind of late if you already paid the deposit ).

With Bella it is a hit or miss. You don't know who your photographer is until the day of the wedding. They just assign one from their  pool, so what you saw on their portfolio might not ( most likely will not )  be the same guy that will shoot your wedding.

The only thing good about Bella is their sales people.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Rebecca,
    We also have a tight budget on a photographer and found studio blue's pricing and on line convenience appealing.  I've searched high and low for online reviews and have only found 1 really negative review who's complaint was that it took a while to received their photos.  I'm not to worried about that, I'm willing to wait then it's like being at your wedding all over again seeing the photos when they finally get to you.  All the other negative feedback I have seen was from people who did not use them but just put their 2 cents in on what they have heard.  Have you found any other reviews?  I'm really looking to book asap.  Are you having any regrets?
    We are in this together ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have noticed that the people who put negative reviews in on Bella and Studio Blue have never used them or are photographers who dont want Bella stealing their business. Do a google search for Bella Photography reviews and there are thousands of great reviews.
  • Options
    efitzgerefitzger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    best to loose your deposit.  you will not be happy
  • Options
    efitzgerefitzger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used them.  I have personal experience.  They were nice people at first, garaunteed I would be happy and pay the lowest price.  2 weeks later their price went down and they would not honor it.  They were bought by Walmart.  What does that tell you.  They are a machine.  If anything is wrong, they give you the run around. Lots of promises not a lot of keeping of them.  On to the pictures.  Not what I wanted.  They restrict their photographers and tell them to shoot generically.  I wanted artsy and I got grainy and out of focus. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards