Wisconsin

Madison Catering Help

Hi ladies,

I am planning a wedding in Madison, but I live out of state, so need to really limit the number of caterers I meet with/do tastings with.  Three that I'm considering now are Bluephies, Circolo, and Upstairs Downstairs catering.  I like the menus, but I can't find many reviews of any of them.  Does anyone have any experience with any of these caterers?  Alternatively, does anyone have a caterer they highly recommend (or warn against)?  We're looking for something that has a bit of a creative/non-cookie cutter wedding menu, but other than that are very open.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Madison Catering Help

• edited December 2011
    Bluephies is amazing! We are not using them but if we could afford them, we might have. I have a co-worker that always has things catered by Bluephies and even the left overs are amazing. 

We are using Gaylord and they are really flexible and are great at working with us. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, that is really great to hear!!  I'll look into Gaylord as well.

Thanks for your help!
  • edited December 2011
    I've used Upstairs Downstairs for a work breakfast. They had really good food and the staff was professional. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • sjw10sjw10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Fresco, which has a non-standard wedding catering menu (we're doing food stations rather than a plated sit-down dinner). I have also heard good things about the Underground Food Collective.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!  I just looked at the Fresco menu and it looks awesome!  I am definitely going to be contacting them.  I really liked how Underground Food Collective looked, but they don't do tastings, so I was hesitant.

Thanks for the advice!!
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't looked much into them  but I had a chef friend recommend "Vivianni's" as a caterer.  He used them for his wedding and they were very happy.  Just a thought :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards