New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Affordable Hudson Valley photographers

We are on a pretty tight budget for our wedding. I would like to keep photography under 1500, maybe 18-1900 on the outside. We would need 8+ hours of coverage, and images on disk--and really thats it. I am a graphic designer and would prefer to do many of the things like thank you cards, albums, etc. myself. We want a mix of traditional and photo journalistic shots, and I am really looking for someone who has that "magical" feel that some photographers seem to have. Someone who not only gets all the key shots, but captures all the little amazing moments.

I would prefer not to work with one of those big photography companies, and would rather work directly with an individual, however, I know that may be impossible within my buget

Any recomendations?

Re: Affordable Hudson Valley photographers

• Options
    xtina_824xtina_824 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using H & H Photographers (located in Irvington). They have a few photographers, so I don't know if you'd still be into them, however they have an intimate feel to them and I don't think of them as a "big company". I believe you could get a price around what you are looking for with them. GL!
    BabyFruit TickerWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Allan E Levine out of Lagrangeville
    A husband wife team
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can always try a student.  I used a student videographer from SUNY Purchase and he knew some fellow students who could do weddings. You can create your own album on-line afterwards.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Jason Rhee who is from Northvale, NJ (5 mins from Rockland.)  I actually found him through recomendations on the Northern NJ board.  It is just him and his prices are extremely reasonable.  His cheapest package being $1650, and includes an album and several prints!  We just did our engagement pics in October and our so excited with how great they came out! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think you'd be a great match for our photographer, Kim Coccagnia. She captured so many special moments at our wedding, even things we didn't know were happening at the time. We paid a little more than you're looking to pay, but I know she is flexible with her pricing, and maybe you and she can work something out.

www.kimberlycoccagnia.com

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Kimberly Coccagnia.  She is definitely a journalistic type of photographer, but she will do traditional poses if requested (I requested some).  I paid $1500, had her the whole day (2pm-12am), received all images on a CD with the rights and a few prints as well, and she came with a second shooter (her fiance... or maybe husband by now).  I was off-season so I believe I paid a little less than usual, but as pp said, she is very flexible, so I'm sure she would be willing to work on pricing with you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Melissa Lynn -- http://beimaged.com

She worked with our budget and had that magical quality, at least to us. We reccommend her all of the time because she gave us such a good deal.
  • Options
    valerie102780valerie102780 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Fabiana Sabato... awesome, and reasonably priced. She's doing my friends wedding this coming July.

http://fabianasabatophotography.blogspot.com/2010/07/wedding-mr-and-mrs-smith.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards