Snarky Brides

lets chat

Re: lets chat

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4923c8a6-a28c-4938-9148-f93d99553454Post:f75f4606-82c2-4871-a9e7-76fcdb136e8a">Re: lets chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]My coworker will throw books away if the spine has the white marks in it. Her books have to be perfect, and she only reads them once. It drives me freaking bananas.
    Posted by cupcakesfrosting[/QUOTE]
    I can't really fathom not creasing the binding at all.  How do people accomplish this?  Iguess I can't have nice things :P.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4923c8a6-a28c-4938-9148-f93d99553454Post:e9e37246-c38c-4e9c-b9ce-0543ac3c52da">Re: lets chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: lets chat : If you're saying what I think you are, that's always how I hold books too.  It drives people crazy when I borrow books, because it kills the spine (the book is super open the whole time.)
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]
    My spines are all ruined. There are cracks and what not all through the backs because I do that and I fold my books out for some reason.
  • I'm better now, but when FI and I were still long distance, I would worry.  I also have intense irrational fears at times, so that doesn't help.  On New Years one year, his phone died, but I didn't know. I called his local hospitals, police, etc.  When he called the next morning, i was so pissed.
  • Hey Nebb! I.have not been on much lately either. Im at work right now. There is a band playing and the lead singer seriously thinks he is mick jagger. White pants and crawling on the stage. Dude. There is like 20 people here. . . .
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • My ultimate favourite book my dad gave me years ago, the covers are both taped on and the spine peeled off years ago. I cant imagine ever getting rid of it though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4923c8a6-a28c-4938-9148-f93d99553454Post:63d40585-7979-40af-9385-5b7e1b051ea0">Re: lets chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: lets chat : I can't really fathom not creasing the binding at all.  How do people accomplish this?  Iguess I can't have nice things :P.
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

I hate it when they get creased!  I also hate it when I lend someone a book and they crease my perfect binding.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Sucrets, problem solved. Just dont lend your books. I HATE lending people my books. I let my aunt borrow my Dark Tower series and it was so hard for me to let go and let her do it. I am really weird about my books.
  • Hello darlings!
    I just got back from a wine bar with T's sister. Mmm wine!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4923c8a6-a28c-4938-9148-f93d99553454Post:9269d262-d8f5-4e93-a51b-f1d8c3122745">Re: lets chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: lets chat : I hate it when they get creased!  I also hate it when I lend someone a book and they crease my perfect binding.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

<div>Better not share any books with me!  unless they're of the electronic variety....</div>
  • My coworker will throw them away if someone else creases her book. I've seen her read, and she barely opens the book. Which is hilarious, because she's legally blind, and I don't understand how she can see the words..
  • Ew, my coworker takes books into the bathroom with her.  In front of us.  And then she wonders why no one takes books from the "Free Books" box she leaves in the faculty room.

She also wipes frosting off of communal knives, licks her fingers, and then returns for round two. 
  • Eww eww eww.. That's gross..
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4923c8a6-a28c-4938-9148-f93d99553454Post:e1a7f2ba-5ae0-4ddc-bf02-311e6139a8df">Re: lets chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ew, my coworker takes books into the bathroom with her.  In front of us.  And then she wonders why no one takes books from the "Free Books" box she leaves in the faculty room. She also wipes frosting off of communal knives, licks her fingers, and then returns for round two. 
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

<div>That's disgusting.</div>
  • OK, now I'm annoyed. I can't find the cord to upload pics from my camera, and I have a totally awesome GirWhisky picture to share.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4923c8a6-a28c-4938-9148-f93d99553454Post:a92ba413-f90e-467f-94d3-a876da088bb9">Re: lets chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sucrets, problem solved. Just dont lend your books. I HATE lending people my books. I let my aunt borrow my Dark Tower series and it was so hard for me to let go and let her do it. I am really weird about my books.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've learned.  But my mom creases them, and it's hard to tell her no!  Well, easier since we live far away now.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Atleast its not as bad as my husband, he buys books and then doesnt read then. I made him put them all in storage because they were taking up space for no good reason. His books are in pristine condition :)
  • I know!  She's vile.

I think I saw that one, Sesh.  Very cute and gir-propriate for SB.
  • No, this is a new one that i took today when Whisky was sleeping with a giraffe stuffed animal. The only thing I can think of is that it's in my truck, and I'm not going out there now, it's creepy at night here. Or that H took it thinking it was for his camera.
  • That sounds so cute.  I saw the one where WHisky posed with the giraffe.

Bax has a giraffe, but he's fickle and goes for the newest toys, so I don't think I'll catch any gir-dog pics soon.
  • Ya, I have nothing to say about Gir-anything, because all the pictures just make me want a cat even more.. I dislike FI for not letting me get a pet..
  • Cupcake- they're just making me want a giraffe. Where can I get one of those?
  • I'm definitely a worrying. There was one night a few months ago when he was supposed to be home at 10. I gave him 2 hours before I started worrying. I was putting on my shoes at 1am to go start combing the highway when he walked through the door. He had forgotten his cell which was his excuse, and didn't leave until midnight. Now he calls me from the store phone if he's more than 2 hours late.

I love books but am getting an E-Reader for Christmas. We go on vacation once a year and I'm always draggingg 6+ books with me. I'm also looking forward to getting free books.
    I need to go through my books and donate the ones I've never read/don't want to read again. There's a bunch of them.

I'm just chillin with the in-laws tonight. Z is in bed, sil is reading on the couch, mil is watching H play video games and I'm on my computer. We're an exciting bunch lol.
  • Katie- thats a good point about vaca. I don't want an ereader because I love my books but taking 6+ books with me every time I travel is a pain, especially since I typically need 2 on the plane with me.

I saw your FB status about Z, what did she knock off the bookcase?
  • Haha, Roxy.. I'm just a lonely old woman when A isn't home. He's home so late, and I hate being alone.. But giraffes are cute.. M&M and I had a conversation about the little mini-giraffe from that Comcast commercial, I think? I wanted one of THOSE mini tiny ones..
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4923c8a6-a28c-4938-9148-f93d99553454Post:658104ca-8fe6-4609-8567-43c4ff211c2e">Re: lets chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im raelly big on the tactile nature of holding a book in your hand, turning the pages, feeling your progress by how much book is spread between which fingers (thats how I hold my book atleast), the smell of books, they way they look on the shelf. I love books. I feel like you lose that with an e-reader. I dont care that I coudl fill it with thousands of books, its not the same.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    I totally am in agreement with this.
  • Roxy, just a video game. Her mom told her to stop messing with our things and not to take things off the shelf, hence the response.
    For those who can't see my FB Z goes "I didn't take it off the shelf, I made it fall off the shelf and picked it up!"

We're getting my closet done tomorrow :) Yay.

• Oh yes, I want a tiny one.
  • Ok, so no GirWhisky pics but in the meantime I will share my WhiskyMouse pictures. he loves this little guy:

• Aww, Sesh, he's gorgeous..

Roxy, for you. :)

• Awww so cute :)

Here are some of Demon I found the other day.

That's the third china cabinet she's been in.

Chinzilla
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards