Pre-wedding Parties

engagement party favors

Do I put the date of the engagement party or the date of the wedding??

Please help!!
THX

Re: engagement party favors

• ManwaithielManwaithiel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My own take on favors is that anything with dates of the events on them kind of end up dusty and either meet File 13 or a garage sale.

I guess you'd put the e party date. You could ask the bride and groom what date they think would be good on it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of favors for the E-party, but I agree with the personalization part. I don't keep things around that have other people's special dates.

I would say the E-party date though if you do it anyways.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    '
    d say don't worry about it.  Favors are completely unneccessary for an e-party.

ETA:  If you do decide to do favors anyway, even though they're unneccessary, I wouldn't put a wedding date on them.  Wedding dates have been known to change.  Many on these boards absolutely had their wedding date cast in stone....until it had to be changed.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    I'd say skip the favors. I"m never seen favors at an engagement party. If you do keep the favors I'd probably use names instead of the dates.
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do favors exactly.

FOB hosted the engagment party at his club and ordered a couple hundred beer cups, green (for Irish) and the B&G's name on them.  They were a hit.

As a matter of fact, I was trying to scoop some liquid out of their sink at Christmas and the first thing I put my hands on was one of those cups :)

Cute, by not necessary at all.
  • bekahjane89bekahjane89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had ring pops at my e party as favors. We're all young enough that "childish" things like that are still cute. I just set them on a tray with a tag attached to them with some cute little poem or rhyme and our names on the back of the tag. It's a little memento that says "thanks for coming" to your guests (even though it isn't 'necessary' still a nice gesture) but doesn't break the bank (and won't get trashed). Most of our guests were eating theirs before they left.
    Beka Lou
  • BRwedding2011BRwedding2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ring pops are a cute idea, my mom had thought about doing those too!

For our party, my dad enjoys making flavored popcorn so he's going to pop some and place in bags with a sticker label that says "He popped the question...and she said yes"...simple, inexpensive but a nice thanks for coming, here's a snack for the drive home favor :)
  • BRwedding2011BRwedding2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and to answer the original question, I'm not putting a date, just the saying replacing he/she with our names...our date isn't set in stone and since they are at the party on that date it doesn't make sense to put the date of the party!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards