Wedding Etiquette Forum

Evening?

Re: Evening?

• LDY, I am a HUGE country music fan. I grew up listening to it because my dad did... then I got teased about it in 4th grade, so I switched to rock and pop for the next 8 years, and rekindled my love for country in college, haha.

And yes, Coach! I spend a little too much money at the Coach outlet. At least it's not the actual store?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f259267f-3c05-4d2f-9bf2-2e6fd36b3ae5Post:6e8ea5fa-f369-4685-bf78-4d39ab8ce8ca">Re:Evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello people. I don't like concerts, but I am going to wdw in a few weeks. LDY, <strong>Harris teeter is better than Kroger.</strong>
    Posted by RupertPenny[/QUOTE]

<div>Truth</div>
  • Also, I just ran out of wine and the only thing I have left to drink is prosecco. Apparently this is where I draw the line about drinking alone. I just feel weird drinking bubbly by myself.
    Photobucket
  • I didn't like country until I met J. I actually hated it. And then for whatever reason, I started listening to it with J because he loves it (he is from the country after all) and it just started to make sense. Now i love it and rarely listen to any other radio station.
  • MuSu, if you ever make your way to this area, I will take you to a country concert! A bunch come through here every summer, including a big one for a local radio station. That one is free, which is awesome. A lot of the artistis are newer, but then they always have one more famous one to headline.
  • I'll be at this VA Beach GTG. This is me inviting myself.
  • I refuse to buy full priced Coach, Angel. Dad used to buy it for me, but now I'm H's problem lol. 

He gets wary around Outlet Malls now - I love it. I wish I had a devil horn emoticon to use here. 
  • Evening, all. 

FI and I are finally having a date night later this evening - he's been working like crazy, and between that and all the last minute wedding stuff I'm working on we have barely seen each other lately. So I'm pretty excited for tonight :)

The only concerts I've been to are Destiny's Child, U2, Coldplay, and I saw the Beach Boys last week. I've been to Lolla twice, but I don't really count that as a concert. Not sure why. 
  • That sounds fun, Angel! All the big country fests are during the summer here too. I'm just cheap lol so I will have to wait a while to afford it. Kenny Chesney is coming here too but I'm not a huge KC fan. I have weird preferences for country I think. I have weird music tastes in general though, they are all over the place. 
  • In Response to Re:Evening?:[QUOTE]We had Harris Teeter in PVB, Anna. But we also had Publix, of course, so I never went.nbsp; Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

Huh, really? I didn't know there were any in fl. I never went to one until I moved to dc.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f259267f-3c05-4d2f-9bf2-2e6fd36b3ae5Post:75d5b89f-f734-4aa0-bbcf-3ee98ff25bef">Re: Evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sounds fun, Angel! All the big country fests are during the summer here too. I'm just cheap lol so I will have to wait a while to afford it. Kenny Chesney is coming here too but I'm not a huge KC fan. I have weird preferences for country I think. I have weird music tastes in general though, they are all over the place. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Who do you like?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f259267f-3c05-4d2f-9bf2-2e6fd36b3ae5Post:2affd65f-ba31-4f9c-a1f7-49e2f246887e">Re: Evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll be at this VA Beach GTG. This is me inviting myself.
    Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]

<div>You were totally invited anyways.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f259267f-3c05-4d2f-9bf2-2e6fd36b3ae5Post:cd875dd2-5b4b-424a-92c6-85ac5c3b87ab">Re:Evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Evening?: Huh, really? I didn't know there were any in fl. I never went to one until I moved to dc.
    Posted by RupertPenny[/QUOTE]
    Yep! It might be gone now, it took it a while to get accepted, but I had a few friends who worked there. They tried to make it super uppity though - they took out the Fresh Market. That bummed me out because FM had a jelly bean bar =(
  • Hi all! I just finished a very productive day. We planted our tomatoes, fixed H's car, installed a new sliding screen door, re-screened a window screen, and then H went to work. I took our dog for a nice walk, packed all my winter clothes up, and went to work myself. Now I'm sitting for a bit before I clean the upstairs. H is in shift work for the next couple of weeks, so he doesn't get home until 10:30 (Blech). In other words, I've got some time to kill!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • All this talk of Harris Teeter and Publix makes me miss our summer house. This is the first summer since I've been born that I won't go down there at all, kinda sad. 
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f259267f-3c05-4d2f-9bf2-2e6fd36b3ae5Post:33d072c8-6378-4415-b2df-77df7859c838">Re: Evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening? : Who do you like?
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Country you mean? Some of my favorites are: Miranda, Blake, Brad P, Josh Turner, Eric Church, Wailin' Jennys (kinda folk country), Dierks, Trace, Josh Thompson, George Strait. </div><div>
    </div><div>I don't like many women singers. Sugarland is decent, but other than that I generally dislike women country singers.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: OH and Zac Brown Band. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f259267f-3c05-4d2f-9bf2-2e6fd36b3ae5Post:d2133865-2845-4e3c-88ed-8eaf28a9ec93">Re: Evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]holy crap. 2-3 per month!?! Damn. That was what I averaged per year back when I had disposable income, lol.

To be fair though, I'm old as dirt so my concert going heyday was in the 90s. And I saw a lot of shows in clubs and small theatres. I'd guess tickets averaged $20 or so. I could never afford that many shows at arena/stadium prices!
    imageAnniversary
  • I have never understood the appeal of Lenny Kravitz. He's slightly androgynous to me, and I'm just overall not a fan. But I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't think the guy's sexy, so who knows. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f259267f-3c05-4d2f-9bf2-2e6fd36b3ae5Post:a3330f28-cca4-42de-a156-2e652c09726d">Re: Evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening? : Country you mean? Some of my favorites are: Miranda, Blake, Brad P, Josh Turner, Eric Church, Wailin' Jennys (kinda folk country), Dierks, Trace, Josh Thompson, George Strait.  I don't like many women singers. Sugarland is decent, but other than that I generally dislike women country singers. ETA: OH and Zac Brown Band.

I love Blake and Miranda... I've seen Eric Church and Dierks Bentely open up for other artists and I've been to Brad Paisley 3 times. He's my husband. Or should be. I don't like women country singers as much either... Jennifer Nettles' voice annoys me (from Sugarland.)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f259267f-3c05-4d2f-9bf2-2e6fd36b3ae5Post:b29172dd-f5ef-413a-bf05-c90436086091">Re: Evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening? : I love Blake and Miranda... I've seen Eric Church and Dierks Bentely open up for other artists and I've been to Brad Paisley 3 times. He's my husband. Or should be. I don't like women country singers as much either... Jennifer Nettles' voice annoys me (from Sugarland.)
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I looooove Eric Church. I like that he has a lot of old school sound to his voice. Miranda is everything I love in a woman's country voice. Brad is adorable. </div><div>
    </div><div>I must say though that Josh Turner's voice makes me weak in the knees. </div>
  • In Response to Re:Evening?:[QUOTE]Anna Bahnahnah, drink the prosecco.nbsp; You're leaving soon.nbsp; Celebrate.nbsp; I hate that we didn't get to hang out though.nbsp; : Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

I wish we could have hung out too!

And don't worry, I opened the prosecco. I thought about taking it with me but I'm already worried about my luggage being too heavy since I bought like 15 books while I was here alone.
    Photobucket
  • Haha, Shaggy! Oh man. Brings me back. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f259267f-3c05-4d2f-9bf2-2e6fd36b3ae5Post:a8087b0d-7aae-4e09-a619-e816997469ff">Re: Evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening? : FTFY.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>haha. I don't find him hot for some reason. I think he has an adorable face & voice but not hot I guess. Blake is hot. But Josh Turner....man oh man. phew. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f259267f-3c05-4d2f-9bf2-2e6fd36b3ae5Post:80f37b73-0dfa-4a96-b71b-8aada35d1994">Re: Evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Right, Musu?  "It wasn't me!"
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I was in 7th grade when it came out and our English teacher would play the radio during worktime. He would always change the channel when it came on, as if we didn't know what it was about. </div>
  • I am so jealous you've seen TLC, Edie. 
  • I think Brad is extremely hot. I'd have ten of his babies. God damn that Kimberly Williams Paisley.
  • I think its so funny that Brad remembers seeing Father of the Bride with an ex-gf  and Kimberly ended up as his wife. 
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f259267f-3c05-4d2f-9bf2-2e6fd36b3ae5Post:a982b04a-f420-4542-a6d0-2ae59290c331">Re: Evening?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening? : I looooove Eric Church. I like that he has a lot of old school sound to his voice. Miranda is everything I love in a woman's country voice. Brad is adorable.  <strong>I must say though that Josh Turner's voice makes me weak in the knees.</strong> 

<div>YES. We played some of his songs at our reception. When my mom saw country songs on the list, she kind of freaked out, but then she heard him and gave in.</div><div>
    </div><div>I have yet to determine why she's so anti-country music. The woman is from Texas.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards