So I purchased my veil yesterday and was very excited however I got an email from my proposed decorator stating that she had to pull her proposed contract because she commited to a wedding before mine and she thought the time would be too close.
First I have to say, I should've went with my gut feeling about her professionalism but I didn't
When I first contacted her to book an appt I told her about my wedding date, time and location. She agreed to meet with me to discuss more details about my wedding a few days after contacting her. Well guess what she did...or shall I say she didn't do....she pulled a no call, no show. FI and I (he was with me because we booked our appt after our Sunday church service) waited for her for 30mins at the agreed location. I called her number many times and even sent her an email (from my phone) while we were waiting. Never heard from her. A week later, after still not hearing from her regarding my appt, I decided to contact her again (I just could not fanthom how a professional wedding decorator could "no call-no show" a potential client".
Anywho, I was also concerned for her well being (I know its weird but its just the nurse nature of "caring" in me). Well she replied with the following message verbatim: "Ooopppss! I had you on my calendar for next Sunday...I apologize. I went out of town for a few days last week." I decided to meet with her regardless on the following Sunday. The meeting was ok. We emailed one another back and forth a few times and then I got the email that she had to pull her proposal because of her other bride.
I was extremely bummed but I guess if I was in the other bride's position I would have wanted her to fully be there for me. I just wish she would've told me earlier instead of this 2wk ordeal.