Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Unique Budget Reception - HELP!

Hello, I am recently engaged and looking for a unique wedding reception venue for 2014. We have a guest list of about 200 people, and have a budget of about 20,000 to 28,000 to spend on food (though I'd like to keep it on the lower end). I wouldn't want to spend more than $5,000 on rental fees. My fiance and I want a little different of a venue than an out of the box hall. Can anyone give any suggestions? Or have any contacts that I can use?

Re: Unique Budget Reception - HELP!

• I'd recommend Normandy Farm in Blue Bell, PA. They have a large (I think capacity is 250) very rustic, historic-looking ballroom. I can safely say (after looking hard) that there is nothing quite like it in the area. 
  • Laurita Winery, I was at a wedding there in the fall.  Beautiful

• power plant productions is about $3500 to rent.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_unique-budget-reception-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:bd858f1d-3c7b-4f1f-88cb-42311606a6e2Post:a43e12ff-c9cd-4376-8cb9-ae52bc112f2a">Re: Unique Budget Reception - HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]power plant productions is about $3500 to rent.
    Posted by klily58[/QUOTE]
    Hi, KLily58 - DId you use this venue? I was wondering if we would have to put the space together ourselves (rentals, etc.) at the Power Plant productions? Let me know!
  • In Phoenixville is Columbia Station  which is an old train station. It can handle over 200 and there is no venue fee. The same people run the Barn at Birchwood in Collegeville but I don't know the capacity.  Both are unique venue locations.

• you can try front & palmer its a similar space to the power plant and i believe they do all the setting up for you. normandy farm is also great!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • beachekbeachek member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_unique-budget-reception-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:bd858f1d-3c7b-4f1f-88cb-42311606a6e2Post:91a65d3a-7dd5-465a-8fcb-b4dea779614f">Re: Unique Budget Reception - HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unique Budget Reception - HELP! : Hi, KLily58 - DId you use this venue? I was wondering if we would have to put the space together ourselves (rentals, etc.) at the Power Plant productions? Let me know!
    Posted by lluzzi0923[/QUOTE]

they have long 8 by 6 foot tables and chairs there. and also a few couches for a lounge area. it can seat up to 150 or something, more for a cocktail reception. we have a wedding planner, so her and the florist are setting everything up for us. but the only thing we're renting is linens and a few high tops.
  • and yes, we are getting married here in September. i am so excited, the space owners are wonderful and responsive.
  • Columbia Station looks gorgeous! However, it's way too far for my family coming from New York. Do you think that there are nice places closer to the border of NJ/PA? I haven't been able to find any!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_unique-budget-reception-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:bd858f1d-3c7b-4f1f-88cb-42311606a6e2Post:5d16cdf3-0265-46ec-b5d1-9942c6fc00c0">Re: Unique Budget Reception - HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Columbia Station looks gorgeous! However, it's way too far for my family coming from New York. Do you think that there are nice places closer to the border of NJ/PA? I haven't been able to find any!
    Posted by lluzzi0923[/QUOTE]

Columbia Station is not far from the King of Prussia exit on the PA turnpike. It's really easy to get to and parking is free! 
  • lluzzi0923lluzzi0923 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Anyone know anything about Lakeside Manor and McFadden's catering?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards