Maryland-Baltimore

Groom's cake

Has anyone done or plans on doing a grooms cake?
www.letsmakeitofficial.weebly.com updated 1/24/11 OOOOooohhh, Mrs. WILSON

Re: Groom's cake

• seralee5804seralee5804 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    me me me!!

We are doing a grooms cake. A Ravens theme.. I think Unless FI changes his mind again .....

Till Baby E Money Comes! BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    ok, sounds cool. my FI is a big old school cartoon fan in i really wanna do a grooms cake in the shape of  Bumble Bee from transformers or Silver Hawks, or He-Man.. where are you getting yours done at? my budget for his cake is $300-$400.
  • edited December 2011
    I did a grooms cake!  DH is a HUGE sandwich person so I had the bakery make a club sandwich out of cake.  It was in one of those plastic baskets with chips and a pickle too.  Everything edible.  He loved it and was totally surprised that it was real.
  • edited December 2011
    Smange, what bakery did you use?
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing a Redskins grooms cake and the quote for my grooms cake was $75 and my regular cake was I think $400.

• edited December 2011
    I am doing a Grooms cake. My FI is a huge Capitals fan, so his cake is goiong to look like the ice floor at a Caps game. I even got players and goals and goalies. I ordered all the supplies form Amazon. I had a friend paint our names on the back of two of the players with 42 on one and 22 on the other(our wedding date 4-2-11). He does not know about this cake it is his surprise for the day. He probably won't want to cut it. LOL!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We used Sweet in Ellicott City.  I didn't try the groom's cake but our cake was delicious!!
  • seralee5804seralee5804 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_grooms-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:797975e2-de3d-4a06-91b1-9e3f12a47716Post:a2c7076a-0301-4e9a-a63f-36b43c1b6e14">Re: Groom's cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]ok, sounds cool. my FI is a big old school cartoon fan in i really wanna do a grooms cake in the shape of  Bumble Bee from transformers or Silver Hawks, or He-Man.. where are you getting yours done at? my budget for his cake is $300-$400.
    Posted by Me&Miles96[/QUOTE]

FI aunt is a Baker, she is doing both our cakes for our wedding gift. She works out of her home.
    Till Baby E Money Comes! BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    What baker's are you ladies using? i want it to be He-man(i know old school) but its his favorite he collects old cartoons. i actually found a He-man mold on e-bay, but im not sure if i can commit to the details of it.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Mary Elliott.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Jeneva's Cakes...she is really good. My brothers both used her and when they ate the anniversary tier a year later it was still as moist as the day of the wedding. She is easy to work with and can do just about any design. And very reasonably priced.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards