Students

Any pharmacy techs out there?

Hey everyone! I'm going for my Pharmacy Tech certificate and planning for my june 2013 wedding! Anyone else going for Pharmacy Tech? :)
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any pharmacy techs out there?

• I'm in pharmacy school working on my Pharm. D. now.  I work as an intern/tech part time.  I'm not sure exactly what Pharm Tech certification is like, but I bet it's a lot of work!  Best of luck to you guys, and happy studying!

• I got certified last year as a pharmacy tech. :) I took evening classes so it worked pretty well with my schedule, good luck with the program. It's not too intensive minus having to memorize the names of drugs.
    "Love is more than an emotion, it is a verb you must choose to do everyday." Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm a pharm tech, but didn't have to go to school for it... is it just a state regulation where you are or something?
  • That’s a good call. Pharmacy tech is a good career to be in from all points of view – job security, future growth prospects, compensation, etc. Even training requirements are not very stringent. In fact, on paper, there are no formal training requirements to become a pharmacy tech. But there seems to be a preferential hiring of candidates who have completed postsecondary pharmacy technician training and have the PTCB or other certification. So, it's a good idea to complete your training before putting yourself in the job market.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards