Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Kims lighthearted food poll of the day.. Let's talk ethnic foods

Whats your favorite?  My personal is either Sushi or Indian.  Unless of course we're counting Italian, because I could eat pasta every day multiple times a day and never be bored.  So for the sake of everyone obviously loving italian, I am going with some of the more daring ethnic foods for this poll.  

Re: Kims lighthearted food poll of the day.. Let's talk ethnic foods

• Options
    Amy4282Amy4282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok now I am craving sushi - thanks a lot Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sushi. all day. Every day.  What are your favorite places?  I'm dying to try Raw as I hear its one of the best.  Around me I prefer Blue Fin and Minado (sushi buffet = yes please!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going for sushi Friday. Have been craving it for 2 weeks!

Uzu on Front and Market. Is delish.
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE sushi and luckily my FI does too :)  and Chinese. Both are so good- I love my sesame chicken haha

(and agreed on the italian- I could eat eggplant parm and pasta every day)
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love sushi!  I like some of all of the listed foods to be honest.  
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If instead of sushi it was Japanese or Thai I would have put my mark for that, because yumm. Instead I had to put my vote to none, and seem boring.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am liking Thai food quite a bit lately, thought that isn't part of this poll.  Also there's a Malaysian place we've been going to for lunch that I'm in love with also.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i second minado and blue fin! yum!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mmmmm Thai!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't seem to get myself into Thai.. Probably because I am allergic to coconut (the only thing I am allergic to in this world, so random) and they use a lot of coconut in their foods so I get paranoid eating Thai.   I've never had malaysian though, where is this place Meredith?  I need to try it.   

One time I had ethiopian... That was interesting.  They serve the food on a big piece of what appears to be foam, but is actually a spongy bread that you use to eat the food with.  All of the food is kind of a mushy mish mash of stuff, so you just scoop it up with this weird sponge stuff.   It was an experience :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and hands down the BEST sushi in Bucks is Otaya in Warrington . ... Mmmmmmmmm!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kim - That place is great, but we are also fans of Ooka...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Malaysian place we go to is called Penang in West Windsor.  It's in that complex with Best Buy and Home Depot and Walmart.  Sooo good but they have a lot of coconut-based stuff too, I am a big fan of their coconut rice.  They have lettuce wraps that are fantastic and more traditional stuff like pad thai.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Ooka! Where is Otaya??

Another good thai place is Thai Orchid in Blue Bell.  They have a sister restaurant in Conshy called Chiagmai.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooka is good too. Otaya is seriously to die for- theyre in the shopping center off St Rd and 611 sort of across from that promenade area where Wegmans is.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Otaya is in Newtown, in a shopping center. I eat the chicken teraki, but DH says he likes Ooka sushi just a little more then Otaya. If you feel like driving a bit, he said Teikoku (yummmmmm) was best out of the three though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This post is making me hungry!!  We also LOVE vietnamese food.  I got into it becuase of my roomate from college was vietnamese and her mom would make traditional Pho soup for us and I got HOOKED! Delicioussssss!

I also am a huge fan of suhi, it sounds like a Sushi GTG is in order!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As long as we go to a sushi place that has chicken teraki I'm IN. Please just make it for after April 15th!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh BP, don't go to the newtown otaya, it's no where near as good as their warrington location.   The chef in warrington is just amazing, and the food there is 1000x better than the Newtown restaurant.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll have to try Otaya!  I'm slowing getting FI into sushi.  He always finds cooked stuff to eat, but he's getting into the raw stuff one spicy tuna roll at a time.....

We went to Sushikazu last weekend in Blue Bell (yeah, we stay local, haha) and it was SO good! As good as Ooka in quality and variety of the rolls.  Its BYO too, which I love.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, sushi GTG!   Let's do it!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ummm didn't know there was one in Warrington, thanks! We also go to the Ooka in Willow Grove, not the one in bucks... if we are comparing locations :-) I forgot Ooka has one up in Bucks too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Having been to Ooka in WG and Bucks....they both rock. :-)   That used to be my go-to dinner location for 3rd or 4th dates when I didn't live in the city. haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish I had a sense of directions and would leave my bubble also known as South Philly ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nicole - stay in your bubble and head to Adobe Cafe.  Its safe there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I only have been to Ooka in Willow Grove and it is delicious! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanx Cara. By the menu FI would love it there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI is a pain in the asss eater - so I don't get to eat alot of ethnic food. But, I do love Vietnamese and Vietnam in CT is one of my favorite restaus.

I like Sushi - but not in love with it. Mr.Cand would not even step foot in a sushi restaurant.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Adobe Cafe is one of our favorite spots.  Granted, we go to the one in Roxborough, but the one in SP is just as good.  Amazing sangria and really yummy food.  Good vegetarian options too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards