Snarky Brides

Air Your Grievances!

The rule: Try to keep it knot related.  In general we don't care how you feel about your job, your boss, your coworker, your friends, etc.

I'll start.
Mica- I saw the link you provided as "proof" that you weren't the annoying Mica, but your link lead to your posting history, which I could have seen by clicking on your magnifying glass.  I still would have had to dig through all of those posts to find the right one and I wasn't going to do it, so I stand behind my statement the other day about what Meg was thinking of.

Also, I never said I didn't like you.  You read way too far into it.  I merely reminded Meg why she may have thought that people didn't like you.
kd.joseph's wish is my command
Just call me "Brothel"
And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
my read shelf:
Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Air Your Grievances!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:3b913d6e-a086-4476-9d61-e38a367d1cff">Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The rule: Try to keep it knot related.  In general we don't care how you feel about your job, your boss, your coworker, your friends, etc. I'll start. Mica- I saw the link you provided as "proof" that you weren't the annoying Mica, but your link lead to your posting history, which I could have seen by clicking on your magnifying glass.  I still would have had to dig through all of those posts to find the right one and I wasn't going to do it, so I stand behind my statement the other day about what Meg was thinking of. <strong>Also, I never said I didn't like you.  You read way too far into it.  I merely reminded Meg why she may have thought that people didn't like you.
    </strong>Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I actually asked if you were the Mica people didn't like around here.
    I wasn't sure at the time. But after your really stupid biitching about type A personalities (which you knew nothing about) and a few other mundane comments you made, I am now actually not a huge fan.
    And B, Mica did admit in the biotch thread it was her in the crying babies thread.
  • Let me rephrase: there was a whole thread about how SB is lame this week.  That's what I was referencing.  My grievance was unclear and muddled.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:1ae06c1a-cfd1-4992-bcfe-6a43db168f78">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Let me rephrase: there was a whole thread about how SB is lame this week.  That's what I was referencing.  My grievance was unclear and muddled.
    Posted by Night_Sprite[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok, so you weren't grievancing (new word, do you like it?) B, you were grievancing me.  For providing a 10 page thread with lots of interesting discussion. 

Or maybe I'm still confused.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:1ae06c1a-cfd1-4992-bcfe-6a43db168f78">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Let me rephrase: there was a whole thread about how SB is lame this week.  That's what I was referencing.  My grievance was unclear and muddled.

I actually don't mind these threads if it cleans house a bit. I think the board has improved since.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:0def2950-2aee-4e02-8c7e-92743f036fe5">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]And B, Mica did admit in the biotch thread it was her in the crying babies thread.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
    Cool.  I think I missed that part
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:1ae06c1a-cfd1-4992-bcfe-6a43db168f78">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:

I knew what you were talking about. I had to read it twice though. ;)
  • I haven't seen this person around, but that comment Rosenb made yesterday about the South being assbackwards was pretty freakin rude.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:f149faca-1ba6-4cc4-af09-7778b43c81d2">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't seen this person around, but that comment Rosenb made yesterday about the South being assbackwards was pretty freakin rude.
    Posted by staceytaylor0704[/QUOTE]

Wait, what?  What thread was this in?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:65139960-d472-4f4a-af29-a4019123747e">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air Your Grievances! : Wait, what?  What thread was this in?
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

It was in kcullen's "I'm wearing purple today" post from yesterday.

And star, I have no clue who it is- they just popped in yesterday.
  • ok not going to lie - I don't LOVE missC. I think she can be brash and rude but as for the knotting during work- hell its none of our business. Unless your kid is in her class I say lay off. Its her job to lose and we all knot during the day so I'm sure a lot of us are knotting from work. end of story.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:93d3f984-a68e-4e48-a2f0-3065531b8f4b">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]To everyone who keeps ragging on MissCourtney, just lay off. JesusChrist. Everyone bitched at her once and I'm sure she's well aware that some of you dislike her teaching methods, but to keep harping on it is stupid.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:7d6a51b7-1233-48dc-9ce9-60c77b73262b">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air Your Grievances! : It was in kcullen's "I'm wearing purple today" post from yesterday. And star, I have no clue who it is- they just popped in yesterday.
    Posted by staceytaylor0704[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>hmm maybe it was a troll. I am too lazy to look for her. </div>

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:93d3f984-a68e-4e48-a2f0-3065531b8f4b">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]To everyone who keeps ragging on MissCourtney, just lay off. JesusChrist. Everyone bitched at her once and I'm sure she's well aware that some of you dislike her teaching methods, but to keep harping on it is stupid.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

It's not just you, Mara, but this is the first post that's popped up here, so you get the luck of my quoting you before I make this rant.  The general consensus of my Dear SB thread was that everyone should man up and say what they want to say IN the thread that's bugging them instead of waiting it out for a FFF type of thread.  But then when people DID man up and say what they wanted to say, they got ripped.  I think that sucks.

• This isn't a flame (yet) because maybe I was misunderstanding, but it bothered me whne KW said this, "I also think it's an easy thing for most people with jobs to say that people feel entitled for getting a good job" in LTZ's entitlement thread. I thought most people were agreeing that suing for not getting a job was the issue. I actually don't believe that most people with jobs look down on others for wanting/expecting a good job. That leap bothered me because it felt like a sting on people with jobs that just did not hold water.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:10e905ed-414c-44e1-9b12-782a2e7140f9">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air Your Grievances! : hmm maybe it was a troll. I am too lazy to look for her. 
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

I've seen her post before here and there.
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:525d047b-09f1-4604-8342-cc2bffb1c443">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]ok not going to lie - I don't LOVE missC. I think she can be brash and rude but as for the knotting during work- hell its none of our business. <strong>Unless your kid is in her class I say lay off</strong>. Its her job to lose and we all knot during the day so I'm sure a lot of us are knotting from work. end of story.

Or, what if you live in the state of IL, and pay taxes? 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:8093d169-ba6f-4e7c-8291-e157dfc79961">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air Your Grievances! : It's not just you, Mara, but this is the first post that's popped up here, so you get the luck of my quoting you before I make this rant.  The general consensus of my Dear SB thread was that everyone should man up and say what they want to say IN the thread that's bugging them instead of waiting it out for a FFF type of thread.  But then when people DID man up and say what they wanted to say, they got ripped.  I think that sucks.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Yup. I feel like people want to protect their friend more than follow the consensus that annoyances on this board should not be confined to threads like this one.

I get at some point that ragging gets old, but I think B had every right to questions MC posting a new thread RIGHT after she said she was walking away from the knot. Then it was clarified she was home now and every one dropped it. I don't think the ragging went too far at all. I have seen much, much worse. If anything, it was the people defending MC in that thread that kept the drama going.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:2e4cea78-f8d2-4ed0-8fdd-6697ef988da4">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air Your Grievances! : Or, what if you live in the state of IL, and pay taxes? 

<div>
    </div><div>ok you have a point. ok this is going to seem super mean but instead of scaring her off the board- let her post. Eventually she will get fired and maybe she shouldn't be teaching if she wants to chat all day. It will handle itself...</div>

my book shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:2e4cea78-f8d2-4ed0-8fdd-6697ef988da4">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air Your Grievances! : Or, what if you live in the state of IL, and pay taxes? 

Do we know if she works at a public school?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:8093d169-ba6f-4e7c-8291-e157dfc79961">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air Your Grievances! : It's not just you, Mara, but this is the first post that's popped up here, so you get the luck of my quoting you before I make this rant.  The general consensus of my Dear SB thread was that everyone should man up and say what they want to say IN the thread that's bugging them instead of waiting it out for a FFF type of thread.  But then when people DID man up and say what they wanted to say, they got ripped.  I think that sucks.

I get what you're saying. I just feel like people keep bringing it up, just to complain about it. People pointed out that MissC shouldn't knot at work yesterday during her School Dayz thread and she was ripped a new one. Fine, that's how it should be. But then, in her post last night, people still kept going on about it. FFS, just move on. It wasn't like she was at school last night. And what she does in her personal time isn't anyone else's business. If she wants to Knot and not prep for the next day, so be it. Like Star said, she'll be the one who figures it out when she gets fired.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:4461e130-df87-43ac-a565-70f028d0ab8a">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air Your Grievances! : ok you have a point. ok this is going to seem super mean but instead of scaring her off the board- let her post. Eventually she will get fired and maybe she shouldn't be teaching if she wants to chat all day. It will handle itself...

I'm pretty sure she said last night she was going to lay off posting at school, and keep knotting to her personal time at home. I could be wrong though..
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:3f16b3eb-794d-4d24-92b0-3711e364556d">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air Your Grievances! : Yup. I feel like people want to protect their friend more than follow the consensus that annoyances on this board should not be confined to threads like this one. I get at some point that ragging gets old, but I think B had every right to questions MC posting a new thread RIGHT after she said she was walking away from the knot. Then it was clarified she was home now and every one dropped it. I don't think the ragging went too far at all. I have seen much, much worse. If anything, it was the people defending MC in that thread that kept the drama going.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]
    Exactly.

Also, I think MC likes the attention, even if it is negative.  If she didn't she wouldn't have repeatedly posted about how she was knotting from her classroom after already being ripped apart for it.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:4461e130-df87-43ac-a565-70f028d0ab8a">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air Your Grievances! : ok you have a point. ok this is going to seem super mean but instead of scaring her off the board- let her post. Eventually she will get fired and maybe she shouldn't be teaching if she wants to chat all day. It will handle itself...

I really have no horse in this race because I don't care what she does THAT much. However, I still think the students and parents would. That is just a fact.
  • Mine is also a blanket grievance.

You walk down an aisle.  An isle is where you go for your honeymoon (or on a cool DW).  I may lose it the next time I see this. 

Now I will go back to studying for my midterm tonight and lurking.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:a14663d7-0a94-442a-9587-88473e6b98a3">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air Your Grievances! : Exactly. <strong>Also, I think MC likes the attention, even if it is negative.  If she didn't she wouldn't have repeatedly posted about how she was knotting from her classroom after already being ripped apart for it.</strong>
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>THIS! this this this this this.</div>

my book shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:f20aad77-7e81-4d4f-9b8f-78e3a7da76fe">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine is also a blanket grievance. You walk down an aisle.  An isle is where you go for your honeymoon (or on a cool DW).  I may lose it the next time I see this.  Now I will go back to studying for my midterm tonight and lurking.
    Posted by mrscarter052011[/QUOTE]

Add rehersal/rehearsal to this list.
  • Before I flame, I'd like to clear something. When you said TK related, Betrothed, did you mean all of TK? Is it ok to flame someone for something they said on another board? FWIW, it's a poster who posts here fairly often.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2010
    Crap, this is going to turn into a thread about MC, huh?

I'm going to go think of something completely different to grievance.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:39aa770c-fda7-4eac-9c44-ae206e370c9e">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Before I flame, I'd like to clear something. When you said TK related, Betrothed, did you mean all of TK? Is it ok to flame someone for something they said on another board? FWIW, it's a poster who posts here fairly often.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

I think that's perfectly acceptable, but a link to go with it would be awesome
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:39aa770c-fda7-4eac-9c44-ae206e370c9e">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Before I flame, I'd like to clear something. When you said TK related, Betrothed, did you mean all of TK? Is it ok to flame someone for something they said on another board? FWIW, it's a poster who posts here fairly often.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]
    As far as I'm concerned, flaming other boards is perfectly fine, and made all the better if links are provided.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards