Wedding Etiquette Forum

Is it too early for FFF?

Re: Is it too early for FFF?

• Birdie you have mad googling skills.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It is one of my biggest fears that the minute I am married people will start asking all kinds of questions about when I am planning to procreate. I am not looking forward to it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:e1e20888-c1dd-46ba-96e5-d6763f70ffaa">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : My brother told me last night to quit taking my birth control because he wants to be an uncle. 
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

my sister threw away a weeks worth of my birth control because she wants a nephew or niece.
  • Cengle, my BIL told me NOT to stop taking birth control because he DOESN'T want to be an uncle yet.

All relatives need to STFU about TTC plans.  This should be a law.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Thanks andy ;-)

beach, that sucks. There's no way I would be KU without FI around.
  • dnb, I have some friends going through that too.  They were going to TTC right around now, but he's leaving in Feb, so it's delayed.  Then, they were going to give it a shot when he's home for R&R, but his sister is getting married and they scheduled his R&R around that, and it's too early - she'd be pushing the baby out as he lands coming back from Iraq. 

He's hoping to get a spot as a West Point professor, though, which would mean 2 years of grad school and then 3 years at WP, so they'll probably try to hustle and get 2 kids in those 5 years if he gets the WP job.

He's already been accepted to Harvard, so I think WP is crazy if they don't take him.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • oh no dnb!!!!  that really sucks girl.  I'm really sorry. :-(.  I am joining your pity party.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:230d89db-ded0-49bd-b3da-fbdf93a081b1">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : my sister threw away a weeks worth of my birth control because she wants a nephew or niece.
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

It's one thing to make cute comments, but this is quite another.  I'd be LIVID with her.  Physically interfereing with somebody's family planning is absolutely not cool.  What did you do?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:230d89db-ded0-49bd-b3da-fbdf93a081b1">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : my sister threw away a weeks worth of my birth control because she wants a nephew or niece.

I would raaaage.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:b804d186-00f6-47f9-b3d2-7b1839ed14ad">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : It's one thing to make cute comments, but this is quite another.  I'd be LIVID with her.  Physically interfereing with somebody's family planning is absolutely not cool.  What did you do?
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

well - I have more pills than I need to before I go off (which I just did) so I didn't do anything really.  I thought it was kind of funny.  I mean its pretty easy for me to get my hands on them and she told me that she did it.
  • Squirrly does it make me a horrible person to say that I feel better knowing I'm not the only person with this situation?

I know this next year and a half will be pretty horrible, but after this next deployment the ship is ending in Norfolk to go into rehaul.  So the last 2 years of this tour will have no deployments, and then H goes into 3 years of shore duty.  So I just keep reminding myself how nice the 5 years after these 2 will be.  And it will be good for us when we do finally TTC because if things work out I could knock out 2 kids and have them 2 years apart, and they would be 2 and 4 before he even had a chance of being deployed again.  Haha, that's my hope at least. 

Also, I've heard that many couples don't even make it to their first anniversary, so I figure we have no choice but to make it, so we are already beating one statistic!

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • ERRYBODY is up my ass about babies.  And when I say I don't want them I almost always get "But WHHHYYYY???  You'd have such cute little MIXED BABIES!!!111"

YellYell

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Thanks ladies, big surprise that I've been self medicating with wine this week.  Surprisingly though I didn't eat my feelings!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Nugget, were they saying....

BAYBAY BAYBAY BAYBAY

OOOHHHHHH!!! ?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:9de8ab28-8de5-4a07-af65-4284c81e649a">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is one of my biggest fears that the minute I am married people will start asking all kinds of questions about when I am planning to procreate. I am not looking forward to it.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

My dad told my brother he's giving me a year to be KU. STFU, dad. Not gonna happen.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • BAY BAY!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:3641ee40-be3e-4868-9d19-4031f525c1f6">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nuggs, pretty much what they said above.  But, over the course of the last year, I've seen <strong>Nebb do plenty of bitching about her own finances ("I really want a beer but I only have one left in the fridge and I'm saving it and I can't afford to go buy more").  Apparently she has a free pass to bemoan her bank account</strong>, but anybody else who dislikes their current financial situation and says so on here is in the wrong. Oh.  And any couple who makes 100k or more clearly lives in a mansion.  Real estate prices and cost of living actually AREN'T regional at all.  Who knew? 

Maybe I was bemoaning it because all of my extra money had already gone to debt repayment :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:a1af67ae-07ee-4a41-8ea8-504fa976c6b9">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]dnb, I have some friends going through that too.  They were going to TTC right around now, but he's leaving in Feb, so it's delayed.  Then, they were going to give it a shot when he's home for R&R, but his sister is getting married and they scheduled his R&R around that, and it's too early - she'd be pushing the baby out as he lands coming back from Iraq.  He's hoping to get a spot as a West Point professor, though, which would mean 2 years of grad school and then 3 years at WP, so they'll probably try to hustle and get 2 kids in those 5 years if he gets the WP job. He's already been accepted to Harvard, so I think WP is crazy if they don't take him.

My college roommate's dad taught at WP when we were in college. He was an alum, too. But before that, they never lived anywhere for more than 2 years or so.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:c0fe0ad9-104d-4468-90a7-7ee38560f8f7">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ERRYBODY is up my ass about babies.  And when I say I don't want them I almost always get "<strong>But WHHHYYYY???  You'd have such cute little MIXED BABIES!!!111</strong>"
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

That would really piss me off. I am not donating my uterus just to make pretty prop babies! The idea of having babies just because they would be cute is so stupid.
  • dnb, nope, misery loves company.  That's why I shared.  :) 

I don't want to be a single mom, and that was part of the deal with H and I when we planned getting married, him getting out of active duty, etc. 

Andy, your sister is lucky to have you and not me in your shoes.  I'd have let her have it for a stunt like that. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:f7d8286b-729c-474a-a30b-308dc6124cce">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : My college roommate's dad taught at WP when we were in college. He was an alum, too. But before that, they never lived anywhere for more than 2 years or so.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

Yeah we thought we would be here for 4 years, but we probably won't even be here a year and a half.  We are hoping to be able to move before he leaves for the next deployment, but if not it would be after and would be just over a year and a half.  He is going to try to do his shore duty in the Norfolk area too just so we don't have to move in another 2 years.  2 cross country moves in less than 2 years will be more than enough for me for a while!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Mery, this guy's an alum too. 

Nebb, that's great.  So. . . why can you bitch and other people can't?  And why do you think 100k is the mansion threshold? 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:b9d13ecb-fdd9-4801-a176-003a97f3ddf2">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mery, this guy's an alum too.  Nebb, that's great.  So. . . why can you bitch and other people can't?  And why do you think 100k is the mansion threshold? 

I never said she couldnt, I just said I judged her.
  • Well, I judge you and your complaining and your beer saving and your hypocritical behavior.  Because that's the way it comes across. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:230d89db-ded0-49bd-b3da-fbdf93a081b1">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:

Oh hell no. There would have been violence.
    Luckily, our families haven't been too obnoxious about it, because they know we DO want kids, so they know it will happen, just not RIGHTNOW. I'd like to not be KU in law school, TYVM.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:8975e9aa-0769-4aa0-a14a-528812b5fbb0">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, I judge you and your complaining and your beer saving and your hypocritical behavior.  Because that's the way it comes across. 

Thats your prerogative.
  • How does one throw away a weeks worth of BC? 

Did she throw out a pack of pills that you had STARTED?  I would be tres pissed about that because I can't get a new one without paying full price until I am 5 days out from needing the new pack.

Who does something like that?
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:a6a20c52-be9e-4ae3-b6a7-17b60b6c7e1d">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]...wow. Can I please flame a FB friend of mine? We hung out LOTS in middle school - and she found me on FB a few months ago. Well - last week she posted that "Lesbians should just keep on walking bkuz (sic) I don't lyke DYKES"...this morning she's posting some "gay people should be allowed to marry!" post. Do you like gay folks or not? Pick a side sister (but please, not the undereducated side).
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

Is she from MS. too?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_early-fff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8c0c9a-5b9c-4183-a036-54735f6ecf8fPost:fcccc0e1-f9f4-4276-a175-c7db7cbc446a">Re: Is it too early for FFF?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it too early for FFF? : Oh hell no. There would have been violence. Luckily, our families haven't been too obnoxious about it, because they know we DO want kids, so they know it will happen, just not RIGHTNOW. I'd like to not be KU in law school, TYVM.
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

Same here! I'm applying to grad school for next year and I'm like, "hi, babies are nice, but my education and getting our finances in order are a little more important right now."

I will not go into how my dad's GF's kids have a bunch of kids they can't afford. And other issues.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • My parents want us to have kids when we're financially ready. His parents really don't want us to have kids at all. They want us to be able to be young and carefree forever. It's almost insulting. At least coming from his mom.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards