Snarky Brides

Unpopular Opinions

Re: Unpopular Opinions

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:28633516-226e-4eb0-a8dd-c31d36ad9af4">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions : I agree with this, but I also think birth control is equally as complex. Its not just about not getting KU
    Posted by DNAtime[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that it was, and I don't know that anyone else is saying that either.

But if you're going to compare, then do it correctly.  They're BOTH complex issues with many different ramifications.  It's stupid to oversimplify something just to make a point, especially when oversimplifying something invalidates your argument.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:29c05dd7-a45f-4034-bcca-a307805368c6">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions : I didn't say that it was, and I don't know that anyone else is saying that either. But if you're going to compare, then do it correctly.  They're BOTH complex issues with many different ramifications.  It's stupid to oversimplify something just to make a point, especially when oversimplifying something invalidates your argument.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

I felt it was mentioned.
  • Sesh,  you cannot compare the market for meth with the market for people's desires to know mundane things about celebrities. 

Also, I think it is far more offending when I see people picking their nose in public than when women breast feed.
    panther
  • If I weren't so lazy and it wasn't rather difficult I would seriously consider moving to Canadia. My own mindset is much more suited to their culture. Not sure about the weather though. 

Had a conversation with a friend in Toronto and much like Nebb she was quite flabbergasted by both our health care system and our obsession with and attempt's to control people's sex lives. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:6972108c-fae4-43bf-b3a0-556ee224d4e7">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions : I have never been able to pump enough to have enough stored up, so for some woman that is not an option.And should I go sit on the toilet in a public restroom to do it? I'll feed my son in the bathroom as soon as other people want to eat their meals in there.  <strong>To m be honest, I don't care if people are "not  okay with it". I am not forcing anyone to watch me nurse.</strong>
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]
    <p>But what if someone wants to poop in public. By your wording here, its ok because theyre not forcing you to watch. Pooping is a natural body function just like breast feeding, you "need" to do both, so its somewhat the same.</p><p> </p><p>Not that im advocating for pooping in public, but I believe that if it CAN make people uncomfortable, you should use discretion and understand that people may have an issue with it. Not that im arguing with you since youve already said you are discreet. Using general you here.</p><p> </p><p>Also, im not trying to turn the topic into poop. I want to make that clear.</p>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:e77b678b-d24b-4f99-8662-99c4502c3aa0">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions : Not all women/babies can pump/bottle feed, so no, there aren't always other options. I'm not ok with seeing chicks with their underwear hanging out of mini skirts but it's still done. People just need to mature enough to look away and mind the business.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  There is much more "indecency" just walking through the mall than breastfeeding shows.  I don't get why people are so uncomfortable with seeing it. 

Anyone who doesn't want to see it.. may I ask why?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:0d740fb6-6570-4fb1-bec6-be0ca86dd8a3">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]It honestly doesn't bother me to see a baby being nursed even while not being covered up. It does however make my husband uncomfortable because he doesn't know how to react. <strong>However, It really bothers me when I am in a restaurant and a child walks up to their mom and asks for the boob.</strong> If your child is old enough to eat solid food I should not have to see you nurse him/her in public, at this point, I don't feel its necessary to have to do while you are out.
    Posted by alynne1113[/QUOTE]
    This part I agree with. I think that if they can ask for milk, with words, they need it in a cup. At that point, nursing is mainly for comfort. There are other ways to comfort your child. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:25bb2682-a9ab-468d-a91e-1645ee928aff">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions : Does this happen often? Infants begin eating solids at 6 months (more or less) but require bm or formula until at least 1 year, preferably 2. So just because they can eat solids doesn't mean they don't need milk.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

I have seen it on enough occasions for it to bother me.

I don't need to see a two year old being BF even if it is recommended to BF until two. That kid isn't going to starve eating his/her solids and it can wait until they aren't in public anymore if the mother wishes to BF.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:9759b314-8dcb-49dc-97fe-fa8f94dd0dcc">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sitting here in Canadaland where I can go to the doctor whenever I want and have all the testing I need and never be out more than the cost of parking, it horrifies me the amount of money out of pocket you (americans) pay for the same treatment. 
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I need to move to Canada.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:1c6ab066-4ca8-43cc-aca2-4336696fcf35">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is more relevant to my geographical area, but:  I hate the Mayo Clinic.  If I had another option for quality healthcare, I would 100% take my business elsewhere.  They have no business being world renowned. I said this the other day, but I support abortion.  Not only that, but I believe that many times, abortion is a better choice than having a baby and trying to care for it or putting it up for adoption (in a situation where the baby was an accident to someone that really does not want to or cannot care for it).  <strong>I understand that there are MANY MANY people out there that desperately want children and that adoption is the only choice for some people.  I fully support adoption in that case. What I can't support is children ending up in the foster system</strong>.  There are good foster parents out there, and thank god for them, but I have seen too many broken children from the foster system, and I do believe that some of them would be better off not born at all.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I agree.  I mean, I don't advocate "oh, go have unprotected sex, and if you get pregnant just go get an abortion, NBD!", but even the most careful people can still get pregnant unintentionally.  I also hate the argument that someone should give their child up for adoption instead of having an abortion because "there are so many loving people who WANT to adopt!"  Yes, that's true, but there are also thousands of children who are ALREADY waiting to be adopted/in foster care.</div><div>
    </div><div>

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:a28b1ab4-7eb7-42ea-bf85-e5917f5c9d92">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions : Yep!  There is such a flaw with teachers unions (and unions in general).  They were created 100ish years ago to protect workers from unfair conditions.  But this was also a time where the media was close to nonexistent and people had a hard time standing up for their rights. Not to mention, it was not nearly as easy or common to sue back in the day. Nowadays, with the media as widespread as it is, and as many lawyers as they are willing to help people, the purposes of the unions aren't really useful or necessary anymore.  I've seen, on more than one occasion, a teacher not be fired because the union protected them.  Said teacher had done things like verbally abusing students, stealing from the school, or lliterally refusing to teach now that they were tenured (so they couldn't be fired).  The unions fought for these teachers to keep their jobs each time.  Yet there are a ton of good teachres out there that can't get jobs because the ones that DO have a job aren't being held accountable for the job they are doing because the unions won't let any accounability roll. <strong> People don't need unions in order to stand up for themselves anymore.</strong>
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

<div>I completely disagree and there is no way in HELL that I would do my job without a union. If I didn't have a union there would be NO control over how much duty I have to do in a week, how much prep time I get or who controls it, how many staff meetings we have, nobody to advocate for my working conditions or increases to my pay.  That doesn't even cover the fact that they pay for my legal costs if there is an allegation made against me - regardless of whether it is true or not. I get that it sucks that teachers who are *ucking the system but that is true in any system.  Does there need to be a process for dealing with incompetence, hell yes, but there is absolutely a place for the union in teaching, there is no other way to ensure that the working conditions of teachers across a region (in our case province) are equitable. </div><div>
    </div><div>For the record, I was completely against unions until I began teaching. After a year in my profession I became involved in the union and within a year was highly involved. I was actually at the table (one of only two teachers for my school board) during negotiation last round and I have a completely different perspective on unions as a result of my involvement. Also, in 11 years of teaching, I have met only 2 completely incompetent teachers and they have both been 'fired' since...perhaps our system here is just different than in the US (we don't call it tenure but for all intensive purposes I have tenure) but it works. It take a while to get a teacher out (unless it is abuse, then it is immediate) but it does happen.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:99b4e2cb-731f-4e2e-a299-7562ef12e9e0">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions : But what if someone wants to poop in public. By your wording here, its ok because theyre not forcing you to watch. Pooping is a natural body function just like breast feeding, you "need" to do both, so its somewhat the same.   Not that im advocating for pooping in public, but I believe that if it CAN make people uncomfortable, you should use discretion and understand that people may have an issue with it. Not that im arguing with you since youve already said you are discreet. Using general you here.   Also, im not trying to turn the topic into poop. I want to make that clear.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Pooping is not a need like breastfeeding is.  One is dispelling of waste, one is used to feed another human being.  Huge difference.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:99b4e2cb-731f-4e2e-a299-7562ef12e9e0">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions : But what if someone wants to poop in public. By your wording here, its ok because theyre not forcing you to watch. Pooping is a natural body function just like breast feeding, you "need" to do both, so its somewhat the same.   Not that im advocating for pooping in public, but I believe that if it CAN make people uncomfortable, you should use discretion and understand that people may have an issue with it. Not that im arguing with you since youve already said you are discreet. Using general you here.   Also, im not trying to turn the topic into poop. I want to make that clear.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    TK ate my post for some reason.. but I don't equate pooping to breastfeeding.  One is expelling a bodily waste, the other is feeding a baby.  Huge difference.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:5b7f1ad5-0d26-4f5a-9a7b-743cf78a7a1d">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions : I agree.  I mean, I don't advocate "oh, go have unprotected sex, and if you get pregnant just go get an abortion, NBD!", but even the most careful people can still get pregnant unintentionally.  I also hate the argument that someone should give their child up for adoption instead of having an abortion because "there are so many loving people who WANT to adopt!"  <strong>Yes, that's true, but there are also thousands of children who are ALREADY waiting to be adopted/in foster care.</strong>
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree. AND, adoption is difficult. Far too many people are turned down that might make wonderful parents. Beyond that, adoption is incredibly expensive. I would love to adopt a child someday, but I don't see that happening because it's <em>so </em>expensive.</div>
  • How do nursing mothers feel about nursing rooms? Do such things exist? And, of course, I don't mean the bathroom here, but an actual place to go for privacy.

The poop = breastfeeding argument really doesn't fly. We don't want to see people pooing in public, so we build the poop rooms in every single establishment. Not even close to being the same thing.

(FTR I'm cool with discrete breastfeeding, which is what I see 99% of the time. But the occasional full boob flash or toddler-boobie action does gross me out...for about a minute then I forget about it.)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:76807e34-4d65-4ed4-82bb-d8f1c9bb1c04">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions : This part I agree with. I think that if they can ask for milk, with words, they need it in a cup. At that point, nursing is mainly for comfort. There are other ways to comfort your child. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

<div>SIL also does this with my niece. She's two, and I've never seen the kid with a beverage in a cup. This sounds crass, but she sort of uses her mom as a water fountain, asking for "moo moo" whenever she's thirsty.</div><div>
    </div><div>Then again, SIL also refuses to wear a nursing tank or take any steps to attempt to be modest. That bothers me. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:719d0051-d635-4774-b552-8044a5e8bfca">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions : I agree. AND, adoption is difficult. Far too many people are turned down that might make wonderful parents. Beyond that, adoption is incredibly expensive. I would love to adopt a child someday, but I don't see that happening because it's so  expensive.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

<div>I completely agree with you.  H and I have seriously looked into adoption and omg... I don't know how we're going to afford it.  I mean, we'll have to find a way, but holy wow it's expensive.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I can use another comparison to what there is a market for if you'd prefer. It really doesn't matter. Just because people want it, that doesn't mean they should get it. Especially at someone else's expense. That was my point. If you're going to argue why the paparrazi are justified, the fact that there is a market should make no difference. Also, I don't know why I care about this as much as I do. I realize it's a stupid thing to be annoyed by (the paps, not you).

Boob pumping sounds painful. If BFing means less pain for the momma, then so be it. To be honest, I don't think I've ever seen a woman BFing in public. Either I don't go out enough to see it, or I just don't pay attention. Wait, no I did see it at the zoo, but because I walked up on them in the designated privacy areas to see if I could close up. But that doesn't count.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

But there is a specific place where it is acceptable to poop - it is called a bathroom. It is not acceptable to anyone to drop a log in the dining room of the Cracker Barrel.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Well WTF TK stop eating my freaking posts.

I can't get on board with comparing pooping to breastfeeding.  Yeah both are bodily functions, but one is dispelling waste, the other is feeding a baby.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:1db24989-8d4f-4b7d-bd5b-c76dc0c391c8">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]How do nursing mothers feel about nursing rooms? Do such things exist? And, of course, I don't mean the bathroom here, but an actual place to go for privacy. The poop = breastfeeding argument really doesn't fly. We don't want to see people pooing in public, so we build the poop rooms in every single establishment. Not even close to being the same thing. (FTR I'm cool with discrete breastfeeding, which is what I see 99% of the time. But the occasional full boob flash or toddler-boobie action does gross me out...for about a minute then I forget about it.)
    Posted by Rummi302[/QUOTE]
    I need to know why it doesnt fly other than there being "poop rooms". There are rooms for women to breast feed too so its exactly the same.
  • Sarah & J&K are giving me metaphorical boners in here.

I consider myself pro-abortion (I'm pretty sure I've said this before).

I am all about NIP (though I'm not certain that if I had any kids, I'd breastfeed em)

And based on this thread, this is an unpop op:  I hate when skinny people get indignant about the "love your curves" crap.  

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:719d0051-d635-4774-b552-8044a5e8bfca">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions : I agree. AND, adoption is difficult. Far too many people are turned down that might make wonderful parents. <strong>Beyond that, adoption is incredibly expensive.</strong> I would love to adopt a child someday, but I don't see that happening because it's so  expensive.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

<div>It doesn't have to be. BIL (the not-crazy one) adopted his son, and it was quite affordable, even on his working-class income. </div><div>
    </div><div>The difference? He adopted a two year old Mexican boy, rather than a white infant. </div><div>
    </div><div>If you don't insist on a white infant, you can generally adopt with less time and money. That's not a hard and fast rule, but it's what my cousin (a family lawyer who handles adoptions) and my handful of friends who have adopted have told me.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: They all went through county agencies, rather than private adoption agencies.</div>

• When I was a waitress and someone would come in with their young children and let them have unlimited pop (we are talking 2-3 adult size glasses) with their meal I always judged them as bad parents.

Also, I think fat kids are mostly the parents fault. A 6 year old isn't buying their own food and cooking meals. I understand some people have health issues but I think a lot of it is just plain laziness on the parents part.

My little brother is morbidly obese and has been since he was a young child, it is 100% my parents fault as they let him sit around and play video games and eat whatever he wanted (this was not how I was raised btw) because my mom felt she had already "done" the parenting thing with my and my brother and was to tired to fight with kids anymore.
    If thats the case, don't have more kids. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:1db24989-8d4f-4b7d-bd5b-c76dc0c391c8">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]How do nursing mothers feel about nursing rooms? Do such things exist? And, of course, I don't mean the bathroom here, but an actual place to go for privacy. The poop = breastfeeding argument really doesn't fly. We don't want to see people pooing in public, so we build the poop rooms in every single establishment. Not even close to being the same thing. (FTR I'm cool with discrete breastfeeding, which is what I see 99% of the time. But the occasional full boob flash or toddler-boobie action does gross me out...for about a minute then I forget about it.)

Lets say you and I go out to dinner with the baby there. Would you prefer that I sit and nurse discretely with you, while we continue our meal and conversation, or that I leave you alone for a half hour so I can nurse (which means my meal is ruined, and you eat alone)?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:1db24989-8d4f-4b7d-bd5b-c76dc0c391c8">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]How do nursing mothers feel about nursing rooms? Do such things exist? And, of course, I don't mean the bathroom here, but an actual place to go for privacy. The poop = breastfeeding argument really doesn't fly.<strong> We don't want to see people pooing in public, so we build the poop rooms in every single establishment</strong>. Not even close to being the same thing. (FTR I'm cool with discrete breastfeeding, which is what I see 99% of the time. But the occasional full boob flash or toddler-boobie action does gross me out...for about a minute then I forget about it.)

<div>Public bathrooms were also invented for the hygiene aspect - a place to dispose of our waste and wash our hands to prevent from spreading disease.  So I don't see it as the same thing at all. </div>
  • H and i looked into adoption but wouldn't qualify as "fit parents' due to our age difference, work status (most VA agencies require a stay at home parents at least one year ) and because we are an inter-racial couple (gasp!)

I would love a nursing room. Very few businesses have them. It also goes along with what Dot/Nebb are saying. If a human needs to pee there is an appropriate place to do it. If there were a sanitary and safe place to nurse my infant (who can't just wait another 30 minutes for when it's more appropriate) I would gladly use it. No bathrooms are not such a place.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:1ae9241a-d77f-4bae-98eb-26146691f520">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions : i understand that, my sister was exactly in that boat.  I am not suggesting that you have to feed your baby in the bathroom but whipping it out in public without coverage is not cool IMO. There are needs that need to be met for children and adults every day that are delayed or controlled by social norms and even regulations.  I am pretty sure if my potty training child just peed wherever he stood people would be upset about it.  So why isn't the argument the same?  Well my kid HAD to pee so he did it on your shoes get over it it it's natual.  What if I had to change my clothes or a bandage or a tampon?  Why can't I do that wherever I feel like it like in line at the grocery store or at the table in a restaurant? I think discretion is the key here.   I'm a mom too and have had to deal with these same issues. <strong> To say the only way that I can feed my kid is while you all stand here and watch him suck on my boob is just no longer accurate all the time. </strong>
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

Yep, but I don't invite an audience to  stand around and watch me nurse. In fact, if they did, I would tell them to go eff off. Do you think it is acceptable if someone at another table stared at you the whole time you were there? Why do people need to stare? Like I said, in most cases you have to be trying to see a quick boob shot, and be making an effort. If youare trying to see my boob, it sounds like your problem, not mine.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpopular-opinions-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:97522f99-1158-410c-a561-f6899b2fdb4bPost:e7ba10ab-1539-435d-9695-8d95223e10c6">Re: Unpopular Opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions : It doesn't have to be. BIL (the not-crazy one) adopted his son, and it was quite affordable, even on his working-class income.  The difference? He adopted a two year old Mexican boy, rather than a white infant.  If you don't insist on a white infant, you can generally adopt with less time and money. That's not a hard and fast rule, but it's what my cousin (a family lawyer who handles adoptions) and my handful of friends who have adopted have told me.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I've heard that too but I've also heard that it can be equally expensive if you're adopting a child from China and have to travel there. I think eventually I would like to be foster parents, but we'll see.
    </div>
    [QUOTE]How do nursing mothers feel about nursing rooms? <strong>Do such things exist?</strong> And, of course, I don't mean the bathroom here, but an actual place to go for privacy. The poop = breastfeeding argument really doesn't fly. We don't want to see people pooing in public, so we build the poop rooms in every single establishment. Not even close to being the same thing. (FTR I'm cool with discrete breastfeeding, which is what I see 99% of the time. But the occasional full boob flash or toddler-boobie action does gross me out...for about a minute then I forget about it.)
    Not that I know of. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards