Georgia-Atlanta

Waterclosets aka Portable Toilets

OK, so I am seriously interested in a specific venue, and comes to find out they do not have restrooms on the day I have chosen. So their suggestion is to rent a water closet. I seriously think this is tacky. What do you think?

Re: Waterclosets aka Portable Toilets

• em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_waterclosets-aka-portable-toilets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:b005eb15-86af-4e98-916e-5b23a9a91a5ePost:ed4253a6-0ffe-4a13-9c56-16b5fd5a9ad6">Waterclosets aka Portable Toilets</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK, so I am seriously interested in a specific venue, and comes to find out they<strong> do not have restrooms on the day I have chosen</strong>. So their suggestion is to rent a water closet. I seriously think this is tacky. What do you think?
    Posted by studiochick2010[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Say what? I'm confused. Why would they have restrooms some days and not others? </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm guessing it is an outdoor venue? If they "normally" would have restrooms, they more than likely would in fact be watercloset/portapotties anyway...</div><div>
    </div><div>Um, yeah portapotties suck. I hate using them in general, and I would be pretty miffed if I had to use a portapotty at a wedding, especially if I was dolled up in nice clothes. I would look for someplace that has a clubhouse or other available in door restrooms. =/</div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • edited December 2011
    Yah I agree- thats probably not the best if you are having a nice wedding.  Which all weddings are nice so I would suggest looking into some different venues.  
  • edited December 2011
    I just read an article in the AJC and there is a company in the Atlanta area that provides classy waterclosets that flush, have running water, and you can even get attendent services.  Google Atlanta Water Closets.  I think it's more important to have a bathroom available than to worrying if it would be tacky.  I think it's fine to have them, especially for an outdoor wedding.
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_waterclosets-aka-portable-toilets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:b005eb15-86af-4e98-916e-5b23a9a91a5ePost:bc77354c-13e2-45c1-bf4e-a6e6856f39b5">Re: Waterclosets aka Portable Toilets</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just read an article in the AJC and there is a company in the Atlanta area that provides classy waterclosets <strong>that flush, have running water, and you can even get attendent services.</strong>  Google Atlanta Water Closets.  I think it's more important to have a bathroom available than to worrying if it would be tacky.  I think it's fine to have them, especially for an outdoor wedding.
    Posted by hsteerm[/QUOTE]

<div>I was completely unaware of this. So yeah, if you get ones like this, I take back what I said. I was envisioning those awful blue or green ones at public parks/carnivals/etc. Please don't do those. I mean, its necessary to have toilets yes, but I would find a different place before I got those things. To me it wouldn't be worth the hassle of getting this service anyway when there have to be nice places with restroom facilities already. However, if you are dead set on this place, get the classy portapotties. </div>
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, thank you both for your responses! Em01092 I should have specified.They would be from Atlanta Water Closets. It is just the idea of having portapottie that I can't get past. THe venue is absolutely beautiful, they let you bring your own caterer, and both my fiance and I love it. Ughhh I hate this. I literally only have 2 months and three days to pull this off. I have a lot of things come up with the venue I had before.
  • edited December 2011
    Call up a provider, and ask if they have a "crowdpleaser."  No, I'm not kidding.

I worked for a garbage company in between high school and freshman year of college.  They were also in charge of port-o-lets.  They do make units that they deliver (that look like small construction trailers) that are just sinks, mirrors, stalls, the whole sheband. 

If they don't have restrooms on the DAY you have chosen, to help off-set the cost of rentals, you'd better ask for a DISCOUNT on the venue rental fee.
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't do t, but thats just me. The first thing I think of is that it is not going to be a classy event. Tough decision you have for sure.
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Go for the classy ones if you can.

I have a friend having a reception in a backyard (a huge backyard, she's inviting like 200 people) and I'm already wondering what the port-o-potties are going to be like (I know she got them).  I'm a bridesmaid so I'm hoping they are not nasty! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards