Connecticut
Options

Was bummed yesterday...Long story...

So I purchased my veil yesterday and was very excited however I got an email from my proposed decorator stating that she had to pull her proposed contract because she commited to a wedding before mine and she thought the time would be too close.

First I have to say, I should've went with my gut feeling about her professionalism but I didn't :(.

When I first contacted her to book an appt I told her about my wedding date, time and location. She agreed to meet with me to discuss more details about my wedding a few days after contacting her. Well guess what she did...or shall I say she didn't do....she pulled a no call, no show. FI and I (he was with me because we booked our appt after our Sunday church service) waited for her for 30mins at the agreed location. I called her number many times and even sent her an email (from my phone) while we were waiting. Never heard from her. A week later, after still not hearing from her regarding my appt, I decided to contact her again (I just could not fanthom how a professional wedding decorator could "no call-no show" a potential client". 

Anywho, I was also concerned for her well being (I know its weird but its just the nurse nature of "caring" in me). Well she replied with the following message verbatim: "Ooopppss! I had you on my calendar for next Sunday...I apologize. I went out of town for a few days last week." I decided to meet with her regardless on the following Sunday. The meeting was ok. We emailed one another back and forth a few times and then I got the email that she had to pull her proposal because of her other bride.

I was extremely bummed but I guess if I was in the other bride's position I would have wanted her to fully be there for me. I just wish she would've told me earlier instead of this 2wk ordeal.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Was bummed yesterday...Long story...

• Options
    That's very unprofessional.  I honestly think you should write a review of her.  If she had a wedding planned for that day then she should have told you she was booked from the get-go.  Sorry this happened.
  • Options
    That's so annoying. One thing I've learned is to ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS go with your gut about people....I feel like we shouldn't be putting in more effort than our vendors!!!
  • Options
    I don't understand what you mean by "wedding decorator."  Is she a wedding planner?  Your DOC?  I'm confused.
  • Options
    @ carebear- I know..I was thinking about writing a review. @Rswan...tell me about it, I've learned my lesson @ Dilynn- she's a wedding/party decorator meaning she specializes in decorating weddings, sweet sixteens, baby showers, etc. She's not a DOC nor is she a wedding planner she just deals with decorating. I just wanted her to decorate the Aqua Turf chapel with organza and some other items but she pulled out on me. I just found another decorator (yaay) at the Aqua Turf tasting. She does not have any affiliation with Aqua Turf! We actually sat at the same table during the tasting :). I couldn't have met her at a better time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That stinks, but before you write a bad review, did you have a contract with her or give her a deposit? Perhaps she thought you where still looking around and had someone who wanted to committ to that date that wanted something that would overlap on your time. Always get contract/give deposits if you are serious about a vendor because they get a lot of people who are just "looking around". Had a similair problem with a vendor, but it was really my fault that I didn't send the deposit in time.

• Options
    Wow!! That's horrible.  Good thing it happened now and not later.  I'm glad you found another decorator!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards