October 2012 Weddings
Options

QOTD 8/22

What was/is your dress budget? How much did you actually spend on your dress? (Not including alterations)
Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: QOTD 8/22

• Options

My mom offered $1000 for my dress, it came to $900 with taxes so she got my shoes and crinoline.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    My budget was about $1200. I ended up getting my dress at a sample sale for $550 (regular $1100). It was a sample that had only been tried on by a few people and was essentially brand new. I also paid $25 for the non-woven garment bag to protect it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I wanted to be around $600 total on my outfit...

$540 on the gown
    $120 on alterations
    $12 on my veil

All and all not too bad.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 13, 2012
  • Options
    Budget was $1250. Dress came in at $1025 plus $185 alterations. Not too shabby I think. (No sales tax, thank you NJ!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I probably would have spent up to $1500 on it, but I actually fell in love with one that was only $499! Alterations were $150 and I'm not wearing a veil or headpiece.
  • Options
    My budget was $750 for everything and it came to about $650.
  • Options

My mom offered to pay for my dress and didn't set a budget because she knows I'm not an extravagent purchaser.  I was comfortable spending $800 max.
    I orginally chsoe to wear my grandmas dress and have it altered, which cost about $400 (vintage, chantilly lace with lfull sleeves.). After it was altered I found out it wasn't my grandmas dress (long story) so i purchased a new dress that is literally my dream!!  This one costs about $400 including tax.

• Options
    Well, when I first e-mailed my seamstress about changing my mother's wedding dress I sent her an inspiration pic and explained what I wanted to do with it. She estimated it would cost around $300. After we started working on it we added some things like bra cups and a belt. She also provided me with my flower/feather hair piece and did a new bustle.

The total was $375.

Then, since it is old and had been sitting in a bag I had to have it cleaned. That cost $100.00.

I found my crinoline at Goodwill and got it for $4.00.

So total for dress is $479.00!
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wanted total no more than $850. I think the dress was like $550 or so and alterations were a little over $200 so I think I came in just under, and considering I was so frugal (cheap?), I'm pleased.
    Anniversary
  • Options

I didn't want to spend more than $1000 on my dress.  The total was $1033, and I got my veil for free, so not too bad!
    I have my first fitting in a few weeks.  Hopefully those aren't too bad.

Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Budget was $3,000.

Dress was $2,300
    Veil was $500
    Don't know the cost of alterations yet...I don't think it'll be too much, so I'll probably stay close to my original budget.
  • Options
    My budget for dress and alterations was $700.

My dress was $599, on sale for $549. Then I bought a $10 garment bag for it. After tax it was $592.54. Alterations were $100 even, so I spent $692.54 :)

Also, I'm making my own veil, and the supplies for that have been about $10, so nothing extravagant there either.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My budget was 1200. My first dress came to 570 after tax and then the second dress came to 243....
  • Options
    My budget for the dress was $1,000.  I think the total came to like $988 or something like that -- just barely under budget!
  • Options
    I didn't really have a budget, but I didn't want to spend more than $1,000. My dress was around $850 and my alterations are only $50, so I'm happy.
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My dress budget was $1000, and it came it $954.04. Of course, then I went crazy buying a veil and paying for alterations, which together were $737.42, putting me $691.46 over budget. What matters is that I'm happy though, and did have the extra money to put towards it without a problem.
  • Options
    I ultimately wanted to spend no more than $750 for my dress. However, I fell in love with the one I bought and it cost $1075. My neighbor has done my alterations for free though, and I found a steal for my veil that was used once by another bride ($40 for the beaded edge veil that normally costs around $200).

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I only wanted to spend $600, which was the price of the dresses I liked when I looked online at David's Bridal, but I ended up falling in love with a dress that was $799. My mom convinced me that it wasn't worth saving $199 to not get the dress of my dreams. I'm so glad she talked me into that, since it really didn't make or break the budget and I LOVE my dress.

I'm not sure how much my alterations are yet, but it'll probably be on the expensive side since I need the dress hemmed and there are two layers--one of lace and one the skirt underneath, plus the dress is being taken in a half-inch on either side, and she's making a bustle.

I also spent $99 on an after-party dress since we plan on going to a local bar after the reception and partying 'til dawn with our friends. I need that dress hemmed, but that'll probably only be about $10.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    The dress is my mom's contribution, so I didn't want to spend too much.  I had a $1000 limit.  It came to $970 with taxes.

• Options
    My mom said 1000 and that was including veil and alterations. My dress came to 987and I decided no veil but did receive a free seed pearl come as I bought the sample and it had a small tear in a seam. Alterations were 297. I felt bad about going over but my mom said it was no biggie and she was happy to do it.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    I NEVER spend a lot of money on clothes, I never want to spend more than $10 on a shirt unless it is really nice. Because I am such a thrifty shopper I decided to really treat myself with the wedding dress. My budget for my attire was $2500. My dress was $1600, my veil was $150, after taxes and alterations it was around $1900. I bought my crinoline on ebay for $10, ceremony shoes for $70 and reception shoes for $150. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My budget was about $500.  I bought a dress for a little over $300 and then had major dress regret.  I ended up buying another one for $500 and I am so much happier.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I was trying my best to stay at or under $600. When I found a dress off the rack that i loved for $250, I jumped at it- and then my mom offered to buy it for me! It was such a nice surprise. The alterations are costing $181 and my veil was a meager $25. So, thanks to mom, I ended up saving quite a bit of money.
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I didnt really have a budget but i didnt want to spend a crazy amount even though my mom was paying for it
    I found my dress for $1250 and fell in love but got it cheaper somewhere else for $999 no tax thank you New Jersey=)
    My headpiece/veil- free bc im using my sister's
    alterations- idk yet, my first fitting is tomorrow and i just need cups sewn in and a bustle
  • Options
    Haha, this is a good one.  I had originally intended to spend around $500 and the less the better (we don't plan on having children and I hate the idea of spending so much on a dress that will NEVER be worn again).  The one I ended up finding was for $850 and they took $100 off for me to buy it that day and with alterations the total comes to roughly $925ish I think (the $100 off basically pays for the hem and I didn't need much else). :-) Love my dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My dress ended up being $700, I had planned to keep it under $1,000.  My shoes were $80, no veil, hair accessories were about $20.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    You all got some good deals on dresses! My budget was 1500 but I was hoping to spend closer to 1000. My dress came to 1600, but that includes all alterations.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I really didn't want to pay more than 800.  I had checked out Davids Bridal and I didn't find one in my price range that I liked.  Then I went to an independent bridal gallery and when  I told her my budget she said their dresses usually started at 1000!

So my  mom said I should up my budget and tried on a few dresses that I liked.  Then she brought out MY DRESS!  It was perfect and the least expensive at 950ish!  The veil was 80 and the bustle 75.
  • Options
    My dress budget was $5,000, and I was originally going to pay for the dress myself.  My mom ended up paying for the dress, which I got at a trunk sale for $950.  
    -Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • Options
    I wasn't going to spend more than 1000 on the dress. The one I picked was originally priced at 1150, but was on sale for 850! I probably spent more on my veil and headpiece than I should have, though...about 200 total there. Shoes were cheap, jewelry was a gift, and my crinoline is borrowed. Still waiting on alterations, so we'll see how much that sets me back. This is by far the most expensive outfit I've ever worn, LOL!
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards