North Carolina-Outer Banks

decorations for the pool?

To anyone hosting your reception around the pool of a rental home, are you planning on floating candles, flowers, or anything else in the pool during your reception? I'd love to hear your ideas! Thanks!

Re: decorations for the pool?

• dwfangirldwfangirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my reception around the pool and am just starting to think about whether to float decorations.  Doing research now, if I find anything I'll post!  Would love to hear from other brides who have already thought of this.  :)  
  • kolaughlin23kolaughlin23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have thought a lot about this... I was thinking floating candles, but I don't know if it is realistic. I really wanted to cover the pool with a clear dance floor, but of course that is wayyyy too much!!
  • mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I"ve seen tied together baech balls.  On the more extravagant end of things, I saw flowers, etc. floating in the pool with a big piece of plexiglass ( I suppose) over top that people can walk on and had other things on.
  • edited December 2011
    I've seen some really adorable floating lotuses that have led colored lighting. And my florist brought up a good point-- whichever you go with, make sure you can tie some sort of anchor to it. Otherwise they all get pushed together on the side!
  • edited December 2011
    How much did covering the pool with a clear dance floor cost?
  • edited December 2011
    We placed gerber daisies in the pool, but they definiately clumped together and migrated towards the filter.   However, if you just make sure the pool lights are on (if it's at night), it will still look pretty! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards